• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh GX and Decks

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Can't remember that much since its been a while, but when "Kaiba" made a cameo and summoned himself.

You mean Kaibaman? I remember being excited about that episode, but it turned out to be pretty generic.

I really loved the Society of Light arc. Sartorious was an awesome character, and the whole thing was really ironic because light is usually portrayed as good, not evil

I hated that arc to be completely honest. I never found Sartorius to be interesting and I hated the whole Neo Spacian stuff. I'll admit that I still watched that arc despite not liking it much, but that was just because I was really hooked on the anime at the time. My take on the seasons: Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 2.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I love seasons 1,3 and 4, I like season 2 too but not as much as the 3 other seasons. I also like the Judai vs. Yugi duel in the second to the last episode of season 4.:)

I really loved the Society of Light arc

hmm. I also love some of the episodes of the Society of Light arc I love Asuka and Judai duel in episodes 93 and 94but not entirely.

I hated that arc to be completely honest. I never found Sartorius to be interesting and I hated the whole Neo Spacian stuff. I'll admit that I still watched that arc despite not liking it much, but that was just because I was really hooked on the anime at the time. My take on the seasons: Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 2.
I kinda liked the Neo Spacians. Except Jaden would always get complete luck while using them, but when I use them in real life they are crap

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Season 2 of Gx was one of the best seasons along with season 1. Sartorius was not that great in the 4kids version but in the original format he was creepy with his voice especially when he went crazy near the end for Jaden's duel. The Neo Spacians were okay I really like Elemental Hero Neos and all his forms but I thought it got out of hand during season 3 and 4. The Society of light was so interesting because it seemed like half the students wanted to be brainwashed like Chazz and Bastion opposed to some who were forced into it like Alexis. So it made me believe that deep down everyone wanted to be part of it, and I find it cool that Chazz was the first to break out of it and did it himself since he started the whole thing. Though Bastion's was the most funny, streaking around the campus XD and with Aster and Zane's subplots season 2 was easily my favorite season.

Season 3 had potential but was just meh. Viper was a cool villain and his duel was actually one of my favorites of the series but he was defeated so early on he's forgettable. They made references of Marcel and Blair being main characters this season so I was a little excited for these two but Blair was pretty much as useful as Alexis and Syrus aka not useful at all and Marcel had no real character other then Yubel taking advantage of his darkness. I felt like I never really got to know the real Marcel and he was just a pawn. The zombie bits where the students became duel zombies or duel ghouls felt like a poorly done society of light bit and I couldn't wait for it to end. Zane is suddenly nice again despite season 2 leaving him quite a antagonist with no explanation as why he changed and was friendlier, even though I liked it they could have explained how Zane calmed down. And I hated everything about the dark world other then Jaden becoming the supreme king.

Season 4 was just rushed. Though the duel with Jaden and Yugi was one to remember. I'll probably post again to elaborate on it more.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Chazz and Syrus' decks had my vote for the favorites (Pegasus to an extent too, but that's somewhat old school YGO). Syrus had the Roids that were cool (YEAH STEAMROID) but Chazz had Armed Dragons; they were TOO Awesome. Also, Manjyome Thunder was badass in the original.

BTW, Sartorious and Meowth had the same voice actor. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited:

PokemonOwn

BTW, Sartorious and Meowth had the same voice actor. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Wow. Just wow. Was this in the dub?

Jaden was incredibly lucky. Even more haxed than Yugi :p

GX was cool. It ties with Zexal for 2nd place.

Season One was innovative, and the first episode was really weird, (Coincidentally, Jaden an into Yugi) and Chumly was just pro. Season 2 was awesome, and Sartorius was great nearer towards the end. Season Three was just weird. The Duel Ghouls were too creepy, especially Dr. Crowler's. Viper was an interesting character, and I didn't see Season 4.

However, I did feel like Chancellor Sheppard could have dueled a lot more.

However, I did feel like Chancellor Sheppard could have dueled a lot more.
Yeah I never understood why he just randomly disappeared

And you guys didn't know Meowth and Sartorious had the same VA? Oh well, she's dead now. So I wonder if they ever did season 4, who would voice Sartorious?

Lorde

Yeah, but I choose to call him just Kaiba.

I always wanted the actual Kaiba to appear at Duel Academy. He was the one who created Duel Academy, so you'd think he'd show up sometimes.

