• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartD

I watched Depths of Darkness today. Quattro thought he had the advantage with the field spell, but Shark got around that.

Did anyone watch it?

J Ken

RAVE
I watched Depths of Darkness today. Quattro thought he had the advantage with the field spell, but Shark got around that.

Did anyone watch it?

I did and spoilers for English viewers but Shark is getting a new upgrade.

Btw for anyone who has seen the first episode of the 5th arc. I'm really seeing similarities between the Vector and Don Thousand duo and the Yami Bakura and Zorc combination.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Hopefully he gets a Shark Drake evolution during ZEXAL II where Shark uses a Rank-Up evolution card, I wonder if Galaxy-Eyes will aswell.

J Ken

RAVE
oh believe me, he doesn't really mind about that *points at his duel in Sargasso

Yeah I remember that. xD I'm sure there will be a time where Shark purposely suicides one of his monsters just to summon Shark Drake Veiss.

Hopefully he gets a Shark Drake evolution during ZEXAL II where Shark uses a Rank-Up evolution card, I wonder if Galaxy-Eyes will aswell.

I hope so as well. Maybe after the events with Rio and Durbe pass he will gain a new strength. Shark just has to be the one to beat Durbe.
I doubt Galaxy-Eyes would get a new form. Tachyon Dragon is basically a replacement for that. Also a Chaos Neo Galaxy-Eyes seems like a bit too much.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
yeah, Shark definitely needs a new ace. NGEPD is okay for now due to its powerful ATK and effect, but C32 is like a toy compared to C39V and C39Victory, especially since unlike those two C39 and NGEPD, C32 needs the user to have 1000 or less LP, which is very crippling. The other three are actual boss cards that lets you win the game easily, but C32 is way too risky and can cause you to lose the game instead, as inflicting 1000 or less damage is a lot more easier. Not to mention its anime effect is not as good as the real life effect, as it is restricted to "Shark" monsters and depends on the "Shark" monster's ATK.

I doubt Galaxy-Eyes would get a new form. Tachyon Dragon is basically a replacement for that.

That's assuming Kaito will obtain 107 and C107 after beating Misael. Most likely, he won't, since even Astral couldn't take 105 and C105.

One other thing that I'm wondering about, though, is the oriental dragon in the new OP. We know it's definitely a new below-hundred Number, and it will eventually goes to Kaito regardless of whether Misael obtained it first or not (otherwise they won't have that scene in the new OP)
But will Kaito use that Number over his Galaxy-Eyes? I doubt it. So I wonder what's the point of giving him a new Number if it's never going to be the real ace anyway.

Dreamy

Yeah it was a pretty good episode. For whatever reason the Vortex doesn't air until Sunday on Direct tv and Zexal doesn't come on til 11:30 I believe and I sleep in on Sunday, so thank goodness for DVR :)

Yuma vs. Nistro is going to be epic

J Ken

RAVE
yeah, Shark definitely needs a new ace. NGEPD is okay for now due to its powerful ATK and effect, but C32 is like a toy compared to C39V and C39Victory, especially since unlike those two C39 and NGEPD, C32 needs the user to have 1000 or less LP, which is very crippling. The other three are actual boss cards that lets you win the game easily, but C32 is way too risky and can cause you to lose the game instead, as inflicting 1000 or less damage is a lot more easier. Not to mention its anime effect is not as good as the real life effect, as it is restricted to "Shark" monsters and depends on the "Shark" monster's ATK.

True. I see Shark getting a rank up Shark Drake. Either in his rematch with Durbe or if he really is revealed to be a Barian.

That's assuming Kaito will obtain 107 and C107 after beating Misael. Most likely, he won't, since even Astral couldn't take 105 and C105.

One other thing that I'm wondering about, though, is the oriental dragon in the new OP. We know it's definitely a new below-hundred Number, and it will eventually goes to Kaito regardless of whether Misael obtained it first or not (otherwise they won't have that scene in the new OP)
But will Kaito use that Number over his Galaxy-Eyes? I doubt it. So I wonder what's the point of giving him a new Number if it's never going to be the real ace anyway.

I'm not sure if Kite will keep the Numbers. If him and Shark duel Number Guardians and get Numbers they might give it to help out Astral since both of them know how much more Astral needs the numbers then they do.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm not sure if Kite will keep the Numbers. If him and Shark duel Number Guardians and get Numbers they might give it to help out Astral since both of them know how much more Astral needs the numbers then they do.

Well they can do the same thing as Shark. Remember, Shark is the one holding the card for 32 and C32, not Astral or Yuma.

Still, like I said, I wonder what's the point of giving him a new Number along with that scene in the OP if the Number is never going to be his new/real ace anyway?

