• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartD

I got Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol. 2. It didn't come with the promo card, but I don't care. Most of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga at the book store have promos missing.

Does anyone read the Zexal manga?

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
Actually I've done research and everywhere I've heard has said ultimates weigh about as much as a common. In fact, that was the whole reason I wanted to try using Calipers, as ultimate rares are noticeably thinner.

It also sucks because my store has gotten rid of all their individual packs, and carry only blister

With Calipers however there's more of a chance to bend/damage the cards, which Ultimate rares tend to be a lot easier to damage. Even in that case, I'd still prefer the chance to pull Supers or Ultras, or even Secrets, usually Ultimates don't carry the higher values, and if they do, they usually also come in Ultras.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
With Calipers however there's more of a chance to bend/damage the cards, which Ultimate rares tend to be a lot easier to damage. Even in that case, I'd still prefer the chance to pull Supers or Ultras, or even Secrets, usually Ultimates don't carry the higher values, and if they do, they usually also come in Ultras.

actually that is false the ultimate rares actually bend alot better then the ultra rares but sometimes ultra rares look better XD

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
i wecondo12 understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

as for ultimate rares, i only pulled one. and it only came in ultimate. i think ultra and ghost look better though. back when i started yu gi oh, i got a lot of counterfeits(and still have them) but i have a true on hieratic deck now(turn 1 heliopolis ftw!) i like centering around lv 8 summons, rather than 6. i also found my ghost rare stardust dragon, but my deck isnt tuned to use it(i have one tuner in the entire deck) and i also pulled daigusto emeral and harpie channeler(im planning to sell those to have money to finish my hieratic deck) and i want you to know something. i hate mermails. especially abyssmegalo.

Last edited:

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
actually that is false the ultimate rares actually bend alot better then the ultra rares but sometimes ultra rares look better XD

It's the fact that they bend more that makes them more fragile, to a normal player's shuffling, an ultimate rare will bend more than I care for....

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
It's the fact that they bend more that makes them more fragile, to a normal player's shuffling, an ultimate rare will bend more than I care for....

This is correct, i have had a harder time shuffling a deck that's been holo'd out without making the cards bend or bounce. and the added weight seems to affect my consistency somewhat. a common card's bend wont be as noticable either because there isnt any light giving off the bend like a foil would.

Oh yeah, and if a Holo card gets water damage, the foil peels off from the corners, if not entirely with enough water. common cards dont need to worry about that.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
well, my heliopolis never got peeled, and he got water damage. my stardust never got it either. my whole deck got soaked once, but theyre still in great condition.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

it can bend but i never ruined it bends way better so it can hold out better as a ultimate then ultra...you must me be like folding those things or something that is not suppose to happen...i have alot of ultimate rares and all of them are in mint condition and got bend no problem and no crease marks or rips nothing....they may be thiner and fragile looking but really its better to have a ultimate rare likewise a ultra...not gunna start a argument issue but im just getting my opinion across that what your saying shouldn't happen...as for the commons its noticable alright in the light...

new topic: if anyone could cosplay/make a costume a yugioh character (cards count) what would it be? and why?

Last edited:

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
turbo warrior cause his hair is awesome(and i pulled it in the flea market trying to get a replacement stardust) dark strike fighter(i got one, and i didnt know how broken it was at the time, my brother never let me use it anyway) or chaos sorcerer. also my brother always beats me. i beat him when it comes to raw power and speed, but i summon my beatstick and he turns it against me using his stupid mini guts(its drains my attack to 0, and i take damage equal to the attack of that monster) and he kills me in one turn. and the worst part? he says my deck sucks. and i only beat him ONCE after he got xyz monsters(i never lost with stardust, but i lost him for a long while, and since im playing hieratics, i cant use him)

Last edited:

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
new topic: if anyone could cosplay/make a costume a yugioh character (cards count) what would it be? and why?