I kinda liked the Neo Spacians. Except Jaden would always get complete luck while using them, but when I use them in real life they are crap

Exactly. I've tried using a similar deck in real life and I can never draw the right cards. That's one complicated deck he had during the second season. His deck would change a bit as time went on, but I hated how overly complicated they made his deck after season one.

Exactly. I've tried using a similar deck in real life and I can never draw the right cards. That's one complicated deck he had during the second season. His deck would change a bit as time went on, but I hated how overly complicated they made his deck after season one.
I found it made his duels less repetitive. In season 1 his duals were just like this

Go Elemental Hero X!
Hah, destroy it
Trap card activate!
Alright, now I got Elemental Hero Y and I used polmerization to fuse them.

Then he would go on to easily defeat his opponents. With the neo spacians, it added some variety

Lorde

I found it made his duels less repetitive. In season 1 his duals were just like this

Go Elemental Hero X!
Hah, destroy it
Trap card activate!
Alright, now I got Elemental Hero Y and I used polmerization to fuse them.

Then he would go on to easily defeat his opponents. With the neo spacians, it added some variety

I think the Neo Spacian cards made his duels a bit less repetitive, but I still didn't like how the worked. Using them was more luck than skill to be honest. Jaden's deck was the most interesting deck in the anime, though. Some of the side characters had decent decks, but they weren't as groundbreaking. I guess Zane's deck was an exception. I loved his Cyber Dragon cards so much.

I think the Neo Spacian cards made his duels a bit less repetitive, but I still didn't like how the worked. Using them was more luck than skill to be honest. Jaden's deck was the most interesting deck in the anime, though. Some of the side characters had decent decks, but they weren't as groundbreaking. I guess Zane's deck was an exception. I loved his Cyber Dragon cards so much.
I agree Jaden had the most interesting deck, but it got repetitive after awhile. And I didn't really like Zane's deck until he got the Dark Cyber Dragon cards

Lorde

I agree Jaden had the most interesting deck, but it got repetitive after awhile. And I didn't really like Zane's deck until he got the Dark Cyber Dragon cards

Zane's Dark Cyber Dragon deck was wicked. I remember watching the episodes where it was featured not too long ago and I loved seeing it in action. It actually works pretty well in real life too, although I haven't tried dueling with a Cyber Dragon deck in quite a while lol. I used to make decks similar to the characters in the anime, but most of them just never really worked well. Zane's deck was an exception and so was Jesse's.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Jaden's deck is very luck based. I don't know many who can really pull the Neo Spacian deck off much. The Elemental Heroes are much easier and they are luck based too. The Cyber Dark Dragon deck is far less broken then Zane original Cyber Dragon deck which can keep the same 4000 to 8000 attack point machine monster on the field through unrealistic methods. I think the Cyber Dark Dragon deck is far more balanced then the old one. I tried the Destiny Heroes but never really enjoyed them much. The only anime deck I never got to do was Alexis's but I guess her cards are so unpopular that Konami didn't even bother finishing her set.

Lorde

Jaden's deck is very luck based. I don't know many who can really pull the Neo Spacian deck off much. The Elemental Heroes are much easier and they are luck based too. The Cyber Dark Dragon deck is far less broken then Zane original Cyber Dragon deck which can keep the same 4000 to 8000 attack point machine monster on the field through unrealistic methods. I think the Cyber Dark Dragon deck is far more balanced then the old one. I tried the Destiny Heroes but never really enjoyed them much. The only anime deck I never got to do was Alexis's but I guess her cards are so unpopular that Konami didn't even bother finishing her set.

The Elemental Hero deck is also sort of complicated, but I remember making a deck exactly like the one in the anime and it worked out pretty well, all things considered. I liked Aster's Destiny Hero deck even more, although I could never complete my own version of it, so it was also weaker than the one in the anime. A shame too, since I liked those Destiny Hero cards. Alexis had an interesting deck and I hated how only a few of her cards were released. Sexism!

Lorde

I wanted some of the main characters from the original series to make a few eps.

So did I, but it looks like only a few of them ever appeared. I was surprised by the Yugi versus Jaden match, though. I wanted Yugi to appear in the anime at some point and I wanted to watch him duel again, but I never thought that he'd actually duel against Jaden. I think that was a great way to end the series now that I think about it. I was always bothered by the fact that Jaden didn't have a real rival like Yugi had.