1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yugioh Zexal

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by cohenmarioman, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So Yuma is the name of the main protagonist in this series eh? I guess I must have missed that. I remember thinking that Yusei wasn't very interest-looking when I first saw him, but he got a bit more interesting as time went on. Yuma looks like he has a bit more personality than Yusei does, so I think I'll like him a bit more. As for the animation: I was expecting something more advanced, but it looks like we're getting more of the same. I guess it isn't a major issue, but I would have liked something more.

2. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Well-Known Member

This is the extended preview.

http://ani.tv/yugioh-zexal/

This is the one that aired during Jump Festa. There are for some reason 2 playing at once, so either pause one, or ignore the sound.

3. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

Saw the preview, it was very interesting. The main character's monster looks cool. And the new duel disk.

4. garfield15

garfield15 Digi/Pokemon lover

-Everybody uses a scouter in a duel
    -The Duel Disc is in two parts. Arm part and panel part. Very slick
    -The other three enemies look ridiculous. Especially the one with the bugged out eyes.
    -There is another girl with a scouter on her eye. Clearly, she is going to be much cooler than the main girl and the anime will not focus on her because derpity-doo.
    -The cards have the actual background from the real cards.
    -Astral definitely takes over Yuuma's body.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  5. GaZsTiC

GaZsTiC Alternating

It looks like the original series and GX combined. I wonder how its going to turn out.

6. Crimsonlink

Crimsonlink Crimson Champion

I wonder what kind of trump card will Yuma will have? Yusei's is his Stardust Dragon and Junk Warrior, Judai has his E-Hero Neos and E-Hero Flame Wingman and Yugi with his Dark Magician. lol Yugi is the only one that had 1 trump card for a long time.

7. GaZsTiC

GaZsTiC Alternating

Yugi had his Dark Magician Girl, not to mention the Egyptain God Cards and his dragon...forgot its name.

8. Kurloz Makara

Kurloz Makara Red Death

I think it was called "Eye of Tomias".

So, a new Yu-Gi-Oh! series is coming out? Awesome! :D

9. cohenmarioman

Slifer the Sky Dragon. Keep in mind the guy who planned out the DOMA arc in Yugioh, the one with the Dragon Knights and the Seal is also doing Zexal, and he is known to go out of the box with things. 5Ds was also mostly him, except the first 26 episodes. He was sorta forced to continue what the other guy set up, which is why most of 5Ds goes everywhere. And executive meddling. Lets just hope since he is starting Zexal off, it will be good. His name is Yoshida.

10. GaZsTiC

GaZsTiC Alternating

Yeah! That's the name. I completely forgot...that arc was pretty awful.

11. cohenmarioman

Well, to give credit to Shin Yoshida, he was kinda thrusted into that one as well. He had to make it fit into the incoming Memory World Arc, which is why Atlantis took over the tablet itself. It was very odd in that respect. Yoshida is a good writer, he just gets send in the middle of things. Zexal is different, he is doing the whole thing from start to (hopefully if good) finish.

12. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Well, I would assume that it would be average then. The original Yu-Gi-Oh series was excellent and then the Yu-Gi-Oh GX series was sort of bad. You combine those two anime and the anime that they form would be in the middle somewhere. Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal looks really cool from the previews that we've seen so far, so I would hate for it to just be in the middle.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rival character a bit more than the protagonist. The Yu-Gi-Oh rivals are always something else, so here's hoping for a great rival in this series.

13. Yankees4life

Yankees4life RONALDO!!!

Oh looky here, ANOTHER YGO cast change. AND this looks promising the OS was good, the GX was great, 5DS were decent, I'm gonna embrace it

14. cohenmarioman

Yuma has a sister, a mother, and a grandmother, but his father is either missing or dead, and no grandfather or brothers.

15. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

I don't know much about this new Yu-gi-oh series. It's been awhile since I went on a Yu-gi-oh site like Janime so I'm just learning about this new Yu-gi-oh series. I don't know what to think, I liked the original Yu-gi-oh series for the most part. Yu-gi-oh GX was awesome the first two seasons, then came season three and I lost interest in the plot after that. I'm on and off again with 5D's, it has some good character's like Jack, Aki, the twins, Yusei and such but sometimes It's not as interesting so I'll be sure to be on the look out for this new series. I'm just shocked 5D's is ending already. Feels like yesterday it first came on but it has been running for awhile now I guess.

16. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

umm, Yugi's Legendary Dragon is The Eye of Timaeus ;)

where did you got the info from?

17. cohenmarioman

Legendary Dragons weren't part of the manga, so they never mattered when it came to the Memory Arc. That is why when people refer to Yugi's dragon, they mean Osiris, better known as Slifer the Sky Dragon.

I think Garfield got that from the new trailer

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/yugioh-zexal/

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  18. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

I'm just correcting the name :p
    Besides, Gazstic already mentions the Egyptian Gods (which includes Osiris by default), so the dragon he's referring to is Timaeus.

anyway, that trailer, huh? I'll check it out then.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

While I'm glad that we seem to be getting normal duels in Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (that is to say, non-Turbo duels), I'm sure that those eyepieces that the new characters wear will play some sort of role during the duels. Maybe it was already explained, but I just missed it? Anyway, the new characters in this series seem to have the most outrageous hair styles yet! I'm not just talking about the main character either; some of the other characters shown in the previews have hair that makes Yuma's hair look sort of tame by comparison :p

20. Kurloz Makara

Kurloz Makara Red Death

WHOA. I was WAAAAAY off. That's what I get for going by the pronunciation instead of actually looking on how it's spelled. Thank you. :)