• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Thread

Crimson-Wolf

I still prefer the original series if im honest.

Dark Exxod

Porsche Novice
Synchros are way too spammable:I don't see any Exceeds,at the moment,that will even threaten their place.Even then,with Synchros like Formula,Brionac,En-Shi,etc,I doubt they'll go the way of Fusions.Unless,of course,they go full-on retard,creating insanely broken Exceeds.
Actually,another problem that will arise is the limited Extra Deck space.Most duelists have enough trouble deciding which Synchros to include,not to mention Chimeratech Fortress Dragon,now they throw in another competitor for those 15 spots;it's going to force them to do one of three things, 1)create an enviroment where Synchros are almost completely unplayable[creating a bunch of broken Synchro-killers--As I think about it,I see this happening]; 2)ban/limit most of the current staple Synchros[ban Brionac,limit Stardust,etc];or 3) increase the Extra Deck limit [lets say,to 25,allowing 10 Synchros and 15 Exceeds,or something like that].

Crawley007

There's already been a lot of rumors going around saying they're going to increase the extra deck to 30... I can't see it going that high. But that would balance it out for 15 of each synchro and exceed. Because they can work well together actually. But I'm sure you realize it's all about the company making money. They want people to buy the new exceeds, so they could very well possibly plan to pretty much ruin synchros. I just can't see them continuing to make more along with exceeds. But either way, they won't be going anywhere for a long while. There wil still be the odd good decks with synchros just like how Eheros are still good now with fusions.

I don't really even want Exceeds though, I'd be happy with Synchro forever. I just hope the Agents stay good xD they're my favorite.

Dark Exxod

Porsche Novice
There's already been a lot of rumors going around saying they're going to increase the extra deck to 30... I can't see it going that high. But that would balance it out for 15 of each synchro and exceed. Because they can work well together actually.

Thirty seems a bit high:too many possible plays and options to get a duelist out of a multitude of bad situations.If they would go that route,expanding the capacity,they'd probably put the Extra Deck limit to twenty and allow only ten Synchros and ten Exceeds.

But I'm sure you realize it's all about the company making money. They want people to buy the new exceeds, so they could very well possibly plan to pretty much ruin synchros. I just can't see them continuing to make more along with exceeds. But either way, they won't be going anywhere for a long while. There will still be the odd good decks with synchros just like how Eheros are still good now with fusions.
Yes,heh,I realize that,to keep making money,they have to outdate current and past strategies and cards to force the player base into buying the new packs.Heck,I'm one of the players that Konami probably doesn't like since I usually don't buy any packs and trade or--rarely--directly buy the cards I want.And the two decks I run(Monarchs,Chaos) can hold their own against the newer sets without needing a ton of new cards.

I don't really even want Exceeds though, I'd be happy with Synchro forever. I just hope the Agents stay good xD they're my favorite.

I'm the same way,too.I'd rather not see the Synchros overthrown by Exceeds.
Agents will become much better when Hyperion is released here.Hyperion's effect and easy summoning requirement will put it near DaD in terms of power;however,with the possible Ignition Effect ruling,Hyperion,DaD,Chaos Sorcerer,and many others won't be able to call Priority on their effects. =/

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
Screw you, I was gonna do this :p
I don't know why I thought there may not be a thread yet... meh.
Watching EP1 raw now.

Crawley007

Exceeds are soo easy to get out though, that's what most people will like. Cards like Nimble Momonga and Giant Germ will be amazing. Any card that when destroyed summons up to 2 or three more of it.

Monarchs are always pretty good but Chaos and specifically Chaos plants are really really popular right now. I can't stand to spend money so I don't actually play really. But I play online with whatever newest wifi games are out. WC2011 will be out soon here, can't wait. I'll be able to use Agents then, even though they won't be out in actual card form for a while now.

Hyperion is the best card that's came in a structure deck so far I think except maybe Machina Fortress. But Agent of Miracles Jupiter is looking really amazing too. And works amazing with Hyperion. And then there's the whole Venus that can summon Shine Balls for synchro. I suppose those could work for exceed too but only for a crapy Rank 2.

The priority thing kind of sucks but I'm not complaining because even if I can't use my effects it helps me that my opponent can't either. Plus that's not a TCG rule yet and no news if it will be but I can't see why it wouldn't

uber gon

Accept Change
Why couldn't Yuma's sister be the main protagonist. At least if I think she's hot she's legal.

