• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Looking at the current condition, I already can see Vector will ends up causing trouble for the Barian World and his own Barian friends, and they ends up siding with Yuma.
Especially when Gilag and Alit regained their memories and realized that Vector is the one attacking them.

also, Gilag's new Number is a tanuki. I wonder what his past is......

J Ken

RAVE
Looking at the current condition, I already can see Vector will ends up causing trouble for the Barian World and his own Barian friends, and they ends up siding with Yuma.
Especially when Gilag and Alit regained their memories and realized that Vector is the one attacking them.

also, Gilag's new Number is a tanuki. I wonder what his past is......

I can see them siding with Yuma for a while as well. I think the only way that they would recognize Vector as Rei is if they see his human form or if they learn about it from Durbe and Misael.

I'm thinking that he was a strong and fierce commander that used trickery to deceive and defeat his opponents.

NeoDude-5000

I can see them siding with Yuma for a while as well. I think the only way that they would recognize Vector as Rei is if they see his human form or if they learn about it from Durbe and Misael.

I'm thinking that he was a strong and fierce commander that used trickery to deceive and defeat his opponents.

They will most likely team up with Yuma when Don Thousand awakens (well he's gonna anyway), and it will pretty much end up like in the Yu-Gi-Oh! finale where they have to stop a "completely indestructable god of destruction" from destroying 2 worlds (3 in this case Astral and Barian Worlds and Earth)

J Ken

RAVE
They will most likely team up with Yuma when Don Thousand awakens (well he's gonna anyway), and it will pretty much end up like in the Yu-Gi-Oh! finale where they have to stop a "completely indestructable god of destruction" from destroying 2 worlds (3 in this case Astral and Barian Worlds and Earth)

True but I feel like the opening where Vector disappears as Don Thousand reveals his strength can be what is to come in the future. Besides Vector did offer his life so Don Thousand could destroy Yuma and Astral.

SmartD

I watched Duel of Destiny part 2 today...or part of what I could watch. It was getting intense, but then the Nation Warning System muted most of the episode, specifically when Shark was going to activate the trap Vetrix gave him. And during commercials, after Shark activated Underwater Snow Prison, my TV froze up, and I had to reset my service, and when it got back, the episode already ended. Sigh...

J Ken

RAVE
I had a feeling Alit would be 1 shotted in the tag duel. I also have a odd feeling that the same will happen to Gilag. So much for their Don Thousand power ups. -_-

I'm waiting for Kite vs Jinlong and Shark vs Abyss since it's been over 20 episodes since they had proper duels. Heck Kite's last proper duel was the finale of arc 3. Shark has also not had a real hard fought duel since forever.

Last edited:

BlueWartortle

ぶル ワルとルツル
Did someone get what Alit said in the end? Did he regret what he did, got off the Thousand influence, and does that episode confirm that the heroes in those legends are really the barian Lords?

NeoDude-5000

I think he was lost and confused, in other words he got off Don Thousand's influence. And yes, the Barian's are reincarnations of past legendary figures (I think). We probulay have another "Yami was once a great Pharaoh" scenario on our hands.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yeah, the Barians are reincarnation of past legendary figures, who somehow are related to the Legendary Numbers, which in turn are required to "unseal" Don Thousand for some reason.

The question is, what do you think the reason why those blank Number cards becomes Numbers that are related to the Barian Lords?
There's really no reason for that to happen, unless those cards represents a part of Astral's memories that involves the Barian Lords.....it's possible that at some point in the past, Astral saw (and maybe fought?) all 7 Barian Lords, hence why the blank cards that represent that pieces of memory becomes Numbers that are related to the Barian Lords.

And why did those Numbers becomes the only ones required to "unseal" Don Thousand? What's really special from those Numbers, aside from the fact that all of them are related to the Barian Lords somehow?
The only thing I can think of right now, is that maybe whatever happened to the Barian Lords' past life is caused by Don Thousand.....Durbe got killed after trying to prevent his comrades from usurping a king, what if it was DT who influenced Durbe's comrades to do so? Alit was killed because people disliked that he defeated the prince, what if, again, it was DT who controlled the mind of the people there and made them dislike what's happening at the gladiator arena? Vector was a serial killer maniac, what if it was DT possessing him to do so?

I hope those things will be explained in the future.

....then again, they never explained how did No. 7 Lucky Stripe ends up being in a museum supposedly for quite a long time (5-6 months), even though WDC seems to be around 2 or 3 months since Yuma encounter Astral, judging from the number of episodes.

Also, iirc a future episode involves Yuma & Astral finally dueling No. 96 Black Mist again, which ends with

Astral disappearing and doesn't return, most likely for a while, I bet he WILL return, but the time is definitely not "soon".

