1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yugioh Zexal

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by cohenmarioman, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I agree. I didn't appreciate GX near the end of its run because the whole school-setting just got so boring after a while. Season 3 tried to change stuff around, but by then it was too late. I really hope that the setting for Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal is a bit different. I'd like things to go back to normal. Just a kid living in a normal life while playing card games. Then things could get complicated as time went on or whatever. So long as a school doesn't play a large part, I'm happy.

2. Lunanight

Lunanight Well-Known Member

I think it will be like The Original series where it is set near a school and the main character will be given a signature card that will hog screen-time

*Crosses Fingers for It to be like 5Ds*

*Crosses Fingers Again for it to have a bit of violence in it*

*Crosses fingers AGAIN for 4kids to not **** the dub up*

3. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Well-Known Member

Why would 4kids **** the dub up? NAS is making it very easy to dub this.

4. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Well, the dubbed version won't really bother me much since I no longer watch the dubbed versions of most anime haha. 4kids seems to get better at dubbing anime as time goes by though. The few dubbed episodes of 5Ds that I did watch were actually pretty good. I won't watch the dubbed version of Zexal as I said before, but I think the anime will be in good hands. I'm just sticking to the Japanese version of this anime since it'll air in Japan before it'll air in America. I guess I'm just really impatient :p

5. cohenmarioman

I always say you should check out the dub periodically. I wonder who will voice Yuma, perhaps Jason Griffith. Or some female voice like Eileen Stevens. Seeing as we don't have a voice to match, there is no way to guess/

6. garfield15

garfield15 Digi/Pokemon lover

7. kusari

kusari Raptastic

the Jason Griffith route is the more plausible. 4kids tries to keep the VA gender matching the character gender. the only exceptions i've seen were Ash (when 4kids had pokemon) and Luffy (when 4kids had One Piece).

indeed sir it is genius.

8. cohenmarioman

Not just that, but Jason Griffith would be a pretty cool voice for him. But seeing as we don't know what the original sounds like, we can't know for sure. However, be sure that 4kids has probably already got their hands on some episodes.

9. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I don't think 4Kids has gotten any of the Zexal episodes yet. I don't know much about how the dubbing process works, but I'm pretty sure that they don't receive any episodes until after an anime premieres in Japan. As for voices: all of the 4Kids voice actors sound the same to me, so I don't really care about which VA will voice which character.

10. cohenmarioman

Not true, 4kids bought all the episodes left in 5Ds, 90, all at once. Sure some trickled in as time passed, they got started way before they aired. When 5Ds first started, 4kids got the episodes before the series premiered as well.

11. weirdamanda

weirdamanda What a drama llama.

What's this? A beautiful picture of a farmer lovingly milking his prized cow? Oh wait. It's a big suit milking a cash cow. How wonderful.

12. garfield15

garfield15 Digi/Pokemon lover

Why do people keep being surprised at these things? Obviously a cash cow that still sells is going to get more promotion.

13. cohenmarioman

lol, Kazuki actually put quite a bit of work into this one. I don't think he did a drawing like this for Yusei or Jaden.

http://pic.newwise.com/bbs_fj/day_101216/1012161840f92070924931249e.jpg

The way he draws and colors is unlike how most artists do it. The fact he did it for Yuma shows he cared enough.

14. GaZsTiC

GaZsTiC Alternating

It's in colour because its the front page. That's how mangazines have always worked.

15. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

16. cohenmarioman

17. weirdamanda

weirdamanda What a drama llama.

Because it makes him look like a guy. In some pictures he kind of looks like a girl...

Probably to make it seem slightly more new and exciting. I wish they could have left the original series alone (yeah, I'm one of those people) instead of making more and more spin offs.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  18. cohenmarioman

19. cohenmarioman

Sorry for the DP, but this is kinda a big update

We got an anime preview

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/yugioh-zexal/

I don't know, it seems more than just quality shots, that was animation, something 5Ds has lacked even in Hara episodes (yeah, shots are good, but the overall flow if off). I like it, but that is just me. I have liked it since day 2, so yeah, I am a bit biased. But at least we now have an official translation, and see how the duel disk opens up, just as I thought it would, sorta. One slot opens, and it expands.

Wait a second, are the cards using the actual background now from the real card game? That seems like a bad move, for dubbing at least.

20. Ravenous14

Ravenous14 Elite Trainer

Yugioh cards are purple with a white border on the back in the future

fantastic! hahaha

I hope these new Excess summons or whatever change the game on a good scale, like synchros in 5D's

maybe something the equivelant of DSF greatness lol (doubt it)