• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
i dont watch zexal at all, cause i dont care. i was never in a format where stein was allowed, and 5000 is very steep(almost as steep as another card charging 4000 lp to send one monster to the grave srsly? my dakflare can do that much easier) except stein actually does something, a free fgd for 5000? id take it.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
So why was there all that talk about Stein?? Was it bundled with a manga volume or something?? and I really only got Yugioh R manga for the cards. A Gorz came with one of them so I think it was worth it, but I actually read them a few months ago and enjoyed them.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
I Hermosa Caldera, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

... i like yugioh.

if you don't mind me asking... what's so broken about that?

Okay, so you're staring down a Rank 7 beater who is indestructible for up to four times and/or can destroy one of your cards once per turn. Unless you compulse it you're not going to really be able to do much - you can't special summon, and unless you're playing Monarchs where you can tribute something off for Raiza or Caius.

Royal Oppression can do that, if you don't have MST or Heavy Storm, you're going to lose.

Also if you want, try having LaDD on the field also, which is quite possible for Dragons.

you probably have some cards side decked (and you ought to main compulse) for dracossack. he really isn't that big of an issue imo

also, dragon rulers tend to play vanity's fiend.

LADD, sack and opression on the other hand, as you said, is far more problematic. that's just not fun. however, that's a two turn combo at best because you have to activate opression before LADD hits the field and during your own next turn after you summon the tokens because your opponent can and will negate the tokens. so to be fair, you have a little bit of wiggle space.

but yeah, despite everything i've said, i actually agree, it's way too strong, i hate Royal Opression with a passion and it needs to be on the list forever. lol

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
nothing to see in there. how unfortunate. im looking forward to shadow specters because of number 46t ethereal dragon druggalong. it gives hieratics some nice support(why did konami not make more? the world may never know.)

Crawley007

Shadows Specters is looking good. Giving Monarchs, Vampire, Spirit Monsters, and Gemini Monsters more support.

The Monarch stuff is amaaaazing so far but not broken, the Vampire stuff is good and Spirits now have an infinitely reusable Stratos.

Always loved Spirits. If they get even more good stuff may have to try them out.

Last edited:

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
all i care about is that dragon. too bad its an ultra.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't think Monarchs needed much support given their already good effects and stats. Then again, I haven't played them for ages so maybe using them has gotten difficult in recent years? And I'm surprised that there's Spirit support in the new set, but bothered that we still don't have an Amaterasu-based card. Also, I didn't know Vampires were an archetype now. I may play them since I've always had a soft spot for vampires. Anyway, this Shadow Specters set may be worth buying so I'll try and keep up with the latest info.

Crawley007

I didn't think Monarchs needed much support given their already good effects and stats. Then again, I haven't played them for ages so maybe using them has gotten difficult in recent years? And I'm surprised that there's Spirit support in the new set, but bothered that we still don't have an Amaterasu-based card. Also, I didn't know Vampires were an archetype now. I may play them since I've always had a soft spot for vampires. Anyway, this Shadow Specters set may be worth buying so I'll try and keep up with the latest info.

All the old archetypes need all the help they can get. Unfortunately yugioh isn't what it once was, before Synchros and Xyz. It was much better back then imo, not that I have anything against Synchros or Xyz. More against the power creep than anything.

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman

As a Monarch player, they need skill to play, from building to play, it's not always the easiest deck to play, but they still have their weaknesses, I can see the new stuff working in more of a old fashion monarch or a Macro Monarch deck. Frognarchs, which is in my opinion, the most stable monarch version won't be able to benefit mainly though.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
not sure if this was shared but thought i share this guys

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/2013_Collectors_Tins

anyway i went to target today and funny thing they some return of the duelist packs...i bought like maybe 4 packs i pulled a high priestess of prophecy XD hell yeah!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So why was there all that talk about Stein?? Was it bundled with a manga volume or something??

There were 2 Stein being talked about last page, Zombiestein and Cyber-Stein.

The one that's a magazine promo is Zombiestein.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Wow, how did I miss this......
I haven't collected the cards since the beginning of Zexal.

I Yveltal96, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic, and will be the most amazing duelist I can be :p

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Wow, how did I miss this......
I haven't collected the cards since the beginning of Zexal.

I Yveltal96, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic, and will be the most amazing duelist I can be :p

welcome and yo should really yve cuaz the new xyz monsters are cool XD some really good cards like draco sack and big eye are out now ;)

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
welcome on board, friend

btw eevee, love the new sig, and thanks for the tin spoilers. BLS Envoy, here i come!

Yveltal96

A little more human
welcome and yo should really yve cuaz the new xyz monsters are cool XD some really good cards like draco sack and big eye are out now ;)

haha yeah XD here is the extent of my XYZ monsters:
-Number 39: Utopia
-Melomelody The Brass Djinn
-Temtempo The Percussion Djinn
-Muzurhythm The String Djinn
-Maestroke The Symphony Djinn
-Shadow Of The Six Samurai-Shien

and here are my synchros:
-Stardust Dragon
-Red Dragon Archfiend
-Ancient Fairy Dragon
-Black Rose Dragon
-X-Saber Urbellum
-Road Warrior
-Junk Warrior
-Drill Warrior
-Nitro Warrior
-Turbo Warrior (my all time favorite)
-Road Warrior
-Goyo Guardian
-Gaia Knight, The Force Of Earth
-Colossal Fighter
-Avenging Knight Parshath

I also have a deck based around Evil Dragon Ananta and another based around Dragunity

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i have 39 xyz, including numbers 40, 32, C32, 105, C105, and Neo Galaxy Eyes.

I also have Synchros, but not as many as my xyz

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As a Monarch player, they need skill to play, from building to play, it's not always the easiest deck to play, but they still have their weaknesses, I can see the new stuff working in more of a old fashion monarch or a Macro Monarch deck. Frognarchs, which is in my opinion, the most stable monarch version won't be able to benefit mainly though.

Ah I see. Point taken.

haha yeah XD here is the extent of my XYZ monsters:
-Number 39: Utopia
-Melomelody The Brass Djinn
-Temtempo The Percussion Djinn
-Muzurhythm The String Djinn
-Maestroke The Symphony Djinn
-Shadow Of The Six Samurai-Shien

and here are my synchros:
-Stardust Dragon
-Red Dragon Archfiend
-Ancient Fairy Dragon
-Black Rose Dragon
-X-Saber Urbellum
-Road Warrior
-Junk Warrior
-Drill Warrior
-Nitro Warrior
-Turbo Warrior (my all time favorite)
-Road Warrior
-Goyo Guardian
-Gaia Knight, The Force Of Earth
-Colossal Fighter
-Avenging Knight Parshath

It's funny because that list is pretty similar to my own list of Xyz and Synchro monsters. I'm working on getting more of the former though since I'd really like to get caught up on recent trends and stuff. I don't particularly care for the mechanic, but I don't want to feel excluded either so I may as well go with it lol. I'm giving the Zexal anime another chance as well, although I left off at around the tenth episode, so I have a lot of catching up to do and very little time to actually watch all the episodes I've missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.