• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Mermails can still be very sucessful in this format when people realize Megalo+2 800 scales+disposable water=OTK.

Golde

Always Searching~
This is definitely fake, don't worry. They're hitting and un hitting things that don't need to be or shouldn't be. This list is bad.divine mist? Why? Also, why would rooster be hit? It JUST came out. Whoever made this up is trying to hit everything hard (and used to play goat control lol).

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I don't think its accurate. Im sure when inzektors and wind up were tier 1 they had the format they came out and an additional format before they were hit by the banlist.

Crawley007

This is definitely fake, don't worry. They're hitting and un hitting things that don't need to be or shouldn't be. This list is bad.divine mist? Why? Also, why would rooster be hit? It JUST came out. Whoever made this up is trying to hit everything hard (and used to play goat control lol).

Divine Wind Harpie OTK. Makes sense. And rooster being hit is strange but not an unheard of move as I am sure you know.
And Scapegoat hasn't needed to be limited for ages.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Had tokens been able to be Xyz materials, THEN I see a need to limit/ban Scapegoat. Not only that, but then Mecha Phantom Beasts would probably be the most broken archetype in the game. *Shudders*

LizardonX

Banned
Had tokens been able to be Xyz materials, THEN I see a need to limit/ban Scapegoat. Not only that, but then Mecha Phantom Beasts would probably be the most broken archetype in the game. *Shudders*

MPBs will never need to use scapegoats. And even if they could use them as xyzs it still would be as a last resort, not as a main move.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Hell, I would use Draccosack, and Scapegoat, and rule the field for a couple turns. (This is, of course, I could afford one *Smiles sheepishly*) Oh, pun intended, lol.

Btw, welcome back, Trop19

PokemonFan13

I Pokemonfan13, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

Getting back into Yugioh since the last time I played was spring of 2006. Used to go to a place called The Gathering over at Cape Cod. But it closed so kinda gave up playing but want to get into it again.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've gone on a Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal hiatus because the Legendary Numbers arc was boring me to death. Everything after the WDC has been really tedious and uninteresting imo. I only kept myself watching because I thought that things would get better but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'll resume watching next month or something. As for the TCG, I ordered a ton of Judgment of the Light cards and they arrived yesterday. It was funny though because all the cards got stuck together; probably because of the heat and/or the ink or something. Anyway the set is nice. I'm looking forward to Shadow Specters more though.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Yeah, same here. Only a couple Synchros and Bujins(probably expensive as hell) interested me, and more Bujins come with SSpecters, along with some new Zombies (finally).

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Man, Star Eater is soooo epic. That could EASILY be put in my deck. :)

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I, The Teller, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

I'm what I call a "retired Duelist." I played the game back before GX came out and was quite the contender at the local Toys R Us gathering every weekend (didn't hurt that most of the duelists there were little kids who only knew the Duelist Kingdom rules). However, life came into play and the gatherings ended and all my friends who did play moved away and so I just stopped playing (though I never deconstructed my deck). I just spent the summer watching all of 5Ds, so I felt compelled to go through my cards again. Because I was out of action for years, I own around 3 Syncho cards and only recently obtained Xyz cards, and I also have no idea what the new archetypes are all about. I do know that the old school cards I have are simply no match for the fast-paced metagame nowadays. How out of it am I? The deck I'm currently working on is a Rock/Flip Earth deck. Not a Koa'ki Meiru or Fossil deck. A deck simply focusing on various, non-related Rock type monster cards. The goal of the deck is to get Exxod out and abuse Earth monsters that can flip themselves back to facedown position to burn away the opponent's LP. It's fun. If that fails, hey, sacrifice a dozen rock monsters in my graveyard to power up my Megarock Dragon and suddenly my defensive deck goes offensive.

Nightmareisalive

I, The Teller, understand every rule that is in this club and will pledge to only talk about yugioh and not get off topic.