I wonder if they'll finally be able to absorb and reseal that annoying black blob this time. I don't think that black blob is saying the truth when he says Astral can't absorb Chaos Numbers, most likely he's saying that just to discourage Astral from trying to absorb him again.

J Ken

RAVE
Yeah, the Barians are reincarnation of past legendary figures, who somehow are related to the Legendary Numbers, which in turn are required to "unseal" Don Thousand for some reason.

The question is, what do you think the reason why those blank Number cards becomes Numbers that are related to the Barian Lords?
There's really no reason for that to happen, unless those cards represents a part of Astral's memories that involves the Barian Lords.....it's possible that at some point in the past, Astral saw (and maybe fought?) all 7 Barian Lords, hence why the blank cards that represent that pieces of memory becomes Numbers that are related to the Barian Lords.

And why did those Numbers becomes the only ones required to "unseal" Don Thousand? What's really special from those Numbers, aside from the fact that all of them are related to the Barian Lords somehow?
The only thing I can think of right now, is that maybe whatever happened to the Barian Lords' past life is caused by Don Thousand.....Durbe got killed after trying to prevent his comrades from usurping a king, what if it was DT who influenced Durbe's comrades to do so? Alit was killed because people disliked that he defeated the prince, what if, again, it was DT who controlled the mind of the people there and made them dislike what's happening at the gladiator arena? Vector was a serial killer maniac, what if it was DT possessing him to do so?

I hope those things will be explained in the future.

....then again, they never explained how did No. 7 Lucky Stripe ends up being in a museum supposedly for quite a long time (5-6 months), even though WDC seems to be around 2 or 3 months since Yuma encounter Astral, judging from the number of episodes.

Also, iirc a future episode involves Yuma & Astral finally dueling No. 96 Black Mist again, which ends with

Astral disappearing and doesn't return, most likely for a while, I bet he WILL return, but the time is definitely not "soon".

I wonder if they'll finally be able to absorb and reseal that annoying black blob this time. I don't think that black blob is saying the truth when he says Astral can't absorb Chaos Numbers, most likely he's saying that just to discourage Astral from trying to absorb him again.

Dude your theory is spot on. I'm thinking that the Numbers were probably a symbol of Astral's future challenges. In fact it's possible that the Seven Legendary Numbers could represent the darkness and animosity between the Astral and Barian Worlds. Don Thousand could possibly have manipulated the events of each of the Barian Emperor's past lives.

I think that Dark Mist was right on Astral's inability to absorb Numbers. He has yet to accept the darkness inside himself. All of the Chaos Numbers are born out of the intense feelings of the Number holders. Yuma and Astral's Number Cs were born out of friendship and trust while the others were born of hatred, darkness and rage. The fact is that Astral's inability to absorb other Number Cs is because of his struggle to control his own darkness. Dark Mist can be the Number that represents all of Astral's true darkness. He could also be the Number born out of Astral's battle with Don Thousand.

BlueWartortle

ぶル ワルとルツル
We don't really know if Astral can absorb Number Cs or not. He only has the C39, of which he absorbed Utopia Ray V (which was of Barian origin) with ease. However, that eventually brought his darkness, and in order to turn it into light again, he expelled V and replaced it with Victory. Since 39 is Yuma's Number, accepting these Cs isn't that hard for Astral to do.

The other Number C Astral tried to absorb was Alit's C105. We don't know if Dark Mist is the reason this happens, or if it has to do with the Over-Hundred Numbers, which is not expanded upon a lot as a conecpt whatsoever.

If Dark Mist is true, though, that would mean that Astral is really evil. Not only that, he is trying under all costs to stop himself of becoming "himself" all this time. But if Numbers do really give memories, shouldn't 96 (which is quite special in origin) give him a memory of his darkness? Something that can be called proof, not just talks over talks.

Another theory I have got is that 32 is either the Number that holds the darkest secret or the final Legendary Number, since Shark has some Barian connections. I know it's pure speculation, but what do you think of it?

J Ken

RAVE
I'm getting a lot of deja vu from all of these theories. We should do another thread, one about the Barian's.

Definitely. xD

We don't really know if Astral can absorb Number Cs or not. He only has the C39, of which he absorbed Utopia Ray V (which was of Barian origin) with ease. However, that eventually brought his darkness, and in order to turn it into light again, he expelled V and replaced it with Victory. Since 39 is Yuma's Number, accepting these Cs isn't that hard for Astral to do.

