• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
i personally think fire kings will be quite the force.

i appreciate seeing duality back at 3 and i think it'll be a decent format. (if everyone/trishula plays nice)

good stuff. good stuff.

LizardonX

Banned
No Evilswarm hit, but to be fair there was never anything really broken about Evilswarm.
Undisputed top dog could still be Bujin.

I can see them as a strong anti meta deck but fire fists and mermails and dark world post list could still beat them.

Last edited:

Nightmareisalive

I can see them as a strong anti meta deck but fire fists and mermails and dark world post list could still beat them.

Evilswarm can do well against a lot of top decks but they can still be easily beat by one. All it takes is someone to take in consideration of them and any advantage they have would be gone.

Interesting if Judgment gets banned. It doesn't really effect my prophecy deck since I only run it on pro and even then it's limited to one and I hardly use it. It will stop the high priestess build but that just means prophecy's will just have to change their strategy a little. If reasoning goes back to three I'm ore than happy. It works well in my deck.

LizardonX

Banned
Evilswarm can do well against a lot of top decks but they can still be easily beat by one. All it takes is someone to take in consideration of them and any advantage they have would be gone.

Interesting if Judgment gets banned. It doesn't really effect my prophecy deck since I only run it on pro and even then it's limited to one and I hardly use it. It will stop the high priestess build but that just means prophecy's will just have to change their strategy a little. If reasoning goes back to three I'm ore than happy. It works well in my deck.

I was talking about Bujins. A 3600 attacker who can't be targeted backed up with vanity's emptiness can usually spell doom for most decks. Now that judgment is banned using fate to wipe the floor with them becomes a lot harder.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I am surprised dark worlds still have not been hit.

Nightmareisalive

I was talking about Bujins. A 3600 attacker who can't be targeted backed up with vanity's emptiness can usually spell doom for most decks. Now that judgment is banned using fate to wipe the floor with them becomes a lot harder.

Ah right sorry about that. Bujins look powerful enough and with their effects they can deal with most cards they go against. They are good against meta game decks but if the opponent stops you from using the graveyard Bujins power becomes much less effective. Good to see that they are at least putting in some weaknesses that can be exploited into new archetypes.

Dark worlds don't get hit because they haven't had any help recently and they don't win big tournaments as constantly as other archetypes do. An annoying archetype to go against but not the most dangerous.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The new List doesn't really affect me since I don't play competitively, but I'm cackling at the fact that Dragon Rulers got hit. I mean I dislike that archetype with a passion so I'm glad something was done about it. Anyway the new structure deck is giving me Dragon-type or Machine-type vibes. Maybe even a fusion of both. I'm not really here for it if that's the case but I'll wait and see what happens.

LizardonX

Banned
Dark worlds don't get hit because they haven't had any help recently and they don't win big tournaments as constantly as other archetypes do. An annoying archetype to go against but not the most dangerous.

Dark worlds are the new lightsworn. A luck based deck that can snatch games in a blink of an eye but fails if they draw badly or if the opponent sides cards like eradicator and macro cosmos. Either way since they don't win enough best of 3s in a competitive setting the players and by extension Konami usually don't pay it too much attention come banlist time.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Next SD is also speculated to be Cyber Dragon-themed, which somewhat makes sense if you consider the last one is supposed to be a BEWD-themed one (though it isn't).

As for Evilswarm....IMO the only thing that's borderline broken about them is Ophion. Most Evilswarm players usually just sit on it for the entire Duel, so if you can find a way to stop it, the Evilswarm deck kinda crumbles since the player usually can't figure out quickly any other way to win.

As for the Sophia talk above there.....you only need to play oldschool Fusion-Ritual deck to summon it. Konami seems to be pushing for people to play both Xyz & Synchro, so all you have to do is let your opponent do half the work for you.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
WHAAAAAAAAT!? The BEWD DECK ISN'T BEING RELEASED!? *goes into a corner and sobs*

*Wiping a tear from eye* Sigh, at least CDragon is gonna get some love (maybe). :[

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
WHAAAAAAAAT!? The BEWD DECK ISN'T BEING RELEASED!? *goes into a corner and sobs*

no, that's not what I meant :p

The Azure-Eyes Structure Deck will be released for the TCG on this September.

What I'm talking about is the SD being promoted as "BEWD-themed", but in reality it isn't centered around BEWD at all, it's more of a Chaos Normal Dragon deck that leans more towards LIGHT instead of making a balanced mix of LIGHT and DARK. Basically, the SD is incredibly random, as if it is trying to point out that the real reason the SD even exist is just so that Konami can have a pack for the new cards.

Heck you didn't even get more than 1 BEWD in the SD. A true BEWD-themed Deck should have carried 3 BEWD and focus on summoning them ASAP, even better if it also has Poly/Mirror and BEUD. Maybe the cover card can be a new version of BEUD that enables easier Summoning of BESD. But this SD.....it focuses on a monster that isn't even a "Blue-Eyes", and has only 1 BEWD. Yeah, right, it's totally "BEWD-themed" :rolleyes:

I'm suspecting the next SD will be the same, it will be promoted as being centered around Cyber Dragon, but in reality it is not.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Oh, thank god. You gave me a heart attack, Shine! *passes out* jk

But still, just make a deck based on a theam of it's own, and give it cards OF THAT THEAM! But, an insanely powerful BEWD+BEUD deck is bought by the thousands. Yeah. bad sales pitch. xD

Nightmareisalive

no, that's not what I meant :p

The Azure-Eyes Structure Deck will be released for the TCG on this September.

What I'm talking about is the SD being promoted as "BEWD-themed", but in reality it isn't centered around BEWD at all, it's more of a Chaos Normal Dragon deck that leans more towards LIGHT instead of making a balanced mix of LIGHT and DARK. Basically, the SD is incredibly random, as if it is trying to point out that the real reason the SD even exist is just so that Konami can have a pack for the new cards.

Heck you didn't even get more than 1 BEWD in the SD. A true BEWD-themed Deck should have carried 3 BEWD and focus on summoning them ASAP, even better if it also has Poly/Mirror and BEUD. Maybe the cover card can be a new version of BEUD that enables easier Summoning of BESD. But this SD.....it focuses on a monster that isn't even a "Blue-Eyes", and has only 1 BEWD. Yeah, right, it's totally "BEWD-themed" :rolleyes:

I'm suspecting the next SD will be the same, it will be promoted as being centered around Cyber Dragon, but in reality it is not.

But wait that would make sense! Getting all the cards you need for a good deck in one starter deck? that doesn't sound right for Konami logic. Not when they can make people buy three of the starter decks just so people can get a couple of cards from each one to make a good deck out of. No Konami likes money above logic.

It still nice BEWD at least now has better support and makes it much easier to use. Now that dragon rulers are hopefully going to get banned people will remeber who the real dragon champion is (I can dream).

SmartD

I keep reading that there will be 4 forbidden/limited lists a year. Where does it say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.