1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by SmartD, Apr 10, 2011.

1. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Well-Known Member

We saw Astral take it, so it is assumed he can now use it. As for said episode, I think it would be the special in WJ, an image linked here

[​IMG]

I don't know when the others will be out, but in said special Hope is destroyed ...

2. Crawley007

Crawley007 Well-Known Member

So does that mean he's going to be able to use all 99 of these number monsters because Astral will take them all ? :/ Or is it a one time thing, Astral taking the card. I read about Hope being destroyed too, isn't that when Astral starts to disappear or something when it's destroyed? I don't think it will be destroyed permenately though, it is Yuma's main monster (I think..)

3. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa/Oleana stan account ✨

I'm probably not watching this series. Looks like a huge turn-off.

Then again, I said that about 5Ds too. And I liked it.

4. Tepig 5000

Tepig 5000 Darkness Filled Me

wait is this the one after 5d's cause i have not heard anything can someone give me a web page oh and GX has the best story all the pokemon there are awesome i have a professer banner deck

5. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

yes :)

what does Pokemon have to do with this thread

....which is impossible, as he's playing an Alchemy Deck composed of anime-only cards.

Unless you print them out.

6. minumranger

minumranger Tour Guide <3

I'm really getting into ZeXal. the writers have done an amazing job so far with it. Alot better than I thought it would be.

7. Lunanight

Lunanight Well-Known Member

I think I am gonna like ZeXal.
    I am most interested in how they will deal with Astral and/or Shark since they seem like good characters.
    If I am right, Shark will not travel around with Yuma but will have a similar goal in defeating the main antagonists. In simple words, like what Kaiba was in the original series, an Anti-Hero.

Again, comparing to the original series:
    Here is how I think the characters will be similar to each other based on the characters shown already

Yuma = Yugi
    Astral = Yami Yugi
    Shark = Kaiba
    Tetsuo = Joey
    Kotori = Tea
    Akari = Mai

Also, Astral's memory is lost and need to get it back.
    I swear that sounds familiar, oh wait: It is since that happened with Yugi and Yami Yugi

8. Tamaneko

Tamaneko Active Member

^ this was what I noticed as well with the parallelism!

9. Chill92

Chill92 Well-Known Member

Just watched the first three episodes. I think this series has promise, so I will keep watching it. I noticed something in the third episode that they are back to set monster cards, something 5ds never did

10. ViperQueen

ViperQueen RAWR!!!

How is this season? I am almost finish with 5d's but not sure whether I should watch this
    *I also plan to watch the vanguard cardfight show as well

11. Chill92

Chill92 Well-Known Member

Well Yuma and Astral are giving me the Yugi/Atem relationship vibe from season 1. Reminds me of GX too a little since the main characters are kids. Just as synchro monsters were the new common monster cards in 5ds, Zexal will probably focus a lot on the new Exceed cards. So it's a little mix of everything.
    But damn 99 numbers cards for Astral to find, didn't they go over the top? Seems like this season will be hell of long

12. Lunanight

Lunanight Well-Known Member

Assuming they find 1 numbers card every 2 episodes then it may have 198 episodes but that is a mere guess.

Or, assuming some opponent's have 2 or more numbers cards in their deck, then it will have less episodes

Why do I have the feeling they are going to place a chekhov's gunman right at the start of the show like around episodes 10-20 who turns out to be the main antagonist of the whole show.

Definition of Chekhov's gunman for those who are unsure = Chekhov's Gunman Definition

13. Shine

I believe this will happen sooner or later.

14. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Clearly the people in this series would freak out over the idea of the Y2K virus if episode 3 is any indication.

15. Shine

finally the people who just don't believe Yuma use Revise will shut up about it.

Yuma summons Revise against Professor Ukyo.

So now it's likely that Yuma will use Tera Byte in the future.

16. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

Check this out:
    http://shriektcg.twoday.net/stories/18097923/#comments

Either Konami made an error, or someone else is dubbing it. Either way, this is interesting.

17. ~Upsidedown 403~

~Upsidedown 403~ Well-Known Member

What ever happened to Yugioh 5D's? I haven't watched the series since Yugi was the main character...Well, I have seen the GX series with Jayden...so...

18. Miar

Miar I got one right!

^ 5D's ended. Don't know if they'll ever finish the dub (which I don't watch)

As much as I'd like to get into Zexal like I did 5D's, I just can't seem to. It's so goofy compared. It has only 2 true main characters (Yuma and Astral are the only ones who can get the Numbers), and the sheer number of those cards already states how long this is going to be.
    On the other hand, the animation and Numbers cards look excellent. And if it's like GX as I predict, it will get darker and better. I'll keep watching. Maybe I'll get into it with time.

19. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Well-Known Member

Shriek isn't an official source ... but Zexal is on its way to being dubbed, or at least in the first stages of being licensed. ADK and NAS are showing it off in Las Vegas in June at a licensing show. It should be on the news as ANN.