The other Number C Astral tried to absorb was Alit's C105. We don't know if Dark Mist is the reason this happens, or if it has to do with the Over-Hundred Numbers, which is not expanded upon a lot as a conecpt whatsoever.

If Dark Mist is true, though, that would mean that Astral is really evil. Not only that, he is trying under all costs to stop himself of becoming "himself" all this time. But if Numbers do really give memories, shouldn't 96 (which is quite special in origin) give him a memory of his darkness? Something that can be called proof, not just talks over talks.

Another theory I have got is that 32 is either the Number that holds the darkest secret or the final Legendary Number, since Shark has some Barian connections. I know it's pure speculation, but what do you think of it?

Yeah Utopia and his Number C forms are ones created out of bonds, with the only one that had any corruption being Utopia Ray V who was obtained while Astral was incapacitated.

Well it could explain why he can't absorb the Number Cs but the Over-Hundred Numbers can't be absorbed by Astral at all, since he had Dark Mist in his possession when he beat Alit.

That is good in fact it could also have ties to the Over Hundred Number Shark would have if he really is Nasch. Plus Number C32's darkness was enough to corrupt both Yuma and Astral despite having the Emperor's key. If anything the revelation of Shark and his Barian ties will bring either two things, a new Shark Drake upgrade or either Numbers 101 or 103, he could even gain both. xD

BlueWartortle

ぶル ワルとルツル
I doubt he gets two Over-Hundreds. (Rio?) can be Merag, and there is already that Abyss Legendary Number associated with one of the two missing lords. Yet, there is a problem connecting Legendaries with Over-Hundreds.

Is there any real connection between:

44 and 102?
65 and 104?
64 and 105?

If something like that happens, the best we can expect is 101 being shark-like to fit Ryoga's theme.

J Ken

RAVE
I doubt he gets two Over-Hundreds. (Rio?) can be Merag, and there is already that Abyss Legendary Number associated with one of the two missing lords. Yet, there is a problem connecting Legendaries with Over-Hundreds.

Is there any real connection between:

44 and 102?
65 and 104?
64 and 105?

If something like that happens, the best we can expect is 101 being shark-like to fit Ryoga's theme.

Oh sorry I meant both of a new Shark Drake upgrade and a Over Hundred Number.

Most likely it will be Shark like. The Legendary Numbers and Over Hundred Numbers probably represent the past and present lives of the Barian Lords.

BlueWartortle

ぶル ワルとルツル
Two upgrades would be cool if Yuma v Shark was the final match of ZeXaL, finishing it exactly how it started. However, I think that Astral v Don Thousand will get the final treatment, and with the pretty restrictive amount of episodes remaining (around 10 unknown to us), I doubt they have time to settle everything they set up, reveal the last Lords, give us a huge Shark Duel and Don Thousand. Nasch may unfortunately get the secondary treatment.

J Ken

RAVE
Two upgrades would be cool if Yuma v Shark was the final match of ZeXaL, finishing it exactly how it started. However, I think that Astral v Don Thousand will get the final treatment, and with the pretty restrictive amount of episodes remaining (around 10 unknown to us), I doubt they have time to settle everything they set up, reveal the last Lords, give us a huge Shark Duel and Don Thousand. Nasch may unfortunately get the secondary treatment.

Nasch might not suffer if he really is Shark. I feel like they will try to make Kite Yuma's final opponent despite the fact that Kite is more interested in Misael. Also if you think about it Kite usually just put up with Yuma, in the WDC Astral was his real rival. Nowadays he barely shows up to even talk to any of them.

EDIT: Well it's good to know that Astral has confirmed the Barian Emperor's past lives and their connections to the ruins they have visited. I want to see Misaek and Gilag's stories, I also want to see Vector as the prince since all they have shown is a shadowed figure.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Just watched the latest episode (japanese one) and has been confirmed that the Barians are indeed reincarnations of past historical figures. Durbe was the knight, Vector was the ruthless prince and Alit was the ultimate gladiator. I wonder what Misael's and Gilag's past lives will are, and also what are the identities of the missing two emperors.

J Ken

RAVE
Just watched the latest episode (japanese one) and has been confirmed that the Barians are indeed reincarnations of past historical figures. Durbe was the knight, Vector was the ruthless prince and Alit was the ultimate gladiator. I wonder what Misael's and Gilag's past lives will are, and also what are the identities of the missing two emperors.

Misael I think will be a Dragon Master while Gilag will be a Commander who uses trickery to deceive and defeat his opponents.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

They still can do the Yuma VS Shark duel after Astral VS Don Thousand, Yusei VS Jack did happen after Yusei VS Z-One after all.

Where did you got this "10 episodes left for Zexal II" info anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.