• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawley007

Oddly, you still have a small chance to win in tournament-level play even without Synchro or XYZ. I wouldn't have thought so until a guy topped using Watts with no Extra Deck at all.

Larry

Did a pretty big trade with my friend last week. I got myself the anniversary Jinzo, Red Eyes, and Celtic Guardian. It cost me quite a few cards including Armed Dragon lv 10 and an original Dark Magician.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
After 6 years of not playing I'm now getting back into it. Bought a new starter deck but thinking of building a warriors/dragon/xyz deck or a Hero/warriors/xyz deck. Still trying to think if it would flow nicely.

Crawley007

After 6 years of not playing I'm now getting back into it. Bought a new starter deck but thinking of building a warriors/dragon/xyz deck or a Hero/warriors/xyz deck. Still trying to think if it would flow nicely.

Best HERO/Warrior XYZ Deck out there:

3 Elemental HERO Bubbleman
1-2 Elemental HERO Neos Alius
1 Elemental HERO Stratos
1 Blackwing Zephyros The Elite

3 A HERO Lives
3 E-Emergency Call
1 Reinforcement Of The Army
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Night Beam
3 Miracle Fusion
2 Warrior Returning Alive
2 Pot Of Duality
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Future Fusion

3 Call Of The Haunted
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force

This Deck is wrecking in the OCG right now. Based on OTKing by bringing out Blade Armor Ninja (XYZ) and Heroic Champion Excalibur (XYZ).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Whoops, I completely forgot about this club thanks to many things, one of them being B/W 2.

Anyway......I kinda dislike No. 69 being basically a more powerful version of No. 8, making No. 8 rather obsolete, not to mention the number is 69, which is kinda "special", using it for yet another of Tron's Number (one that's simply a more powerful version too) kinda ruins it.

and what the hell, Zexal manga

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
haha 69 :p But anyway trying to go to the local card shop on Wednesday for there weekly YGO tournaments.

SmartD

Whoops, I completely forgot about this club thanks to many things, one of them being B/W 2.

Anyway......I kinda dislike No. 69 being basically a more powerful version of No. 8, making No. 8 rather obsolete, not to mention the number is 69, which is kinda "special", using it for yet another of Tron's Number kinda ruins it.

and what the hell, Zexal manga

It's a funny looking Number card. Wonder what it's effects could be.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Numbers are pretty much taking over the freaking series.

Synchros did the same thing around the time 5D's was starting to take off. This isn't really anything new, though at least this time, Synchros aren't being made obsolete by Xyz like Fusions were by Synchros.

AshSkittles

I AshSkittles, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

Hoping to build a good deck before school starts. Found out a group of people play the game. Should be fun. :)

Larry

Seeing as our card shop has been taken over by a bunch of kids that are ridiculously annoying and nerdy, my friends and I decided to build decks out of cards only used in the first season and duel with those now. I didn't mind getting laughed at for how I played a card game.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
haha 69 :p But anyway trying to go to the local card shop on Wednesday for there weekly YGO tournaments.

Shoulda been down here when the card shop here was open, there were tournaments everyday, 8 people per tournament, usually a couple of tournaments a day, and booster packs as a prize...me personally i could get any cards i wanted from the back room (dad owned the shop, so yeah) and it was fun, shut down now but jesus i loved it

and Larry, DuelingNetwork is the only place I duel now, no local shops anymore and no people to play with off of said DuelingNetwork

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Well, since everyone is talking about playing in card shops (at least some of the last posts are about it) I would like to say a sad thing: My local shop doesn 't maintain Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments anymore :( . Because at Saturdays, lots of Magic: The Gathering player go there too, and get all the spots for playing. So, we have to go at another place. While going to Bob's (I don 't know if it is international. But it is like Mc Donald's) to play was really funny, it is kinda sad. And, with less guys playing, less single-cards customers, so the cards prices get WAY too high. While I found a Dark World deck being sold by a reasonable price, most cards that go in Extra Deck, in example, cost over R$20 (R$2 is approximately US$1). And no one has Shura the Blue Flame :( . In the other hand, my new friends are funny, and it is nice to be with them, so I'm really going forward with Yu-Gi-Oh, and I'm looking forward to going to a National Championship someday. Maybe when I start working and stop having to get money from my parents XD

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
Well, since everyone is talking about playing in card shops (at least some of the last posts are about it) I would like to say a sad thing: My local shop doesn 't maintain Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments anymore :( . Because at Saturdays, lots of Magic: The Gathering player go there too, and get all the spots for playing. So, we have to go at another place. While going to Bob's (I don 't know if it is international. But it is like Mc Donald's) to play was really funny, it is kinda sad. And, with less guys playing, less single-cards customers, so the cards prices get WAY too high. While I found a Dark World deck being sold by a reasonable price, most cards that go in Extra Deck, in example, cost over R$20 (R$2 is approximately US$1). And no one has Shura the Blue Flame :( . In the other hand, my new friends are funny, and it is nice to be with them, so I'm really going forward with Yu-Gi-Oh, and I'm looking forward to going to a National Championship someday. Maybe when I start working and stop having to get money from my parents XD

MtG is still a very popular game, yugioh is (seemingly) dying out slowly, last nationals I went to was when I was 11, back in '08, nowadays if i still had the chance i'd do it and i'd probably scrape up a better placing than what i got in that nationals (out of 72 people i finished 42nd, top 32 got some kinda prize if i remember correct)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Eh, I wouldn't call yugioh as "dying out slowly", one of the recent YCS in this year has the largest amount of players compared to all the other official tournaments so far, I heard.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I didn 't say about dying. I said that Magic: The Gathering players are don 't let us play in my local shop. If Yu-Gi-Oh is dying out like fango pango said, I'm afriad to see the glory days

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
I didn 't say about dying. I said that Magic: The Gathering players are don 't let us play in my local shop. If Yu-Gi-Oh is dying out like fango pango said, I'm afriad to see the glory days

MtG as far as I know is the largest of the TCGs out there, Where i'm living hardly anyone plays Yugioh anymore, hence why I saaid it's dying..maybe it's gettin more popullar

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Now, this is Saturday, my go-to-the-local-card-store-day. First of all, I forgot my Yu-Gi-Oh deck and only went with my M:TG one :( (yes, I said I stopped. But I wanted to go further/spend more money). But now the nice part begins. We are starting to organize ourselves to restart the Yu-Gi-Oh Championships. Whilst we didn 't have entrys enough for starting (we needed 8, and even after I borrowed from a nice guy some Crystal Beasts and joined the guys, we were only in 6) we have way more players, and as such, I guess we will get back from the ashes, like Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys gets back to life after getting defeated by a some-what stronger foe. This makes me happy. Also, I bought more cards for my Blackwing deck :) . Dunno how I wanted to run Blackwings without Icarus Attack and expect to defeat a good D.D. deck. Either way, now I only need Stardust Dragon and some more things to go in Extra Deck, Shura, Black Whirlwind and Kalut (MAYBE. I prefer kicking out Synchros that aren't necessarily Blackwings)

Status
Not open for further replies.