ForeverFlame

I like the OP. I hope whoever license rescues Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't replace it.

I like the cast a lot more than the 5D's and GX casts.

I like how bright and colorful the artstyle is. And the animation is a lot more fluid than the previous series.

The character designs are God-awful, the new summons are overly complicated and don't enhance the card game at all (the black cards look sweet though), and the plot is basically the plot of the first series altered slightly.

Crawley007

I like the OP. I hope whoever license rescues Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't replace it.

I like the cast a lot more than the 5D's and GX casts.

I like how bright and colorful the artstyle is. And the animation is a lot more fluid than the previous series.

The character designs are God-awful, the new summons are overly complicated and don't enhance the card game at all (the black cards look sweet though), and the plot is basically the plot of the first series altered slightly.

The new summon is COMPLICATED? It's a simpler form of Synchro...maybe not as good but ten times simpler. And you can't tell at all if they will affect the game or not this early. You don't know every Exceed that's ever going to be made.

ForeverFlame

The new summon is COMPLICATED? It's a simpler form of Synchro...maybe not as good but ten times simpler. And you can't tell at all if they will affect the game or not this early. You don't know every Exceed that's ever going to be made.

Let me rephrase: it makes the card game more complicated overall. There's just too much. It's nearly impossible for someone to jump right into the game at this point with all of the "fusion ritual union spirit gemini synchro tuner exceed" mumbo jumbo. You have to already have been a Yu-Gi-Oh fan to really enjoy this.

And I don't know if it's going to affect the game later on, but I do know how unnecessary it is right now. If Exceed was something totally new, then it would be fine, but it's not. It's just Synchro Lite, so it's pointless.

Crawley007

Oh yeah, but they can't just keep the game the same forever. I hate people who actually want the game to stay forever unchanged, that's stupid. But I do agree Exceed just isn't different enough than Synchro. But I think they'll be better, as long as they bring out some good ones other than Vylon Disigma and Protector of the Founder Tyrus.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I watched the first episode and it seems that this is going to be less gimmicky compared to duels on motorcycles. Its very interesting because they have returned to regular dueling but they have made it now so duels are totally intergrated into the surroundings and when you put on the 'scouter' you see the world in this virtual land.

I won't watch anymore of this till its dubbed as i don't watch in japanese but I might watch it when it is finally released as a dub.

It may not be dubbed. 4Kids lost the rights.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Thirty seems a bit high:too many possible plays and options to get a duelist out of a multitude of bad situations.If they would go that route,expanding the capacity,they'd probably put the Extra Deck limit to twenty and allow only ten Synchros and ten Exceeds.

im sorry to point this out, but does this mean that you can't have fusions in your extra deck? i think thirty would be reasonable, 10 fusions, 10 synchros, and 10 Exceeds. everything else i completely agree with, but i just had to say something about the extra deck thing.

as for ZeXaL, i can hardly tell that there playing card games in space, and i really like it. im only gonna see the japanese subbed, because i know 4kids is going to kill the series like they killed 5D's and GX.

EDIT: never mind, i guess Cartoonnetwork would dub ZeXaL if 4kids lost the rights to Yugioh. CartoonNetwork Dubs Black and White, so this might be a good turnout. now, if only they can dub dinosaur king too....

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
im sorry to point this out, but does this mean that you can't have fusions in your extra deck? i think thirty would be reasonable, 10 fusions, 10 synchros, and 10 Exceeds. everything else i completely agree with, but i just had to say something about the extra deck thing.

as for ZeXaL, i can hardly tell that there playing card games in space, and i really like it. im only gonna see the japanese subbed, because i know 4kids is going to kill the series like they killed 5D's and GX.

EDIT: never mind, i guess Cartoonnetwork would dub ZeXaL if 4kids lost the rights to Yugioh. CartoonNetwork Dubs Black and White, so this might be a good turnout. now, if only they can dub dinosaur king too....

CN doesn't dub Pokemon. TPCI does.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
elaborate... mostly because the term TPCI confuses me.

The Pokemon Company International. They deal with the series outside of Japan.

Crawley007

At this point, I'm watching it just for Emperor Hope. Quite possibly my favorite card of all time, it looks so awesome. And I wanna see if Yuma wins the duel the same way as in the manga. That combo was awesome.