Oh that's easy, I'd be Seto Kaiba!! I'd make sure I had the briefcase full of cards, and the perfect Kaiba deck! As well as...the Coattails of Doom!!!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Hmm, I guess I'd like to cosplay as Akiza from 5D's. She was so pretty and I'd like to look like her lol. I've never been interested in cosplaying before simply because I don't go to anime conventions and stuff like that, but it would be cool to do it if I knew other Yu-Gi-Oh! fans in real life. I don't think I'd ever cosplay as a monster though. There are few monsters that I genuinely think look good, so it would be hard to dress up as one given the limited amount of options. I've always liked Dark Magician Girl though, but that's such a cliché choice imo.

Btw, could you change my name on the members list? You still have me on there as 4th Kira. :p

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
Hmm, I guess I'd like to cosplay as Akiza from 5D's. She was so pretty and I'd like to look like her lol. I've never been interested in cosplaying before simply because I don't go to anime conventions and stuff like that, but it would be cool to do it if I knew other Yu-Gi-Oh! fans in real life. I don't think I'd ever cosplay as a monster though. There are few monsters that I genuinely think look good, so it would be hard to dress up as one given the limited amount of options. I've always liked Dark Magician Girl though, but that's such a cliché choice imo.

Btw, could you change my name on the members list? You still have me on there as 4th Kira. :p

Lol there's nothing wrong with a good Dark Magician Girl cosplay, if you don't mind having every pair of eyes staring at you the whole time.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

sure thing i can and i new it was you though and i love akiza that is my best and favorite character i plan on cosplaying her XD i did do dmg before...

Oh that's easy, I'd be Seto Kaiba!! I'd make sure I had the briefcase full of cards, and the perfect Kaiba deck! As well as...the Coattails of Doom!!!!

I would pick him as well but since u said him first I will go with yami bakura, hes my 2nd fave after kaiba :p,n besides I think it be cool to wear the ring around my neck like he does

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
I would pick him as well but since u said him first I will go with yami bakura, hes my 2nd fave after kaiba :p,n besides I think it be cool to wear the ring around my neck like he does

Well no worries, Yami bakura would be pretty interesting, but making a character deck to match him would be kinda hard I'd think, he didn't really get a lot of screen time

Golde

Always Searching~

Yeah but the reason I wanted them is for the older packs that often have ultimate rares as variants of rares, supers, OR ultras. The main ones I was looking for were Topaz Tiger and Sapphire Pegasus. The rare Tiger being like a quarter and the ulti being 20-ish.

As for damaging, I have a pair and I tested them a bunch. There's no damage if you're careful. I feel fine using them on my ulti Veilers (which I have).

The issue I had was I was still having issues measuring the exact width, and now the single packs are gone in my store :(

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
Yeah but the reason I wanted them is for the older packs that often have ultimate rares as variants of rares, supers, OR ultras. The main ones I was looking for were Topaz Tiger and Sapphire Pegasus. The rare Tiger being like a quarter and the ulti being 20-ish.

As for damaging, I have a pair and I tested them a bunch. There's no damage if you're careful. I feel fine using them on my ulti Veilers (which I have).

The issue I had was I was still having issues measuring the exact width, and now the single packs are gone in my store :(

I certainly don't deny the fact that using calipers can be effective, but me and Gram (my scale's name) work well together, and I trust him haha

Kaiserin

please wake up...
if anyone could cosplay/make a costume a yugioh character (cards count) what would it be? and why?

Heh. Heh. Already have. I've done Johan and Asuka from GX, Misty from 5D's back in the day when I was not as good at cosplaying, and Rio from Zexal. I'm in the process of making Droite from Zexal, too. I even recently did Asuka for Anime Boston -- I'll post pics when I get them. C: I'm mostly doing Asuka and Rio these days, though.

Speaking of which, there was a really impressive magicians group at AB, too. The group I was helping out with did a YGO skit in the masquerade, too, if anyone would like to see it. It placed second in presentation!!

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
So I bought two packs of Tachyion with my scale, and ended up pulling that little rare card known as Dracossack!! Man If only my luck extended past Yugioh hah

Well no worries, Yami bakura would be pretty interesting, but making a character deck to match him would be kinda hard I'd think, he didn't really get a lot of screen time

yah i wish u got to see him more, he made the show better in the few eps he was in, n i think if he had a theme deck based upon the cards that are out now i'd say he be playing an evilswarm deck :p

Status
Not open for further replies.