• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Yu-Hakusho

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know new episodes of Yu-Yu-Hakusho are on Saturday mornings at 4:30 A.M. (At least in my time zone.) so I decided that it's time for a topic to talk about it's return. I was kinda shocked because CN didn't advertise it, at least I didn't see any advertisements, but non the less this is awesome. What are your thoughts about this or what are your thoughts about Yu-Yu-Hakusho in general?

Kazuki Mirai

One of the best anime out there, I can see that it has much of DBZ thing except with the power ups that makes DBZ characters sounded like they're trying to go. >> In fact, it was one of the beautiful anime, I always remember by its opening theme, I was angry when CN took it off of Toonami. I don't know why they show anime very late that they don't even advertise.

they didnt advertise .hack//Twilight bracelet, but thats on early in the morning. the point is, im already the kind of sleep depervation, i'll buy the Un-cut dvd box set, its easer than staying up late. beside i realy wanna see [SPOIL] when its reveled Yuske's a half-demon[/SPOIL]

WanderingRhythmicalPhoenix said:
they didnt advertise .hack//Twilight bracelet, but thats on early in the morning. the point is, im already the kind of sleep depervation, i'll buy the Un-cut dvd box set, its easer than staying up late. beside i realy wanna see [spoil] when its reveled Yuske's a half-demon[/spoil]
Well I just thought it was appropiate to make a Yu-Yu-Hakusho topic since it came back on CN.

I think they should put it back on Toonami. theyll probly keep the opening theam, cause theyve been doing a good job , keeping 'DBZ uncut''ZatchBell' and 'Naruto' s theams . It just stinks the story was getting good when they took it off

whit19

Fire boy
Yeah I watch it all the time when it comes on at 5:30am here every saturday mornin.

It's stupid how they play it so damn early and yet it's not even uncut. I can't wait for next week's episode!

I laughed at Sensei's comment when Hiei blasted him with the dragon of the darkness flame.

Hiei: I got your one way ticket to demon world right here!
Sensei *Instead of gettin hurt he is pushed backwards and into the demon portal*: Hmm... Not a bad way to travel...

LMAO!

I think they should put it back on Toonami. theyll probly keep the opening theam, cause theyve been doing a good job , keeping 'DBZ uncut''ZatchBell' and 'Naruto' s theams . It just stinks the story was getting good when they took it off
Yeah the theme song for Yu-Yu-Hakusho kicks a-s IMO. I can listen to it all day and never get tired of it. I really hated it when Toonami stopped showing new episodes of Yu-Yu-Hakusho right before Sensei was going to kill Yusuke because I really wanted to see it.

They did stop it at a realy bad place. Its like with RK they never finished it

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Though it was good that they didn't since the episodes after the shishio deal sucked. Just a bunch of fillers with no real story. @x; Goddamn they are showing YYH too early. I guess I'm have to set my alarm clock to wake me up.

Mimori Kiryu

I've see the end already. [spoil]Very cute, IMO....It's good that Yusuke will be with Keiko for awhile. It's about damn time they kissed. Geez. --;[/spoil] I dunno, I might timer record it and watch in the afternoons after school's over. Then, again...I could borrow the DVD's from my Yu-Yu obsessed friend..

Anyways...back on topic. I've always like Yu-Yu from a long time ago. They stopped in a really bad spot, just like Rurouni Kenshin. (I still want to see the end of that show, damn it...--; ) Some of the battles near the end are really kicka-s and are not to be missed by any fan...for sure.

HK

Radiance of Shadows

Stopping at the Kyoto arc was for the best. Rurouni Kenshin just went downhill afterwards with just a bunch of crap fillers in the anime. While it would be nice to see that on again, I wouldn't want to shift through anything after the ordeal with Shishio.

Anyway, if I feel like pulling an all-nighter, than I might be able to catch Yu Yu Hakusho. I don't have any money to get the uncut DVD's right now, so I'll just have to wait through this, then.

It is a shame that they didn't decide to put it back on Toonami, though. Left at a very suspenseful place like some already pointed out. For myself, remembering when it was on along with Ruroken, it was a good anime block, and bringing it back with the likes of Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Bo^7, and then going into A.S. would be something really good. Taking away Dub Piece for Yu Yu Hakusho would just own.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Lord Deoxys said:
As some of you know new episodes of Yu-Yu-Hakusho are on Saturday mornings at 4:30 A.M. (At least in my time zone.)

It comes on at 5:30am in the Eastern Time Zone.

I was kinda shocked because CN didn't advertise it

CN isn't going to spend the money to advertise a show that's pretty much dead to them. The only reason the show is even still on the air is to appease the hardcore fans.

YYH was taken off Toonami because it was getting bad ratings on the block, according to Bob Higgins (senior vice president of programming and production for Cartoon Network).

Hellkorn said:
Taking away Dub Piece for Yu Yu Hakusho would just own.

Unfortunately, that won't happen because dubbed One Piece, on Toonami, gets better ratings than Yu Yu Hakusho did.

Unfortunately, that won't happen because dubbed One Piece, on Toonami, gets better ratings than Yu Yu Hakusho did.
now THATS messed up
Yu-Yu>One Peice by far

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Dogasu said:

... That's just sad. I'm really at a lost as to how the hell the horror that is Dub Piece can do better than Yu Yu Hakusho in ratings. Al Kahn must be f*cking giddy with knowing that Toonami has actually managed to help out his little imitation of One Piece.

Yu-Yu>One Peice by far

Dub-wise, hell yeah. For the original work, though? ... Meh, too tough to call. This ain't a One Piece versus Yu Yu Hakusho thread, though, so I'll stop there.

whit19 said:
^ So true! How can one piece be gettin betta ratings than YYH?!
Because people are retarded like that.

I wonder if CN will air new episodes until the last episode is shown? Meh, CN is pretty crazy at what they choose to air so no one really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.