• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i was was really close to making a gishki deck but never got around to it really just lost intreast...lately i have been really losing intreast in yugioh i don't know why...its not like im getting beat by someone or something just i don't know but im gunna come back somehow...i know i am...im gunna try to make a really cool prophecy deck...my second spellcaster deck...

That's how I feel about the card game right now. I took a long break from the dueling scene and when I returned I expected to see tons of new interesting and diverse themes, but nothing much has changed imo. Everyone still runs the most popular deck types of the moment and everyone keeps their eyes open for the next big theme. I thought the card game would evolve and that there would be more originality, but there's not much difference between the current era and the infamous chaos era imo. That's why I mostly just collect.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
I prefer the underrated decks, I take it as a challenge to show people the real power behind a deck that no one thinks can win competitively, that's why I build my monarch deck, people doubted the frog engine for an effective way to tribute summon. That's what I'm looking for now in my next deck

That is Exactly what i do myself. I just made a Psycho Gusto Deck, and even since Emergency teleport became unlimited, the deck is super fast, and thanks to creature swap, psychic jumper, and Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto, I can take control of my opponent's monster, giving the deck the needed power to overwhelm the opponent.

Psycho Gusto Deck

LizardonX

Banned
I prefer the underrated decks, I take it as a challenge to show people the real power behind a deck that no one thinks can win competitively, that's why I build my monarch deck, people doubted the frog engine for an effective way to tribute summon. That's what I'm looking for now in my next deck

I doubt it's possible in this format. E dragons and Prophecys are just so strong you need to tailor your deck specifically to beat one and then lose to the other or hope to draw good.

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
I doubt it's possible in this format. E dragons and Prophecys are just so strong you need to tailor your deck specifically to beat one and then lose to the other or hope to draw good.

Not neccisarily, my frognarch deck had everything to take down anything in the meta provided i don't get cruddy hands, and I'm sure I can find a new deck to work on that will provide similar results lol, that's half the fun for me.

Crawley007

I hear ya. That's what happened to me with pokemon sadly :L

the deck instantly clicked for me. hey I have a topic:

What makes you want to run a new type of deck?

THe fact that as stated, gishkis were rituals made me remember of the good ol days, and water has been an underused attribute for a while. Fire just ****ing exploded ever since Zexal. jesus christ theres lavals, hazy flames, Brother hood of the fire fists, Fire kings, and Evolzars!

I have never anything in real life but the first archetype I ever picked up. I like to stay "loyal" to it.

On DN I use different stuff though.

LizardonX

Banned
I usually stay away from long combo centered decks unless its Exodia or infernity. I tried a Gishkill deck and it took 35 minutes for one round. That is too long.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
I usually stay away from long combo centered decks unless its Exodia or infernity. I tried a Gishkill deck and it took 35 minutes for one round. That is too long.

lol yeah, all that discarding to get the monsters and then activating all of the effects to clear the feild before attacking, not to mention you really need to over analyze your moves so you dont misplay and mess up the chain. they can get pretty complicated, but they are really powerful.

in YGO Pro, you have a 3 minute time limit per turn though, and only increases as you do moves, so if you take too long on one move, you lose >.> Tourney rules :I

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
lol yeah, all that discarding to get the monsters and then activating all of the effects to clear the feild before attacking, not to mention you really need to over analyze your moves so you dont misplay and mess up the chain. they can get pretty complicated, but they are really powerful.

in YGO Pro, you have a 3 minute time limit per turn though, and only increases as you do moves, so if you take too long on one move, you lose >.> Tourney rules :I

Yup, thems the breaks of a constantly growing competitive environment and the comunity of 10 year old losers who whine at every loss

I don't recall certain parts of GX. Season three itself was mostly just a complete blur imo. The plot was refreshing at first and Cobra/Viper seemed like a good villain, but I didn't think there were any outstanding moments after that; the whole dimension switch thing that happened near the middle of the season was kind of silly and unnecessary. The rest of the season was just duel after duel and occasionally there would be a death even though most of the dead characters were revived at the end of the season. GX's weakness was that it didn't have a coherent plot half the time in my opinion.

GX was awesome when it wanted to be heh heh I just loved the character interactions and the duels were really cool too. I think my favourite one was Jaden vs Edo round 2 cuz Jaden got beat hard and he learned to use the neo spacian series. I guess I was just mad that Edo lost on purpose the first time they dueled and it was nice to see Edo go all out against Jaden's E-heroes with his D-heroes. Speaking of that I actually still have my D-hero deck somewhere but it sucks cuz I never got Disc commander or D Draw.

