• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh GX and Decks

I honestly never noticed that they changed it to "sent to the stars". I remember when they would just use "the Shadow Realm". I didn't love it, but it sounded a lot better. I think I understand why they changed it, though. Not many characters even knew what the Shadow Realm was, so using that term in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX would've made little sense. That's how I see it, at least.

Yeah exactly, they just wanted to coin a new term for dying because it was a new show.

But I don't understand, if in the Japanese version of the dub of the original show, when Mai and Bakura died, how did they come back?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
What sucks about Viper/Cobra 4kids wise is you don't know what happens to him. Since he's really dead in the original there is no way around it other then making him disappear but where did he disappear too? It's never even confirmed and he's never mentioned again despite being a major character for the first half of season 3. In the original we know why they rarely talk about him, because he's dead! Here he's just a taboo for no reason.

I actually was never bothered by the Shadow Realm bits because with all the dark forces running around the Yu-gi-oh world it was at least believable to a extent, though some situations made it hard to follow like the dark energy disk instead of having your legs cut off, but the "sent to the stars" angle was just plain silly. It didn't even sound scary, it sounded almost peaceful being in the stars.

What sucks about Viper/Cobra 4kids wise is you don't know what happens to him. Since he's really dead in the original there is no way around it other then making him disappear but where did he disappear too? It's never even confirmed and he's never mentioned again despite being a major character for the first half of season 3. In the original we know why they rarely talk about him, because he's dead! Here he's just a taboo for no reason.

I actually was never bothered by the Shadow Realm bits because with all the dark forces running around the Yu-gi-oh world it was at least believable to a extent, though some situations made it hard to follow like the dark energy disk instead of having your legs cut off, but the "sent to the stars" angle was just plain silly. It didn't even sound scary, it sounded almost peaceful being in the stars.
What's worse than the dark energy disk is when you fall off a building you don't DIE from impact, you get sent to the shadow realm. But I think with sending to the stars, they still implied death, they just said "sent to the stars" instead of dying.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The whole Viper thing was really sad. I know that he was a villain at the start of Season 3, but it was sad to see him being manipulated by an illusion of his dead son. I wish he had survived for a while longer at least. I just feel bad that he had to die, especially since his Venom deck was really interesting. I built one like his, but I couldn't use it as effectively.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
What's worse than the dark energy disk is when you fall off a building you don't DIE from impact, you get sent to the shadow realm. But I think with sending to the stars, they still implied death, they just said "sent to the stars" instead of dying.

I forgot about the building one. Oh yeah, they make it clear you will never reach the bottom because you'll land in the Shadow Realm. A portal just happens to be underneath what would normally be a 5oth foot or so fall.

Shadow Realm really was just the 4kids version of hell without really implying it. "Sent to the stars" I guess could be counted as that too but I still think it's lame. I mean really:
Generic bad guy: Jaden, when you lose you'll be sent to the stars.
Jaden: Sweet, like famous people?
Generic bad guy: No as in "Stars"
Jaden: Your going to send me into Outer Space?
Generic bad guy: It means your going to die without really saying your going to die! It's implied! FEAR IT!!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Shadow Realm really was just the 4kids version of hell without really implying it. "Sent to the stars" I guess could be counted as that too but I still think it's lame. I mean really:
Generic bad guy: It means your going to die without really saying your going to die! It's implied! FEAR IT!!

Omg so damm true...saying die could have been easier...

I forgot about the building one. Oh yeah, they make it clear you will never reach the bottom because you'll land in the Shadow Realm. A portal just happens to be underneath what would normally be a 5oth foot or so fall.

Lol quoted for the truth

Lorde

I hated Yubel in the dubbed version of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Sorry, but her voice sounded a lot like Alexis's voice and if I weren't looking at the screen, I'd probably mistake Yubel for Alexis. I loved Yubel's voice in the original version because it fit the character a whole lot more. I also really liked Yubel's deck, although I still need to work on my variation of it. Yubel was probably the most interesting villain in this series.

