• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh GX and Decks

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Aster had a really well develped charector and his personalty was really well portrayed

I didn't like him much to be honest. He had one of the coolest decks in the entire series, but I didn't enjoy his character much. I actually preferred Jesse over him, despite him being a total Jaden-clone for most of the series. But back to Aster: I was shocked when he revealed his own Elemental Hero deck when he dueled against Zane. I thought he did a better job with his E-Hero deck than Jaden did with his own version.

Season 2 was not amazing. Too much filler duels, starring Judai and his One-Shot cards. If they are going to make it filler, then let Kenzan, Sho or Asuka duel. I prefer Dinosaurs, Droids and Cyber Girls much more then Neo Spacians.

And the only good thing with Saiou, was the Tarot cards.

Are you kidding me!? There was barely any filler. Plus I loved the Domino City arc.

It's just...season 1 had too many filler, season 3, like platinum fan said was extremely disorganized, and I haven't seen season 4. Therefore making season 2 the best season

Crawley007

Are you kidding me!? There was barely any filler. Plus I loved the Domino City arc.

It's just...season 1 had too many filler, season 3, like platinum fan said was extremely disorganized, and I haven't seen season 4. Therefore making season 2 the best season

Season 1 did have the most filler but I agree, I'm re watching season 2 right now and it does also have quite a bit of filler...not as much though.

Khybon

Rub My Belly?
Season 4 was the best of them All. No filler and straight to hte plot. it was perfect. That and Syrus has some major Character Development

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I didn't like him much to be honest. He had one of the coolest decks in the entire series, but I didn't enjoy his character much. I actually preferred Jesse over him, despite him being a total Jaden-clone for most of the series. But back to Aster: I was shocked when he revealed his own Elemental Hero deck when he dueled against Zane. I thought he did a better job with his E-Hero deck than Jaden did with his own version.

Aster Phoenix was alright despite his lame 4kids dub name. His character lost meaning after season 2 and they put him in season 3 for whatever reason. Season 4 actually did something with his character even if it was for two episodes. Aster did better against Zane because his main Elemental Hero fusion Elemental Hero Phoenix Inforcer or whatever it was called couldn't be destroyed in battle and Aster worked a plan around it. Though I found it amusing how quickly Aster abandoned the E-Heroes when he debuted the D-Heroes. I also remember him dueling in private with that deck, rarely showing it to others but after his duel with Jaden he just used it whenever.

jazz189

I won't say anything about Yusei or Aki because they got screwed, but Jack did not do a sudden 180. In the Fortune Cup, Jack thought he was the best, but he wasn't because he was used by Godwin. Then Carly comes, and wants him to show that he can be a much better King then he was before, and she showed him that. And she wasn't his girlfriend. Carly helped Jack, so he could go on the right track, and I think the Jack VS Carly duel was brilliant. Now Jack isn't a lonely man, now he actually cares. Carly cared for Jack, and Jack cared for her at the end of Dark Signers. I don't want to talk about the WRPG arc because you can blame that on Yoshida, if we're talking Jack-Carly relationship.

Carly should have stayed dead after Dark Signers, along with everyone else, especially Kiryu. If he stayed dead, then we get no Crashtown arc.

If it was one person who did a sudden 180, it is Judai. He went from a loveable goof to a wannabe Atem/Yami-dude. Some other characters I think got nice character devolpment, was Chronos. He went from a hater, to a lover, and his concern for the students changed.

@Electrivire Addict: Judai VS A guy with a Question Deck wasn't filler? Judai VS a guy with ninjas wasn't filler? I do agree that Season 1 had lots of fillers though.

I still would say that's a complete 180 considering that it happened in just one episode. And yeah according tho Jack's profile he was in love with Carly, after one episode of being together. It it had been more gradual with him getting used to the fact that his life was completely different them maybe it would have been better. I mean look at Kaiba he never came around from that, and Manjoume took 4 seasons before he could really grow up.

Carly by the way comes back to life along with all of the other dark signers, they all should have stayed dead.

