• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmareisalive

Well, you never know. I mean, people figured that they'd never print Slifer with its anime effects, yet they did. If the Legendary Dragons got printed, they'd probably have their effects nerfed somewhat anyways. And there have been monsters that doubled as spell/trap cards before- the Crystal Beasts. And there are also a few trap cards that double as monsters (Metal Reflect Slime, Zoma the Spirit, and Tiki Curse to name a few).

Their effects were very vague though. The cards just kind of did certain things at the time that was about it. Actually giving them a proper effect would be interesting but would probably make them unplayable and so printing them would be a waste of time. We don't want more Ra's do we?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Their effects were very vague though. The cards just kind of did certain things at the time that was about it. Actually giving them a proper effect would be interesting but would probably make them unplayable and so printing them would be a waste of time. We don't want more Ra's do we?

Yeah, their effects were too vague and they were ultimately a form of deus ex machina in the anime, which is why I can't see them being printed. And as you said, even if they were made into real cards, their effects would probably be too situational and would make them unplayable, which is what I'm mostly afraid of. I hate it when Konami gives in and prints cards that people want, only for them to be completely unplayable and useless in the end. :x

Golde

Always Searching~
Yeah, their effects were too vague and they were ultimately a form of deus ex machina in the anime, which is why I can't see them being printed. And as you said, even if they were made into real cards, their effects would probably be too situational and would make them unplayable, which is what I'm mostly afraid of. I hate it when Konami gives in and prints cards that people want, only for them to be completely unplayable and useless in the end. :x

Personally, I can't imagine any other card being printed that would warrant the title "Dragons of Legend". I don't know any other significant dragons, especially with Seal of Orichalcos being printed. When Seal was announced, people were freaking out, only for seal to get released with toned down, playable effects (Seal is by no means bad, I main one myself in Fire Kings).

I was expecting more of a Legendary Collection 5: Kaibas World release though :p

So I've been thinking alot about what would happen if these cards were to get released. I feel like Timaeus would be a sort of union monster, giving "x" effect to the equipped monster. Thats what he did for the most part anyway (Dark Magician Girl Dragon Knight Whatever Awesome).

Critias could have a sort of trap protection/retrieval system, perhaps (Its a stretch but I've always loved 'em) making trap monsters SEMI-viable.

Hermos, iirc, involves equip spells. Noble Knights anyone? ;D Or something involving backrow protection in general.

Also (And I highly doubt this but it is TECHNICALLY possible), it could be that with the yugioh decks yugi and kaiba reloaded, they're more character oriented. Though with no Joey (LC04 aside), it's unlikely. Amulet Dragon would become a thing though.

Personally, I'd like to see them come out as spells, since they 'kinda' were anyway. Maybe rituals, like the Eye of Timaeus summons "Atlantean Dragon Timaeus" or something. And the Knight versions would be cool as well. Maybe you do that new Arc react into it or something :p

There's a whole lot of possibilities, but hopefully they go the Slifer route, and not the Ra route. Even if they smudge the original effect horribly, I still want a fun playable deck involving them. They're one of the card archtypes where I totally understand the need to change them. It was very original-anime-ish, where everything just kinda is because it is. Which is fine, thats why the original was my favorite. But I hope they try if they do release them, and not just kinda half-try.

LizardonX

Banned
I'll take a crack at making the dragons playable irl. Made them Spells to make things easier.

Eye of Timaeus
Quickplay Spell
Send one monster you control to the graveyard to fusion summon a monster from the extra deck listing this card and the sent card as fusion materials. The summon cannot be negated and it is unaffected by your opponent's cards until your next end phase. This card's effects can never be negated

Fang of Critias
Quickplay Spell
Send one trap card you control to the graveyard to fusion summon a monster from the extra deck listing this card and the sent card as fusion materials. The summon cannot be negated and it is unaffected by your opponent's cards until your next end phase.This card's effects can never be negated.

Claw of Hermos
Quickplay spell
Send one monsterou control to the graveyard to fusion summon a monster from the extra deck listing this card and the sent card as fusion materials and immediately equip it to an applicable monster you control as an equip spell. It is unaffected by your opponet's card effects until your next end phase. This card's effects can never be negated.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Speaking of Dragons of Legends, assuming it indeed refers to the Orichalcos arc dragon trio, this might means Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight could finally see a release.

She needs a slight buff, though. She's slightly underpowered.

I wonder what her artwork will looks like if she ever gets released. Not even the official site has the pic of her anime artwork.

scizor64

"sciz"
Wow this place is dead. I got an idea for a topic question. From the 4 series (DM, GX, 5D's and ZEXAL) how do you rank them from your favorite to least favorite?

We tried this b4 and some people got offended iirc when other poeple started putting down certain series. I think we should stick away from this. Also, last post (excluding yours) was at 9:21 by user SmartD (today) so its not really dead.

J Ken

RAVE
We tried this b4 and some people got offended iirc when other poeple started putting down certain series. I think we should stick away from this. Also, last post (excluding yours) was at 9:21 by user SmartD (today) so its not really dead.

I'm aware. I was exaggerating....

Oh alright if that question won't work then how about this as a question. What's your favorite archetype?

Last edited:

SmartD

Oh alright if that question won't work then how about this as a question. What's your favorite archetype?

My favorite archetype are the Elemental HERO series. The fusions are pretty cool, especially Shining Flare Wingman.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow this place is dead. I got an idea for a topic question. From the 4 series (DM, GX, 5D's and ZEXAL) how do you rank them from your favorite to least favorite?

For me it goes: DM > 5D's > GX > ZEXAL. I think I've said this before, but there was a time when I liked ZEXAL more than GX, however, ever since the second part of ZEXAL started, I've really lost interest in it. I still watch the episodes because I want to find out how everything ends, but there have been times where I've literally dozed off for a few seconds because of how boring the newer episodes have been for me.

My favorite archetypes are Mermail, Constellar, Crystal Beasts, Blackwings, Infernity and Gimmick Puppets. I can't decide on any single one. :p

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I can't decide on a favorite archetype either. My favorites are Volcanic, Artifact, Constellar, Lightray, Cyber, Number, Meklord, and Watt. Yes, I love LIGHT.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!

SmartD

New dub episodes of Zexal are back. Today's dub episode is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.