I hated Yubel in the dubbed version of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Sorry, but her voice sounded a lot like Alexis's voice and if I weren't looking at the screen, I'd probably mistake Yubel for Alexis. I loved Yubel's voice in the original version because it fit the character a whole lot more. I also really liked Yubel's deck, although I still need to work on my variation of it. Yubel was probably the most interesting villain in this series.

Meh, I personally preferred Sartorious. Except Yubel was the most creative

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yubel popped in and out of the season and half the time she dueled through someone else like Viper/Cobra, Martin/Marcel, Johan/Jesse, however she never actually took control of Viper/Cobra duel wise. Yubel was alright, I too did not like her dub voice. She sounded like a kid opposed to that creepy voice from the original. I thought her exposing Adrian/Amon's true dark side was cool. It was a shame her deck was only used for one duel against Jaden. I have to admit I don't think I ever really knew what Yubel was trying to really achieve. The villain of season 1 (forgot his name due to his lack of appearances) wanted the sacred beast, Saiou/Sartorious wanted to brainwash the planet with the society of light by any means even with a satellite, and Yubel just wanted Jaden's love I think? I don't remember, that's how cut off I am from season 3.

jazz189

I think she wanted to isolate Jaden from everyone else so she can be alone with him

yeah that was her main motivation in japanese version as well as causing him as much as possible because according to Yubel pain= love and sharing the pain of the one you love is even better (you can kinda see why they cut that out). By the way the reason why Yubel took over Johan's body in the Japanese version? She thought that Judai loved him more (yeah.....).

On thing about GX is that it was really easy to take the villains seriously because they actually backed up their words with action.

Last edited:
yeah that was her main motivation in japanese version as well as causing him as much as possible because according to Yubel pain= love and sharing the pain of the one you love is even better (you can kinda see why they cut that out). By the way the reason why Yubel took over Johan's body in the Japanese version? She thought that Judai loved him more (yeah.....).

On thing about GX is that it was really easy to take the villains seriously because they actually backed up their words with action.

But I think that was also in the English version. But I agree with you. Apart from the season 1 villain (don't remember his name), the villains of GX were awesome

jazz189

But I think that was also in the English version. But I agree with you. Apart from the season 1 villain (don't remember his name), the villains of GX were awesome

Actually I think she just wanted to play with him in the english version which sounded just as bad. I think what made the GX villains awesome (apart from the season 1 villains) was the fact that they actually did back Judai into a corner.

Lorde

Yubel wasn't as annoying as some of the other villains, and I think she was a lot more creative since she changed the very setting of the story. I liked her final duel with Jaden, although I hated the dub version since everything ended in a cliffhanger. I thought that they'd at least show that Jaden survived, but they didn't. The anime just ended with everyone at Duel Academy looking depressed that Jaden never returned.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
To bad Amnael wasn't the final villain of season 1, I liked him more then the old guy who became young using the sacred beast cards. As much as I loved that duel I always laugh at the dub part when Amnael told Jaden all his duels were rigged. That made no sense at all, how were they rigged, and if they were his opponents sure as heck weren't in on it. That's 4kids for you. But the Amnael duel was awesome, especially when Jaden summons that gold Elemental Hero at the end, I forget its name but it was a cool E-Hero.

As for Yubel, I just couldn't get over how she sounded so childlike in the dub even worse they cut out the parts where she changes voices from a creepy female to a creepy male with a deep voice. That was creepy.

Lorde

I was sad when Professor Banner died. Well, I guess he was already dead in a sense, but learning the truth about him was sad. I always thought he was a nice guy, but learning that he had done experiments to extend his life was weird. I loved his duel with Jaden, though. I loved how the last part took place in a location similar to space. I actually have most of his released cards; I'm just missing Helios Trice Megistus.

;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;;191;View attachment 2815 my favorite is jaden (duh) and i have a ancient gear deck LONG LIVE CROWLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;025;