• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
if cyberstien was unbanned hell yes it would be played cuaz they still make new fusion monsters here and there not much so it bound to find something else to make it broken again >.< that what worlds does XD

LizardonX

Banned
Despite cyber stein not being close to broken in this metagame, 2 card OTKs are generally frowned upon when the process is as easy as *play hidden armory and grab megamorph, summon stein, pay 5k, equip, win*

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yeah, think much about it and Cyber-Stein is still powerful even in today's era, even if it's no longer that broken.

It's not like it's Tsukuyomi. I knew people feared what might happen if Tsukuyomi returns, but it turns out it didn't make any impact at all. Now that I think about it, same thing might not going to happen with Stein.

Regarding the steep LP cost, I wonder, what if there are GOOD direct attackers in this game.....maybe then people would start thinking more about paying LP as cost.

Something like....a 2000 ATK direct attacker that OPT cannot be destroyed by card effect, and you can control only one. With WIND attribute because Konami hates WIND.

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
Well...as much as I'd like to see Stein come off and the interesting combos it would make, I'd rather see Royal Oppression come back. It would slow down the format to a grinding halt, making a lot more decks become playable.

Crawley007

Well...as much as I'd like to see Stein come off and the interesting combos it would make, I'd rather see Royal Oppression come back. It would slow down the format to a grinding halt, making a lot more decks become playable.

As much as I can't see it coming back, I too would like to see Royal Oppression back to 1. I don't think it'd be that bad.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Despite cyber stein not being close to broken in this metagame, 2 card OTKs are generally frowned upon when the process is as easy as *play hidden armory and grab megamorph, summon stein, pay 5k, equip, win*

Come September we'll have a similar thing with Where Arf Thou, Azure-Eyed Maiden and Emergancy Teleport.

Royal Oppression = Summon Dragossack, then flip Oppression. So no.

Last edited:

Crawley007

Interesting, Kevin Tewart said no matter how broken a card is, it is going to come off the list at least once. Might be put right back on but for a format at least they will all come off. On a side note however, most players don't believe sh*t Kevin Tewart says lol

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

if this means people would start using Poisonous Wind, then I'm actually okay with it

Interesting, Kevin Tewart said no matter how broken a card is, it is going to come off the list at least once. Might be put right back on but for a format at least they will all come off.

A possible reason is that they need to test the cards in today's meta. It is pointless to keep a card in the banlist if said card is actually useless in today's meta.

Would be hilarious (at least to me) if the Tsukuyomi thing happens again - a powerful card gets unbanned, people screamed in fear, turns out said card makes no impact.

Assuming it is true, I wonder if this means Sixth Sense would finally gets a TCG print, if it ever comes back for a format. At least on paper, Sixth Sense is not that good, it's a Normal Trap (which means it's kinda slow, not to mention too many backrow hate nowadays, unlike back then when Sixth Sense was first released) and it relies on luck (even if you draw 2 or 3, the cards you just drawn might be still useless to your current situation, and it is possible at least one of the cards milled to your Graveyard is a card that you do NOT want to enter the Graveyard before you can use it, important S/T for example).

Speaking of Sixth Sense, I wouldn't mind seeing a Pokemon/Vanguard TCG counterpart of it :p

On a side note however, most players don't believe sh*t Kevin Tewart says lol

Also agree with this XD

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
today i went to gamers and geeks, and i found windrose, grandsoil, and hieratic seal of the ashes. i only got ashes and a couple genex controllers.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Would be hilarious (at least to me) if the Tsukuyomi thing happens again - a powerful card gets unbanned, people screamed in fear, turns out said card makes no impact.

Assuming it is true, I wonder if this means Sixth Sense would finally gets a TCG print, if it ever comes back for a format. At least on paper, Sixth Sense is not that good, it's a Normal Trap (which means it's kinda slow, not to mention too many backrow hate nowadays, unlike back then when Sixth Sense was first released) and it relies on luck (even if you draw 2 or 3, the cards you just drawn might be still useless to your current situation, and it is possible at least one of the cards milled to your Graveyard is a card that you do NOT want to enter the Graveyard before you can use it, important S/T for example).

Speaking of Sixth Sense, I wouldn't mind seeing a Pokemon/Vanguard TCG counterpart of it :p

I wouldn't advocate a return of Sixth Sense but Chaos Dragons and Lightsworns, while not being great, could both do with a card which load their graveyards or let them draw 6.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yeah, I know someone who wants to buy the manga (even the Japanese one) just to get the promo card that's bundled with it.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yeah, I know someone who wants to buy the manga (even the Japanese one) just to get the promo card that's bundled with it.

yeah my boyfriend does that too he bought two of them just for two cards cornship and that dragon xyz...i forgot the name of it...most people do that now these days >.<

I Hermosa Caldera, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

... i like yugioh.

if you don't mind me asking... what's so broken about that?

Crawley007

I Hermosa Caldera, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

... i like yugioh.

if you don't mind me asking... what's so broken about that?

It's not that broken to be honest. It is a good play but there would be more prudent things to worry about than that if Oppression came back.

SmartD

I watched "Sphere of Fear: Part 1" today. The dub's finally in the good part of the anime. After this, there's Yuma, Shark and Kite vs Dr. Faker, Yuma vs. Kite, and the Barian episodes. I hope they dub the Barian episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.