1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yugioh Zexal

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by cohenmarioman, Dec 14, 2010.

1. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Well-Known Member

New upcoming series, speculation goes here.

2. deathseer

deathseer Oh, u mad bro?

And here I though that Yu-Gi-Oh! would end with 5Ds. Oh well

Looks like it has taken the Pokemon route. Milk the franchise as much as you can to promote the game. All the while having a soul-less cash cow at the forefront of the series.

3. cohenmarioman

Hold up there, Yusei had no soul, Yuma on the other hand ... seems pretty energetic. He reminds me of Jaden, with a bit of Yugi. Of course he was designed by Kaz, so the hairstyle is crazy too.

[​IMG]

4. Jorah

Jorah What do I put here?

That hairstyle is ugly. Zexal sounds like a horrible name but I'm not going to judge a series on it's horrible name. I'll wait for an actual summary to form any real opinion on it. The character design is hideous though.

5. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Card games on.....Airplane maybe?

6. deathseer

deathseer Oh, u mad bro?

Nah, I'm calling Card Games while Skydiving.

That sounds much more metal.

7. Jorah

A name like Zexal could only mean that they're going to lay in outer space or somewhere near there. That's the only thing that can top dueling while riding on motorcycles.

8. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Card games on the moon maybe? Hmm....why is the still called "Yugioh" id yugi is not even in it, shouldn't it be called "Duel Monsters"?

9. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Yu-Gi-Oh means King of Games. Yugi's name was a pun on the title, just like how Ash's last name was a pun on "Catch 'Em".

Anyway, I have no interest in Zexal. I dropped GX half-way through and I only watched the occasional episodes of 5D's. Heck, I didn't even watch Season 4 of the original series.

Filler bores me, and to be honest, these spin-off Yu-Gi-Oh shows are all filler. At least the Pokemon Anime is based off of the new video games. This is just original content created by some producers who want to milk a franchise five years after it peaked.

10. cohenmarioman

11. Jorah

That doesn't seem like the moon to me but whatever. It's just one scan. Anyway, the character designs are really starnge to say the least. I thought that 5D's had some strange ones but right now this series takes the cake completely.

12. garfield15

garfield15 Digi/Pokemon lover

And somehow in this modern society of five years later, the cards are still selling. How dare they make more promotion.

13. cohenmarioman

Yo Garfield15.

His catchphrase makes no sense, the only explanation is he was on Salvia his first day of school. In the picture, he seems to be trying to find what he is best at, and he first tries swimming.

14. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

WAT.

Same here. I stopped watching Yu-Gi-Oh! about a season and a half into GX, where most of the main characters started changing their uniform colours. I lost track of what was going on and then realized that I no longer cared.

OMG WHAT IS THAT I DON'T EVEN.

I don't know who this Kaz guy is but the drawing in the lower right of that image looks like some OC that they decided to take seriously and create a series about.

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

For a minute there, I actually thought that the main character was a girl. He looks ridiculous; moreso than Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei. I just think they went crazy with his hair and his accessories as well. Anyway, I'm hoping that this'll be a return to the basics. I was disappointed by the Turbo Duels in 5Ds, so I really hope they tone things down to regular duels again.

16. garfield15

garfield15 Digi/Pokemon lover

Hey cohen.

So, I think it's Yusei's hair just with a big-*** spike in the middle.

17. cohenmarioman

Kaz is Kazuki Takahashi, the series creator. I trust his style, and love it so much. Yoshida is in charge of series production, along with some others. Unlike Beyblade, these guys have experience, and will give it a great story and make it worth it.

The character design is crazy, but is it as crazy as Yugi's was? Or Joey's large table top style?

Garfield, go join janime.eu that it exploding with speculation.

I just looked over the scan, does he jump onto the high board and fling his shirt off in that short a time? Weird kid, that is all I will say. His catchphrase is most likely "Fire it up" or something to that effect, he probably uses fire deck.

18. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

I can forgive the main character. I can forgive the chick. But that rival's design is simply ridiculous. I can already see Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series making fun of him (if it's supposed to be male?).

19. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Zeal, not Zale ;)

anyway,
    main character's name is Tsukumo Yuma.
    spirit's name is Astral
    rival's name is Ryouga
    girl's name is not known yet

20. cohenmarioman

No, it is Zale. Slifer and her sources confirm it to be Zale like the jewelry store.

Name is Yuma Tsukumo, rival's name is Ryougo ... (last name unknown) and the girl is we have no idea. I suppose from the manga strip we have seen, Yuma runs up the high dive and flings his shirt off, seeing if he is good at diving. The guy up there throws him off, and that is all I have so far.

This kids is a wise guy, kinda like when I was younger.