I'd like to see how you'd end up if your psychopathic hermaphrodite yandere ex came back from seemingly death and started messing with all your friends, accumulating up to one of said friends sacrificing themselves to basically save you, and everyone else in your school. Said Yandere ex is just after you, making that essentially your fault. Adding up to that you're teachers start getting on your case for not being responsible or serious enough, and you realize they're right cause everything was essentially your fault anyway. Realizing that you face your demons you go after it only to have some of your friends follow in an attempt to help you end up dying because you're too busy ignoring them in search of the friend you lost. Oh and as they die they all curse you, except for one (Sho) whose still alive, and now hates your guts. So you finally break apart, and in your grief you realize that being evil might just be a hell of a lot easier. You find out about a super card that you need to make much sacrifices in order to get, so you commit genocide.

Things are going great!, except two more friends sacrifice their lives to turn you away from a life of evil. Now you've got another two deaths that you're responsible for but you've got no time to grieve. You then meet up with some of your other friends that followed you and none of them are understanding to your plight, especially the one that looked up to you. Later on your senior gets into a duel, which he knows will kill him and before he dies he slaps you on the back and tells you grow up before he dies of a heart attack. So you finally get it together and face your psychopathic hermaphrodite yandere ex, who tells you (and shows you) that their current behavior really is your fault. And you realizing that you have to set things right, use the card (that you committed a genocide to get, and are afraid of using). Then you go off to fight a war on your own, for a few months. And when you come back everything is back the way it was when you left, and most of your friends don't remember what happened in the dark world.

But hey everything okay!

Seriously Judai goes through enough emotional trauma to justify his change in personality.

Last edited:

Lorde

Aster Phoenix was alright despite his lame 4kids dub name. His character lost meaning after season 2 and they put him in season 3 for whatever reason. Season 4 actually did something with his character even if it was for two episodes. Aster did better against Zane because his main Elemental Hero fusion Elemental Hero Phoenix Inforcer or whatever it was called couldn't be destroyed in battle and Aster worked a plan around it. Though I found it amusing how quickly Aster abandoned the E-Heroes when he debuted the D-Heroes. I also remember him dueling in private with that deck, rarely showing it to others but after his duel with Jaden he just used it whenever.

I still giggle at his dub name. They could have easily kept his Japanese name or changed it a bit, but they decided to go that extra mile and they gave him a completely new name that sounded terrible. He was all right, though. I never really cared much for characters like him, but his deck was awesome. And season 4 was practically flawless in my opinion. Everything flowed well and the lack of filler made it a really good arc. Fujiwara and Darkness were also really interesting.

jazz189

I still giggle at his dub name. They could have easily kept his Japanese name or changed it a bit, but they decided to go that extra mile and they gave him a completely new name that sounded terrible. He was all right, though. I never really cared much for characters like him, but his deck was awesome. And season 4 was practically flawless in my opinion. Everything flowed well and the lack of filler made it a really good arc. Fujiwara and Darkness were also really interesting.

If you want to talk about unfortunate implications from in dub name changes.

You should look up who Jesse Anderson is... and laugh at 4Kids's fail.

@Electrivire Addict: Judai VS A guy with a Question Deck wasn't filler? Judai VS a guy with ninjas wasn't filler? I do agree that Season 1 had lots of fillers though.

Okay I said BARELY any fillers, not no fillers at all. Plus those duels were entertaining. And they aren't exactly fillers because they related to the main plot of Sartorious trying to recruit Jayden to the society of light

Lorde

If you want to talk about unfortunate implications from in dub name changes.

You should look up who Jesse Anderson is... and laugh at 4Kids's fail.

Eww. Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This is 4kids we're talking about, after all. I didn't like Jesse's dub voice but I loved his Japanese voice. I also loved how he trolled Jaden during their first duel. You know, when he said he was going to summon Rainbow Dragon but then admitted that he didn't even have the card. That was priceless haha. I wish there had been more characters like him in this series. It would've made things a lot more exciting, IMO.

