• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Yu-Hakusho

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deoxys & Jirachi

Yu Yu hakusho is one of my favorite shows. I always watched it on toonami when it was on but too bad they cancelled it.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
My gosh, I didn't know they were showing new ones. I missed the last 2 or 3 episodes before it got taken off, so I thought it was over when I'd stopped...

*Is glad he has a DVD recorder... can set it to record the episodes while he sleeps.*

Does the first new episode re-air anytime?

core unit

Wow, they really need to advertise these kind of things. It was also getting interesting before they took it off.

S

Summer Wolf

Been a while since I watched Yu-yu Hakusho. Been too long... I don't remember the series ^^;; And that's REALLY early to air such a kick butt show, but oh well.

Does anyone know which series they're airing? (Tuguro [Err... Demon tournament?], the Four demon one, the... first one [those 3 items the Yusuke had to find and when Yusuke becomes a spirit detective], or the... last one, i think... With that err guy trying to open up the portal to the demon world that was human and a spirit detective like Yusuke) I'm too lazy to list them in order ^^;;;

I might have to watch the old DVDs I have to remember how to spell Toguro/Tugoru... however you spell it.

whit19

Fire boy
We're in the Black chapter still. (Right where we left off last year.)

Spoilers

[SPOIL]Yusuke was just killed by Sensei [/SPOIL]

Hiei, Kurama, and Kawabara are fightin Sensei in Demon world and gettin their asses kicked real bad.

Brock Harrison

Zephyr Trainer
Just to mention, Kuwabara is THE man.

Well, due to a lack of advertising and other means to remind myself, I already missed the past two episodes that aired on Saturdays. It's rather frustrating, but there's a chance I'll pick up the Chapter Black saga DVD set since it seems to be worth it. Yu Yu Hakusho has always impressed me with the character development and storyline. It's one series that's worthy to be noted as one of my favorites.

L

Lord Lonic

Brock Harrison said:
Just to mention, Kuwabara is THE man.

Too bad his english voice actor sucks balls.

Dogasu said:
YYH was taken off Toonami because it was getting bad ratings on the block, according to Bob Higgins (senior vice president of programming and production for Cartoon Network).

That is something I don't quite understand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it get fairly good ratings in it's first airing on Toonami? If it did, how in the hell did it loose it's audience?

Either way, I think it's pretty dumb to air it edited at a 4:30/5:30 time slot. I know it's technicly against there policies to air anything TV-14 rated on CN, but havn't they already broken there policies by planning to air 4 live-action movies (which are Who Framed Roger Rabbit, (which is mixture of cartoon and live-action, so I guess it's okay) Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Small Soldiers (which is a PG-13 rated movie, so they are breaking there policies anyway) and The Goonies)? Sometimes I just don't understand CN at all.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Lord Lonic said:
That is something I don't quite understand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it get fairly good ratings in it's first airing on Toonami? If it did, how in the hell did it loose it's audience?

It got decent ratings, but it was never a huge hit. The ratings declined when Toonami moved to its weekend slot.

Either way, I think it's pretty dumb to air it edited at a 4:30/5:30 time slot.

Hey, it could be worse. They could have just left these final episodes unaired.

I know it's technicly against there policies to air anything TV-14 rated on CN,

Where have you been? They've aired TV-MA shows in the past, and Adult Swim's upcoming The Boondocks is going to be TV-MA as well.

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
Dogasu said:
Where have you been? They've aired TV-MA shows in the past, and Adult Swim's upcoming The Boondocks is going to be TV-MA as well.
I think he means CN proper, and isn't counting Adult Swim...