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Yeah it was a pretty good episode. For whatever reason the Vortex doesn't air until Sunday on Direct tv and Zexal doesn't come on til 11:30 I believe and I sleep in on Sunday, so thank goodness for DVR :)

Yuma vs. Nistro is going to be epic

You mean Yuuma and Droite versus Gauche and Alit, because even more YES for having Droite doing things and Alit being back on the show. I really want more about Droite that isn't "I WUB U KAITO!!!", and also the two of them together, because we haven't seen a lot of that yet.

I'm still sort of :| about Rio getting kidnapped/manipulated in the episode previews. Again. Can we maybe please make "I can take care of myself" be less of an informed ability, writers? Maybe?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
You mean Yuuma and Droite versus Gauche and Alit, because even more YES for having Droite doing things and Alit being back on the show. I really want more about Droite that isn't "I WUB U KAITO!!!", and also the two of them together, because we haven't seen a lot of that yet.

iirc the dub is still at WDC?

And considering he mentioned "Nistro" instead of Gauche, maybe he is indeed referring to the dub version.

I'm still sort of :| about Rio getting kidnapped/manipulated in the episode previews. Again. Can we maybe please make "I can take care of myself" be less of an informed ability, writers? Maybe?

I'm fine with that, if it explain Rio's Barian power, but what I don't like is that quick scene in the new OP with Rio seemingly unconscious, the scene make it looks like she's dead....then again, I doubt they want to kill their source of fanservice (Kotori surely gets boring after a while)

J Ken

RAVE
Well they can do the same thing as Shark. Remember, Shark is the one holding the card for 32 and C32, not Astral or Yuma.

Still, like I said, I wonder what's the point of giving him a new Number along with that scene in the OP if the Number is never going to be his new/real ace anyway?

You are right they can do that. But the difference is that Shark Drake is Shark's true ace while any Numbers Kite get's would just be Galaxy-Eyes backup.

Btw if you look closely at Nasch's silhouette you can see that his hairstyle is similar to Shark's. Shark and Rio are either Nasch and Merag, their wills in human form or their reincarnations.

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
iirc the dub is still at WDC?

And considering he mentioned "Nistro" instead of Gauche, maybe he is indeed referring to the dub version.

Oh, oops, yeah, you're right. I got thrown off because we're having two different conversations here, sorry.

I'm fine with that, if it explain Rio's Barian power, but what I don't like is that quick scene in the new OP with Rio seemingly unconscious, the scene make it looks like she's dead....then again, I doubt they want to kill their source of fanservice (Kotori surely gets boring after a while)

I'd like an explanation too, but it really burns my biscuits that Rio is getting built up to be the damsel-in-distress for Shark instead of what she claimed she was, demonstrated herself as, and then had that agency taken forcibly away from her. Apocalypse Maiden or Barrier Maiden, I'd be okay with, and hell, I'd even be all right if there was some opposite-factions conflict that ended up with Shark having to kick her ***. I'm not sure if it's a symbolic scene or meant to be taken literally, but even if it's literal, death in YGO tends to be fleeting at best, if you know what I mean. (See also: season 3 GX, 5D's Dark Signers, some DM penalty game victims.)

NeoDude-5000

I bet their partnership is going to be similar to the partnership Yuma and Astral have. The duo of doom, we'll call them if this is the case.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
None of these partnerships you're describing are anything alike. Yuuma and Astral is a genuine friendship, Don Thousand and Vector reeks of Don Thousand using him under the pretense of "oh, I'll help you out too, I guess, here have some cool powers", and Black Mist and Vector is an alliance of two people who acknowledge their willingness to backstab their respective "sides" (and one another) and therefore are tentatively helping each other out.

Saying Black Mist and Vector (or Don Thousand and Vector) will be like Yuuma and Astral is... really, really stretching it, because Vector seems downright incapable of friendship, which is what the protagonist duo's bond hinges on.

J Ken

RAVE
None of these partnerships you're describing are anything alike. Yuuma and Astral is a genuine friendship, Don Thousand and Vector reeks of Don Thousand using him under the pretense of "oh, I'll help you out too, I guess, here have some cool powers", and Black Mist and Vector is an alliance of two people who acknowledge their willingness to backstab their respective "sides" (and one another) and therefore are tentatively helping each other out.

Saying Black Mist and Vector (or Don Thousand and Vector) will be like Yuuma and Astral is... really, really stretching it, because Vector seems downright incapable of friendship, which is what the protagonist duo's bond hinges on.

By Vector and Don Thousand I meant more of like how they used to dislike each other but it is worse then Yuma and Astral were.

If anything Vector and Don Thousand's duo is similar to Yami Bakura and Zorc and Vector and Dark Mist's duo is similar to Yami Bakura and Marik.

Status
Not open for further replies.