Whats everyones favourite set btw?? Mine was Phantom Darkness.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
GX was awesome when it wanted to be heh heh I just loved the character interactions and the duels were really cool too. I think my favourite one was Jaden vs Edo round 2 cuz Jaden got beat hard and he learned to use the neo spacian series. I guess I was just mad that Edo lost on purpose the first time they dueled and it was nice to see Edo go all out against Jaden's E-heroes with his D-heroes. Speaking of that I actually still have my D-hero deck somewhere but it sucks cuz I never got Disc commander or D Draw.

My favorite would have to be Hidden Arsenal 6. I like and run Steelswarms, Gustos, and Gishkis because the style of play with those decks retain qualities of original decks like Aliens, Relinquished deck, and Gustos are like Kamakiri except they can also be destroyed by card effect and the can loop search.

LizardonX

Banned
My favorite would have to be Hidden Arsenal 6. I like and run Steelswarms, Gustos, and Gishkis because the style of play with those decks retain qualities of original decks like Aliens, Relinquished deck, and Gustos are like Kamakiri except they can also be destroyed by card effect and the can loop search.

HA4 and 7 are my faves. Bird man, trishula, evilswarm, Gishkis, all there. I also liked the last 3 sets and order of chaos.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I thought Jadan vs. Yugi was cool. Granted, it didn't have a proper ending but seeing two protagonists from different series duel against each other was awesome. I kind of wish that Yusei had dueled Jaden at the end of 5D's to continue the pattern, but I don't think he was mentioned nor even referenced to outside of the Bonds Beyond Time movie, which I thought was pretty mediocre for all the hype it received.

I think Phantom Darkness along with Invasion of Chaos are overrated. That's not to say that I don't use some of the cards from those sets (I love my Dark Armed Dragon and BLS), but the sets as a whole didn't spark creativity and only stagnated the game imo, so I generally consider them to be just average. I think my favorite sets are Strike of Neos because it gave Ritual monsters and Normal monsters some much-needed support, and Crossroads of Chaos because it gave us Plant support and one of my favorite Synchro monsters ever: Black Rose Dragon. I pretty much like every set to a certain extent though. I'm even a little fond of Cyberdark Impact despite its reputation as the worst Yu-Gi-Oh set ever (I'm personally fond of Snipe Hunter and Chain Strike).

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
I gotta say my favorite set was and is Shadow of Infinity, for no other reason but Treeborn frog as an Ultimate Rare <3. Oh man it's so smexy I can't control myself haha

ThunDuel

Double Trouble!
I ThunDuel, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.
YUGIOH RULEZ!!! i got into it at age 6 and now have over 2000 cards. my best pack pull ever, was a Ghost Rare Number C39 Utopia Ray. Also, my user on duelingnetwork is Jamie@consultyo.com

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
So a friend of mine that plays Yugimonz bought a Wind-ups deck online. When it comes in he said he might give/trade me for his current deck. Inventors hehehe.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
So happy they aren't reprinting Chaos Emporer Dragon-Envoy.

I thought Jadan vs. Yugi was cool. Granted, it didn't have a proper ending but seeing two protagonists from different series duel against each other was awesome. I kind of wish that Yusei had dueled Jaden at the end of 5D's to continue the pattern, but I don't think he was mentioned nor even referenced to outside of the Bonds Beyond Time movie, which I thought was pretty mediocre for all the hype it received.

I think Phantom Darkness along with Invasion of Chaos are overrated. That's not to say that I don't use some of the cards from those sets (I love my Dark Armed Dragon and BLS), but the sets as a whole didn't spark creativity and only stagnated the game imo, so I generally consider them to be just average. I think my favorite sets are Strike of Neos because it gave Ritual monsters and Normal monsters some much-needed support, and Crossroads of Chaos because it gave us Plant support and one of my favorite Synchro monsters ever: Black Rose Dragon. I pretty much like every set to a certain extent though. I'm even a little fond of Cyberdark Impact despite its reputation as the worst Yu-Gi-Oh set ever (I'm personally fond of Snipe Hunter and Chain Strike).

Nobody I know even knows that Jaden and Yugi dueled but I bet they would have been disappointing anyways cause of the outcome I mean I didn't like it that much and I was a big fan of Yugi's duels. I think the writers shoulda given that duel three episodes instead of just two so that both duelists could use more cards and strategies. Seeing Neos attack Slifer at the end was cool tho. Do you watch Zexal too btw??

Status
Not open for further replies.