• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Help Thread - Staples as of September 1, 2009

cybermew

A la lune!
That's September the first for you Americans.

Right. Here is a list of cards that should be in every deck, or at least considered.

Main Deck

Heavy Storm (Limited)
Brain Control (Limited)
Mystical Space Typhoon (Limited)
Mirror Force (Limited)
Torrential Tribute (Limited)
Trap Dustshoot (Limited)
Call of the Haunted (Limited)
Bottomless Trap Hole (Semi - Limited)
Solemn Judgment (Limited)

Extra Deck

Stardust Dragon
Goyo Guardian
Colossal Fighter
Black Rose Dragon (Limited)
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary (Limited in the OCG)
Ally of Justic Catastor

Changed as of January 3rd, 2010.

Last edited:

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Catastor is kind of big, since it's a Lightsworn/anything else killer.

cybermew

A la lune!
LOL LRN2PLAY

Solemn may be limited, but it still is a great card. Negates pesky JDs, DADs, SDDs, among others.

L2P.

Don't be an idiot. Solemn is a take it or leave it card that is not a staple any more, nor has it been since the GB Format. It should not be your first choice in every deck, and to be honest, is not worth it in Blackwings or Lightsworn.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
I think Solemn should be included regardless.

Not staple anymore, but like you said in your first post, "at least considered".

cybermew

A la lune!
I think Solemn should be included regardless.

Not staple anymore, but like you said in your first post, "at least considered".

It's not a staple as far as I'm concerned.

Solemn is nowhere near as good as it once was, and belongs in barely any of the top decks.

cybermew

A la lune!
Fgs.

I'll put it on.

I don't even know why you're arguing about this, it's a thread for noobs to use as a reference, and noobs don't know how to use Solemn.

But whatever.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
I'd rather educate a monkey.

SAL.jpg

Yeah.

Calm down now :p

Solemn is a good card, I didn't say it was staple, I just said it should always be considered.

And if you don't want to teach noobs how to use it, that's not our fault or the noobs :p

No complaining! XD haha

Mikau

Better then you
This game isn't my thing anymore but I think you guys mean newb. A noob would try and run three in a tourney and get DQ'd because it's at one I believe. That and you can atleast educate a newb and probably make him/her a better player.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
This game isn't my thing anymore but I think you guys mean newb. A noob would try and run three in a tourney and get DQ'd because it's at one I believe. That and you can atleast educate a newb and probably make him/her a better player.

Noob: Someone who shoulda learned how to play, but fails to learn from their mistakes and sucks horribly.

Newb: Someone new to the game who has a lot to learn but has potential.

I assumed we were talking about Newbs. If we are talking about noobs, then they dont even see why Solemn is so good, they're more afraid about losing the life points than anything.