Tenten

"Just kidding!"
Yu-Yu>One Peice by far
Hell yeah! But I'll stop here.
Well, due to a lack of advertising and other means to remind myself, I already missed the past two episodes that aired on Saturdays. It's rather frustrating, but there's a chance I'll pick up the Chapter Black saga DVD set since it seems to be worth it. Yu Yu Hakusho has always impressed me with the character development and storyline. It's one series that's worthy to be noted as one of my favorites.
Exactly why I love Yu Yu Hakusho as well. I missed the first one, but I got to see the second one. I don't care if I'm depriving myself of sleep; hell no WAY am I missing Yu Yu Hakusho! Though I am in a good advantage; I can always see YYH since my family goes anywhere @ 5:30 am in the morning.

The only episode I saw so far after the return of Yu Yu Hakusho (2nd saturday after its return):
[SPOIL]Sensui killed Yusuke. Now Hiei, Kuwabara, and Kurama (who took on the physical appearance of Youko *squeals like a fangirl*) are now fighting Sensui for revenge. Meanwhile, King Enma sends out a group of people (I think it's the Makai Defense Squad or something like that...) to protect the barrier between Human World and Demon World.[/SPOIL]

M

Mewbaby_Mew2

Have you seen Yu Yu Hakusho: Potergiest Report? Veronica Taylor plays Botan and Eric Stewart plays Koenma. Sad the seires was canceled though... I thought it was funny... "Hate fish what a stupid name!"

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Mewbaby_Mew2 said:
Have you seen Yu Yu Hakusho: Potergiest Report? Veronica Taylor plays Botan and Eric Stewart plays Koenma.

That was one of the movies (or was it a TV Special?) that was dubbed long before FUNimation picked up the rights to the TV series. I haven't seen the old dub myself (I got the subbed VHS of the movie I got, which I think was about Koenma getting kidnapped by some demon); did Veronica Taylor use her Delila Ketchum voice for Botan?

Rudoku

Your mom
Dogasu said:
That was one of the movies (or was it a TV Special?) that was dubbed long before FUNimation picked up the rights to the TV series. I haven't seen the old dub myself (I got the subbed VHS of the movie I got, which I think was about Koenma getting kidnapped by some demon); did Veronica Taylor use her Delila Ketchum voice for Botan?
It was the Demon version of Reikai. The dub was weird as hell since they called Kuwabara, "Kuwahara". If you have Comcast Digital cable, they show it all the damn time.

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
Lord Deoxys said:
I've got a random question: [spoil]What's the deal with Raizen? How is he related to Yusuke?[/spoil]

[SPOIL]I'm not quite sure if he's Yusuke's actual dad or Yusuke's ancestor from a long time ago... I've heard both. =/[/SPOIL]

cold_katanagirl said:
[spoil]I'm not quite sure if he's Yusuke's actual dad or Yusuke's ancestor from a long time ago... I've heard both. =/[/spoil]
[SPOIL]I heard he was Yusuke's grandfather but I think that was more of a theory than a fact.[/SPOIL]

L

Lord Lonic

Dogasu said:
Ralts Master said:
I think he means CN proper, and isn't counting Adult Swim...

What Ralts Master said.

Also, just out of curiousity, how well were the ratings for Yu Yu on Adult Swim? I heared some people say that it got good ratings, but was taken off anyway because it was more of a kid appealing show.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Lord Lonic said:
Also, just out of curiousity, how well were the ratings for Yu Yu on Adult Swim? I heared some people say that it got good ratings, but was taken off anyway because it was more of a kid appealing show.

The show got good ratings on AS, but they got them in the wrong demographics - 6-11 year olds instead of 18-34 year olds. That, combined with the fact that FUNimation advertised the fact that a show on Adult Swim was getting great kids' ratings, led to the show being moved to Toonami.

I actually managed to catch this morning's episode (oddly enough, I woke up *right* at 5:30 without an alarm clock. While I had missed pretty much every episode that's premiered since Toonami moved to Saturday nights, the episode was still pretty easy to follow. Learning about Yusuke's ancestory was interesting, and seeing Puu again was great.

L

Lord Lonic

Heh, little bastards. Kids seriously need to make up there mind sometimes on wether they like something or hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.