• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YveltalEX Without the Classics

DraculKuroHemming

Top Coordinator
I am new to posting in the Forums, so I hope I am posting this correctly. Anyway, on with my topic.

I am wanting to run a YveltalEX Deck. I know some of the standard cards in this are YveltalEX obviously, Yveltal (XY) for its Energy Acceleration, DarkraiEX for its Dark Void ability, and Garbotoxin to shut off other Ability-reliant decks. The thing I am looking to do however, is make a deck that is going to stay in format after August. I know in August, several sets are being taken away. Dark Claw is one I know, but Muscle Band easily fixes that. However, I don't really have any ideas on how to cover Dark Patch (the item that returns a Dark Energy to one of your Pokemon, like Yveltal's Oblivion Wing does, but in Item Form), or Junk Hunt Sableye (return two item cards, which I really can't find a way around making. I am looking to use only cards from BCR to FF, as I know for certain that NXD, DEX, DRV, and DRX are going to be taken away. I keep hearing that BCR is borderline rotation, at least from several members in my League. Two say its possible, but hard to say. One says with gusto that it isn't being removed. However, I am assuming right now that the new format after Worlds will be BCR onward. So I want to be prepared and make a YveltalEX deck that doesn't focus on the typical DarkraiEX cards like Sableye and Dark Patch. Does anyone have any ideas offhand. Even an in-format Pokemon of a different type that can use an attack similar to Junk Hunt for Colorless would help.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I'm pretty certain that it's going to be plasma-on, or maybe what alot of people are wanting in the ptc xy-on, rotation is usually 4 sets and BCR is the 4th set.

I think if your wanting to play yveltal you have 2 options, keep the deck and play extended, or think about playing yveltal in something else that can offer decent energy acceleration.