I'm what I call a "retired Duelist." I played the game back before GX came out and was quite the contender at the local Toys R Us gathering every weekend (didn't hurt that most of the duelists there were little kids who only knew the Duelist Kingdom rules). However, life came into play and the gatherings ended and all my friends who did play moved away and so I just stopped playing (though I never deconstructed my deck). I just spent the summer watching all of 5Ds, so I felt compelled to go through my cards again. Because I was out of action for years, I own around 3 Syncho cards and only recently obtained Xyz cards, and I also have no idea what the new archetypes are all about. I do know that the old school cards I have are simply no match for the fast-paced metagame nowadays. How out of it am I? The deck I'm currently working on is a Rock/Flip Earth deck. Not a Koa'ki Meiru or Fossil deck. A deck simply focusing on various, non-related Rock type monster cards. The goal of the deck is to get Exxod out and abuse Earth monsters that can flip themselves back to facedown position to burn away the opponent's LP. It's fun. If that fails, hey, sacrifice a dozen rock monsters in my graveyard to power up my Megarock Dragon and suddenly my defensive deck goes offensive.

I'm in the same boat as you. I stopped playing around midway through GX and got rid of all my cards (such a short sight!) because I hardly knew anyone who played or dueled anyone besides my cousin. I got back in last year when I went to collage when one of my friends starting getting back into it.

Archetypes that are dominate now are Dragon Rulers (broken) Prophecy/spellbook (broken mostly because of Judgment) fireking, and fire fist. There are lesser ones like six samurai, dark world and inzektors though not as good as the other archetypes I said.

Post a list up here and let people see what your deck is like. People can help point you in the right direction or just help you know what deck to use. I'm not sure about your deck at the minute going by what you said. It sounds slow and compared to the main decks now they can OTK very easily very early on.

Also what do you think of 5D's? I tried watching it but can't get into it. I saw one episode of zexal an thought it was much better.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Is it the motorcycles that make you dislike 5ds?

Also that moment when you realize theres a gap between summin and battle where compulsory can hit eater...

Nightmareisalive

Is it the motorcycles that make you dislike 5ds?

Also that moment when you realize theres a gap between summin and battle where compulsory can hit eater...

Pretty much I think the idea is really stupid and speed/turbo duels bore me. The show takes itself way too seriously to begin with. The other series pretty much started off as just a card game until other things came up that made the card game more serious and I just can't get into the characters. I watched the first five episodes and thought "meh" so I watched a duel later in the show were they both weren't speed dueling and enjoyed it. Then they went back to the motorbikes and I got bored again. I do want to enjoy the series but I just can't....

LizardonX

Banned
Pretty much I think the idea is really stupid and speed/turbo duels bore me. The show takes itself way too seriously to begin with. The other series pretty much started off as just a card game until other things came up that made the card game more serious and I just can't get into the characters. I watched the first five episodes and thought "meh" so I watched a duel later in the show were they both weren't speed dueling and enjoyed it. Then they went back to the motorbikes and I got bored again. I do want to enjoy the series but I just can't....

Well give it a couple of years and then go back to 5ds, you'll be suprised. And there are plenty of ground duels in the show since 2 of the signers can't ride motorcycles.

Nightmareisalive

Well give it a couple of years and then go back to 5ds, you'll be suprised. And there are plenty of ground duels in the show since 2 of the signers can't ride motorcycles.

Hopefully there are interesting archetypes involved and I don't want to miss out on seeing them in action.

Has anyone here know how to beat infernity decks? Anytime I run into them I lose without doing a scratch to them. They are one annoying archetype

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I didn't really care for the "card games on motorcycles" thing at first either but at least it added something new to the franchise. I honestly got used to it after a while and it didn't bother me as much as it did other people. 5D's was rarely boring in my opinion. I mean aside from the fillers during season 2 the show was really interesting and I liked that it was serious. It reminded me of Yu-Gi-Oh DM because like DM, 5D's actually had a plot from the beginning compared to GX and Zexal which both took like 25+ episodes to get anywhere imo. But that's enough ranting from me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.