• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

zΩē (Code Geass-Based Fiction)

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Chapter 8

Chapter 8​

He stood outside the building and talked with her.

"...Delta," he decided to speak out after a moment of thinking.

"What?" she said in response.

"...what do you call yourselves?" he asked her.

"...Achilleans." she replied.

Achilleans... he thought to himself about just who the f*ck she was and what he was going to do.

"Oh, right; I haven't asked you: what's your name?" she spoke up to him.

"...Joshua." he responded.

"You know, Joshua, it's really convenient that I met you-"

"What; considering that we almost got shot in the head and burned alive just earlier today?"

"Yeah; exactly." she responded unwittingly.

She continued. "Maybe it has to do with-"

"So, why the hell are you following me?!"

"...what?" she asked nervously. She turned her head down and thought to herself. "Why are you trying to walk away from me?" she answered.

He sighed; she wouldn't stop following him.

So, where the hell am I going to stay?...

"What do you think might have happened to my sister?" he asked, trying to give a kind tone.

"...I don't know." she replied.

...F*CK.

"...so, why the f*ck were they following us?" he asked her.

"Hm... I think they were after you because you resemble your father closely..."

The f*ck?! How does she know who my dad is?!

"I heard he did something."

He looked on at her silently.

"As for me... I don't really know why they're after me."

"Well; that's just really f*cking helpful." he said responsively.

"Really?"

He remained silent for a moment; he wanted to determine whether or not she had sufficient common sense for the cognisance of even the simplest type of device in common rhetoric as a sarcastic tonality.

"...really."

"Oh; you're welcome. I thought for a moment you were kidding."

Ugh...

He gripped his left arm; it was still bleeding. He began to feel extremely fatigued. He burst out suddenly.

"F*CKING-"

He beat his head against the jagged concrete brick-and-mortar wall repetitively.

She looked at him confusedly.

How could I just let her get taken away from me?! F*ck! I should've been with her right after - no; even while - I heard the first shot this morning! Taking care of her was... my... responsibility.

The entire upper right side of his face was bleeding.

"Are you okay?" she asked him unawarely.

It hurt severely. He looked at her and said nothing. They kept walking.

Chapter Closed.​

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
Chapters 07 & 08

Just stick to “Me.”

I saw my skull crack open

How?

I was pretty confused as to what was going on in this chapter. Mainly speaking about the Zoe scene though. She simply came and left pretty quickly. It was weird.

Still don’t see the importance of most of these other character right now outside of Joshua, Him, and the other guy. I want to say “Me.” You should attempt to remind the reader as to who Delta is since, well, you never introduced her via name before and it’s been a while since we went into Josh’s POV.