• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegon

I don't quite understand the effects of Legendary Magician of Dark and Legendary Dragon of White. Their descriptions state that "f this card attacks your opponent directly and reduces their Life Points to 0, while it has an Xyz Material attached that was originally Spellcaster-Type/Dragon-Type, you win the Match." Won't you win regardless, since their Life Points have hit 0? I'm probably missing something simple, as I'm not completely clued in regarding changes over the past few years.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
It means in a best of 3 MATCH you'd win
In tournaments it is a good way to finish a match quick
It's like victory dragon but nerfed to an extent with it needing an xyz monster of a specific type on it too

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
I quit playing for good right before the Xyz monsters came out. Are they really that big of a deal?

They're terrible...not in a way they're underpowered, but most of their effects just piss me off

It's like synchros

Unless you have a deck specified to **** XYZ monsters

You're ****ed

Well...that's my opinion on it

Crawley007

I think you may be using XYZ monsters wrong...they are designed, unlike Synchros, to fit in ANY Deck. You're telling me in your Deck you have NO 2 monster of the same Level? It's that simple.
That's why they made them. Like on of the Deck I use, Gladiator Beasts, doesn't spam XYZ monsters but you still put them in the Extra Deck because you CAN use them.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They're terrible...not in a way they're underpowered, but most of their effects just piss me off

It's like synchros

Unless you have a deck specified to **** XYZ monsters

You're ****ed

Well...that's my opinion on it

I agree, which is why I don't use them often. Then again, I only have like 6 Xyz monsters, so maybe I just need to diversify my collection in order to appreciate them? I don't know. I just don't think they were that necessary. I was just getting the hang of Synchro monsters when Xyz monsters were introduced. It was annoying that almost everyone jumped off the Synchro ship because of the new cards.

And as for the new Magician and Dragon cards: I think they're incredibly reductive, but that was obviously done on purpose. Still, I don't think they're that great. :x

Ignored again. I can't.

Last edited:

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
I think you may be using XYZ monsters wrong...they are designed, unlike Synchros, to fit in ANY Deck. You're telling me in your Deck you have NO 2 monster of the same Level? It's that simple.
That's why they made them. Like on of the Deck I use, Gladiator Beasts, doesn't spam XYZ monsters but you still put them in the Extra Deck because you CAN use them.

I play a burndown deck, if I wanted to use XYZ monsters, I could use them, I don't because from the ones i've seen they would be useless in my deck, if there was one that was like cannon soldier I might use it, but as far as i'm aware there isn't.
So why bother wastin my 2 level 4s when both are doing fine dealing damage to the opponent?

I do see your point however, I just think they wouldn't fit in my deck.

Crawley007

I play a burndown deck, if I wanted to use XYZ monsters, I could use them, I don't because from the ones i've seen they would be useless in my deck, if there was one that was like cannon soldier I might use it, but as far as i'm aware there isn't.
So why bother wastin my 2 level 4s when both are doing fine dealing damage to the opponent?

I do see your point however, I just think they wouldn't fit in my deck.

I can think of quite a few with Burn effects if you have the right levels..

Grenosaurus inflicts 1000 Damage whenever it destroy something, Acid Golem is like Lava Golem but better if you Creature Swap it to your opponet. Thoe both need Lv.3s
Black Corn is amazing Burn, Need 2 Level 4s and Destroys 1 Monster and inflicts 1000 Damage once per turn but that's the only Rank 4 I can think of.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
I can think of quite a few with Burn effects if you have the right levels..

Grenosaurus inflicts 1000 Damage whenever it destroy something, Acid Golem is like Lava Golem but better if you Creature Swap it to your opponet. Thoe both need Lv.3s
Black Corn is amazing Burn, Need 2 Level 4s and Destroys 1 Monster and inflicts 1000 Damage once per turn but that's the only Rank 4 I can think of.

I was not aware of these cards, so I checked them out, and I could see them workin in my deck, and I might put them on my DN deck next time I log on
Thanks!

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I went to the sneak peek today and didn't have much luck.
I got a Spell book of secrets, which I traded.....and quickly regretted and an Illusory Snatcher which is currently M.I.A ( Its like every time I go to a sneak peek there is always one pile of cards that just disappears for about a week).
But it wasn't all bad luck I got some Chronomoly's (no Xyz's though :( ) a couple Dust Knights :)D)and after a series of trades I got about 10 more gem-knight cards!

SmartD

I watched episode 25 of Zexal in english. The voices are the same, so that's good. Guess only broadcasting rights were only transferred and not the whole production.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
Heavy Storm and 3 MST are too much, especially with the release of Night Beam. I'm starting to wonder if there's even a point in playing Traps anymore.

I see point because I rarely see someone with either of them anymore oddly enough, even when I do, I have other traps to cover up for the dead ones.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I quit playing for good right before the Xyz monsters came out. Are they really that big of a deal?

Yep. They are our new synchros, but if you could do Synchro even easier.

Continued with my Blackwing deck. Seriously, now it sounds like a real thing, and not a random kid's throw-in-all-cards deck. Now, I need one more Kalut, Stardust Dragon (I really need it), maybe Vayu, and I dunno, more luck. Seriously, my deck will get perfect really soon

Crawley007

I see point because I rarely see someone with either of them anymore oddly enough, even when I do, I have other traps to cover up for the dead ones.

Maybe you just get lucky they don't draw them because every competitive Deck uses Heavy and at least some amount of MST! That's why they're called Staples.

If Heavy was banned..man Glad Beasts could finally be great again..

I was looking for something on this website and found this and thought it might help you some for tips or new cards that help burn you might not know about; the site is full of articles from professional players and this one is on Burn:

http://articles.alterealitygames.com/?p=7180

Last edited:

Aegon

It means in a best of 3 MATCH you'd win
In tournaments it is a good way to finish a match quick
It's like victory dragon but nerfed to an extent with it needing an xyz monster of a specific type on it too
Ah, I knew I was missing something simple. I did find it strange that the word "Duel" wasn't used.

darklord18

what anime/manga archtype do you want to see in real life?

me time lords cause well they were awsome htough i dont get why they name them Time lord, since there japan name didn't mean time.

I would say advance Crystal beast but they already real (advance dark out so that pretty much all the archtype for them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.