• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Adults

KingBravest

Ok so I read that in Japan Manga is acceptable for everyone to read they even have Manga about how to survive at the office, but Anime is typically more for Kids and even frowned upon unless it was created by a very famous artist and can then be seen as Art. Ok so my question is How is Yugioh viewed in Japan,like whats the acceptable age range there to play the TCG?

I know in Japan the clothing of the cards are more riske there is cursing and blood and wasn't originally intended for children though it was censored so much in America its seems no one over 13 should play it. With Yugioh Zexal from what I can tell it seems Japan censored themselves this time now its just for kids everywhere, Please tell me Its not

Also please dont reply based on guesses, you either Know or you Dont, not to be rude but if you thought All Anime was acceptable for Adults in Japan till now you probably cant help me...

Dark Exxod

Porsche Novice
I don't know about Japan. I play the game but hate the actual show.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I live by a diction that basically state's that it doesn't matter what you do no matter how old you are, we can all act like responsible adult's so they're should be no reason as to why we limitate ourselves by age.

All Anime was acceptable for Adults in Japan till now

I think thats bs, anyone can watch and read anime and manga, no exceptions, who cares. I bet you they're people in they're 50's or 60's who have been supporting jump these past 40+ years and still buy a jump, why should they quit buying something that they love to read?

Ok I read that in Japan kids aren't allowed to play yugioh till 16.. is this true?

It's a rating on the box, like if you check for pokemon cards they put an age limit but a majority of tournament player's for the tcg are teens to adult's, so this doesn't matter.

Stop limitating yourselves.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Ok I read that in Japan kids aren't allowed to play yugioh till 16.. is this true?

not true, considering there are tournaments for elementary school kids

SkyKing

New Beginnings

I highly doubt thats true.

Anime wise it sounds like your talking about Yugioh Season 0 which was the darkest/violent in the series but was released in America, besides that people like 4kids and some parents will put to much thought in a simple game/t.v. show and call it something it's not.