• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
http://www.ygorganization.com/ocg-v-jump-time/
The Pendulum Summoning is weird and confusing as heck.
Also changes to the rules like the player going first cannot draw on their first turn, both players can have field cards at the same time and there are 2 new zones for the Pendulum Monsters however that works.

Ugh, I got a headache simply from reading the first lines. Although the game mechanic changes (especially the one about not drawing on the first turn) is going to be interesting. Anyway, I almost had a heart attack when I saw some of those new cards. I thought the card layout had changed again but it seems like that's only true for the Pendulum cards.

Lorde

I'm glad that we're finally getting Mathematician; it was my favorite Misawa card like a decade ago. But why are we getting Gate Blocker? I didn't know there was demand for that card given that Speed World doesn't exist. I hope this isn't a sign that it's being printed as well. I'm just hoping that White Veil gets printed. And I still don't know how Pendulum Summons work.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The Pendulum Summon mechanic is interesting, mainly because of how stupid it is.

From what I understand, it's basically : Activate a Scale 1 Pendulum and a Scale 8 Pendulum, clear your opponent's field, then swarm tons of Level 2-7 monsters for OTK.

Really, unless they limit it to being able to Pendulum Summon only 1 monster per turn, it's just going to promote OTK. I thought Konami hate OTKs.

Also love that effects are getting numbered, I hope the TCG gets that, would make it easier to understand some cards' effects.

But why are we getting Gate Blocker? I didn't know there was demand for that card given that Speed World doesn't exist.

Yeah, it's strange.....it's like the set is a mix of what most fans want.....and random anime cards picked with a dart.

I mean seriously, Gate Blocker? Shooting Star? No one even remember Shooting Star exist.....

Ra's Disciple and Mound of the Bound Creator are also interesting choice, I guess they are printed to support the playable Ra, they should already know how players hate the playable Ra so much. Which means it is very likely that they will be buffed so that the playable Ra won't suck so much. Otherwise they would be pointless, the anime version of Ra's Disciple doesn't help the playable Ra in any way.

Collector's Pack: Duelists of Legend Edition:

http://www.ygorganization.com/ocg-collectors-pack-duelists-of-legend-version/

From the looks of it, Japan's getting the Dragons of Legend cards in this pack. Pretty interesting.

So much for being an awesome TCG exclusive set.

Would have been great if OCG didn't get the set before we get the awesome LVAL and PRIO OCG exclusives.....

TheGreaterLucario

Huh. According to the YuGiOh wiki, apparently the Dragons of Legend set will see an English release on April 25. The Primal Origins set, however, won't get an English release until May 16.

Oh well, at least I can look forward to trying (aaaaaaand most likely failing) to pull Eye of Timeaus.

J Ken

RAVE
I'm interested at whether the Legendary Dragons will be Spells or Monster Cards. I'm glad they're getting printed but I find it tedious when they take a decade to release cards that should've been released ages ago. I understand what they try to do from a marketing perspective but still.

Outside the Dragons I only care for Abyss Supra. It's funny how he could very well end up useless since his base form wouldn't have been released yet unless it doesn't have an effect restriction.

Lorde

Huh. According to the YuGiOh wiki, apparently the Dragons of Legend set will see an English release on April 25. The Primal Origins set, however, won't get an English release until May 16.

Oh well, at least I can look forward to trying (aaaaaaand most likely failing) to pull Eye of Timeaus.

Ugh, so basically I'll have nothing Yu-Gi-Oh related to look forward to until April. I suppose Premium Gold might be interesting, but I don't particularly care for the Gold series sets. Hopefully it'll have the remaining Gimmick Puppet cards that haven't been translated into English yet, but I doubt it. I wish the TCG was getting the new Starter deck around March like the OCG is.

SmartD

Did anyone watch the Zexal dub episode "Shadows End"? It was neat. Next weekend the dub will start the Legendary Number arc. I'm looking forward to that.

Lorde

Apparently the next structure deck is HERO based. *Cringes* I got over the HERO cards once GX ended and I know that they added Masked HERO and Vision HERO cards afterwards, but I'm still not excited for yet more HERO support. When I heard that the deck would support a GX archetype I was hoping it would be a Gladiator Beast deck at least, but alas.

Lorde

GBs just got support though.

One card in Primal Origins isn't enough especially when we compare that to the hundred or so HERO archetype support cards that there are in general. I'm not even the biggest Gladiator Beast fan, but I would've at least preferred to see more support for that archetype in the upcoming structure deck than see more HERO hype, but it's too late for that.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
One card in Primal Origins isn't enough especially when we compare that to the hundred or so HERO archetype support cards that there are in general. I'm not even the biggest Gladiator Beast fan, but I would've at least preferred to see more support for that archetype in the upcoming structure deck than see more HERO hype, but it's too late for that.

There is a lot more good support for Gladiator Beasts than there is for Heroes, especially because their best card is (unfairly) banned.

Crawley007

There is a lot more good support for Gladiator Beasts than there is for Heroes, especially because their best card is (unfairly) banned.

Maybe by percentage, definitely not by number. At least Heroes have more than 2 decent Fusions and variety with Destiny, Masked, Vision.

I guess they deserve it because Stratos got banned but does anyone honestly think it will be banned for long? Yeah, highly doubt it, so.

Nightmareisalive

Maybe by percentage, definitely not by number. At least Heroes have more than 2 decent Fusions and variety with Destiny, Masked, Vision.

I guess they deserve it because Stratos got banned but does anyone honestly think it will be banned for long? Yeah, highly doubt it, so.

With the new structure deck coming out it will probably come of the list unless the introduce a card that does what Stratos does in the deck. I'm curious of what we will get. Right now the current trend has been one effect monster that helps with summoning from the extra deck, an extra deck monster and a spell and trap card that people either like or hate. I wonder if they will give us an XYZ hero or just stick with fusion monsters....

SmartD

I watched A Duel in Ruins: Part I. Don Thousand and Mach is kept, Legendary Numbers are now Mytherian Numbers, Nasch is now Nash and Merag is now Marin.

Did anyone watch it?

Crawley007

With the new structure deck coming out it will probably come of the list unless the introduce a card that does what Stratos does in the deck. I'm curious of what we will get. Right now the current trend has been one effect monster that helps with summoning from the extra deck, an extra deck monster and a spell and trap card that people either like or hate. I wonder if they will give us an XYZ hero or just stick with fusion monsters....

We already have a spell that does what Stratos does. E-Emergency Call and it is at 3. I think the only two possible outcomes is either Stratos is coming back or they will make a sub-par Stratos substitute monster in the structure deck.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Kinda wished E-Hero Shadow Mist would appear in the new Structure, given how the new Starter has an emphasis on Normal monsters.

.....that's assuming they keep her as a Normal, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.