I don't like referring to people in their Japanese names, it kind of annoys me because it's harder to remember. I personally don't care for their english names though

Lorde

I don't like referring to people in their Japanese names, it kind of annoys me because it's harder to remember. I personally don't care for their english names though

It's the same thing in my opinion. Japanese names are pretty easy to remember once you've seen them enough times. I only use the Japanese names when no English name exists, as is the case with Fujiwara since Season 4 of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime was never dubbed and probably never will be dubbed. It's sad that my favorite arc is going to remain undubbed, but at least that means that 4kids can't mess it up :s

It's the same thing in my opinion. Japanese names are pretty easy to remember once you've seen them enough times. I only use the Japanese names when no English name exists, as is the case with Fujiwara since Season 4 of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime was never dubbed and probably never will be dubbed. It's sad that my favorite arc is going to remain undubbed, but at least that means that 4kids can't mess it up :s
Yeah I do the same too. I really hate when people use Japanese names because I feel the only reason they do that is to spite 4Kids.

But I don't like watching the show in Japanese. I actually like what 4Kids has done with the show. I watched the Supreme King Arc subbed, and it seemed really dark and depressing. I didn't really like that. I like watching the show in English because I find it more relaxing and entertaining and less heavy. Because to me, that's not what yugioh is about.

I dunno, maybe I'm just so used to the 4kids dub that it felt like a change to me and I wasn't used to it

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I pretty much dislike all the 4kids names for the dub. The only ones I find bearable are Zane, Alexis, Jaden...I think that might be it. The reason I used the dub names is because there might be some on here that don't know them by their original cooler Japanese names. I always disliked Johan's dub name of Jesse. I don't know which I dislike more Jesse's or Aster's. They could have just called Edo Phoenix, Ed Phoenix. Aster sounds like he's old and creepy.

I'm glad season 4 won't be dubbed by 4kids. I always dreaded how they would screw that arc up like they did season 2 and 3. They actually did a somewhat okay job with season 1...somewhat, it was still bad but season 2 and 3 were so lame I had to force myself to finish the dub version of season 3 only because I was such a loyal GX fan. Only bad thing about that is half the fanbase won't know of season 4 unless they have computers.

I'll admit, 4kids really ruined season 3. Especially HOW THEY CHANGED HOW VIPER'S KID DIED. They didn't say he got hit by a bus, they only implied he got sick or something. I was like...wtf. But I didn't really follow season 2's Japanese version that well. How did they change it?

Lorde

Edward Phoenix would've sounded 100 times better than Aster Phoenix. I also disliked the names Chazz, Bastion and Syrus. The last one isn't too bad, but there's still something about it that bothers me. 4kids really does love to give the characters terrible names. But yeah, I just remembered the anime's English theme song. I hated it. I really thought they could've gone with something better.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Chazz it up chants suck compared to Manjyome Thunder chants! I remember back when I was in high school I use to chant it a bit because I found it so catchy, in the words of good ole Iris I was "such a kid" back then XD but Edward Phoenix sounds cool. I dislike Aster Phoenix's name. I remember the funny fansubs of Gx where they made fun of his name by calling him Jack A**ter Phoenix.

As for Viper/Cobra's son and how they changed it, his entire story and resolve was changed. He originally falls to his death while being blinded by a illusion of his son and in the 4kids version he "disappears" probably got "sent to the stars" which is even lamer then the Shadow Realm.

I'll agree, Chazz was a terrible name. Like when he addressed himself as "The Chazz" insttead of "Manjyome Thunder"...it just doesn't work.

But I liked Aster Pheonix, it had a ring to it. Edward Pheonix just seems weird.

And I remember that Platinum fan! I would have brought that up if I remembered.

But yeah, the Shadow Realm was at least cool, "send to the stars" is just retarded

Lorde

I honestly never noticed that they changed it to "sent to the stars". I remember when they would just use "the Shadow Realm". I didn't love it, but it sounded a lot better. I think I understand why they changed it, though. Not many characters even knew what the Shadow Realm was, so using that term in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX would've made little sense. That's how I see it, at least.