• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yugioh Zexal

A Fire deck would be pretty awesome if you ask me. But I have a feeling that the main protagonist character will be using a deck featuring a brand-new series of cards. Jaden got an E-Hero deck and Yusei got a Junk deck, so I'm sure this new guy will get some new cards like those two other guys got.

That's exactly what I said about the character designs from Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds when I saw them for the first time. I got used to them after a few episodes though, so I'm sure I'll get used to these character designs as well, over time. I usually pay more attention to the cards anyway, so character designs aren't my main focus.

Actually I find the designs of the 5D's characters pretty good. Yusei looks cool, despite his hair and I think and Jack looks great as a rival. Aki is just beautiful.

cohenmarioman

This will never droop to Pokemon level. Kazhas quite frankly the best designs out of any artist I have seen, and gives animators such a tough time, he recently apologized for it. You just gotta know what you are getting into with Yugioh, crazy designs are the norm. There is nothing different between Yusei, Yugi, and Yuma, except their stature.

kusari

Raptastic
5Ds brought some interesting designs. And you have to have brain damage to not see how amazing Aki looks.
damn straight

This will never droop to Pokemon level. Kazhas quite frankly the best designs out of any artist I have seen, and gives animators such a tough time, he recently apologized for it. You just gotta know what you are getting into with Yugioh, crazy designs are the norm. There is nothing different between Yusei, Yugi, and Yuma, except their stature.
and their personalities.

personally if Yuma does have a fire deck, i'm quitting the anime altogether. the main character uses a fire deck and introduces a style of summoning where one card is placed over another card. it's just too much like duel masters.

GaZsTiC

Alternating

While I disagree about him being the best designer, I do have to say something:

Aki is a complete babe. I would.

cohenmarioman

damn straight

and their personalities.

personally if Yuma does have a fire deck, i'm quitting the anime altogether. the main character uses a fire deck and introduces a style of summoning where one card is placed over another card. it's just too much like duel masters.

Pokemon has the exact same type of summoning. And what does it matter if he uses a Fire deck? His design is way better than the Duel Master kid IMO, and the story designer is more experienced.

Also, Kaz has said in a blog that some of his designs were jokes he felt like expanding on.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Even though Yu-Gi-Oh! doesn't really base its animation around movement (For lack of a better way to phrase it), I wouldn't mind them sacrificing these kinds of character design for more fluid animation.

Jorah

What do I put here?
... Have you seen the good animators of Yugioh? I assume not.

No, not really. The whole thing is really detailed and stuff but I haven't seen anything that would make me say "Wow, this episode is really fluid". The amount of CGI they use, at least in 5D's since I haven't watched GX in a while, is really off-putting to me.

cohenmarioman

Good news about that, Kaz said there wouldn't be CGI, but something more unique. I guess after making a whole movie in 3D with tones of CGI, they got sick of it. GX and DM didn't have CGI, it was new to 5Ds. It served its purpose, and Zexal won't have it.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Good news about that, Kaz said there wouldn't be CGI, but something more unique. I guess after making a whole movie in 3D with tones of CGI, they got sick of it. GX and DM didn't have CGI, it was new to 5Ds. It served its purpose, and Zexal won't have it.

Unique, huh? Maybe there will be more animation in Zexal, because from what you can see in the openings/endings, when there is loads of animation, it is really nice animation.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Unique, huh? Maybe there will be more animation in Zexal, because from what you can see in the openings/endings, when there is loads of animation, it is really nice animation.

I agree. If it can produce anything close to the openings then I will certainly be giving this series an actual chance.

kusari

Raptastic
I agree. If it can produce anything close to the openings then I will certainly be giving this series an actual chance.

i agree with this. the opening and ending animation is really awesome and we may just get that with Zexal.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
While I'm a fan of good animation just like most people, I don't think it would be the only factor that would make me want to watch this new Yu-Gi-Oh series. There would have to also be a nice soundtrack in this anime for me to go ahead and give it a chance. I recall watching 5Ds when it first premiered, and I liked the soundtrack so I gave it a chance. I hope it's a similar case with Zexal otherwise I won't watch it constantly like I've watched the other Yu-Gi-Oh series.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
While I'm a fan of good animation just like most people, I don't think it would be the only factor that would make me want to watch this new Yu-Gi-Oh series. There would have to also be a nice soundtrack in this anime for me to go ahead and give it a chance. I recall watching 5Ds when it first premiered, and I liked the soundtrack so I gave it a chance. I hope it's a similar case with Zexal otherwise I won't watch it constantly like I've watched the other Yu-Gi-Oh series.

And as long as its not too GX-y. A school slice-of-life with duelling isn't going to cut it...again.

cohenmarioman

I think the school is more of just a setting as it was in Duel Monsters. If you look at the frist issue, Rank 1 to Duel 1, they have a similar outline. The character explains some heirloom to a girl character, then a bully picks on them. Just in this case, Duel Monsters exists as a game, and Yuma doesn't know exactly how to play so much. He has about as much intelligence as Leo did in episode 13.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I think I have to like the storyline and characters to watch it and enjoy it.

I hated 5D's when it first came out, and now it's a decent series. GX I liked from the get-go. Too young to remember when Yu-Gi-Oh came out.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
And you have to have brain damage to not see how amazing Aki looks.

Aki is just beautiful.

damn straight

Aki is a complete babe. I would.

*Googles who the hell this Aki person is*

OH.

It's Kallen Kōzuki from Code Geass. But with more cleavage.

[img139]http://anime.osiristeam.net/images/others/codegeassr2_18b.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://images2.fanpop.com/image/answers/437000/437222_1268106153857.47res_500_281.jpg[/img139]

Another yugioh....just more fuel for LittleKuriboh, haven't the japanese figured out that a British Guy Dubs over this stuff xP

That's about all you know isn't it? -_- LK has an Abridged series of only the first Yu-Gi-Oh! Other people do GX and I assume 5Ds.