• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zangoose Or Seviper!

TheSilentBang

Im An OxyMoron!
Well title says it all, Zangoose was ruby only. Seviper was Sapphire only. (Or the other way round? XD)

But the real question is who do you like more?

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Going with Zangoose. Great stats, great design and great moves made it a solid choice for me.

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
Zangoose is always a great choice when you are playin the game. Early game pickup is so crazy.

Scaldaver

Limitless
During Emerald there was a Beauty Jessica with a wickedly powerful Seviper who was easily rematchable... so I suppose Seviper.

Kalosian

So long
I have always liked Zangoose better. I am not a huge fan of snakes (although I kinda like Seviper a bit as well) but I like cat ferrets, so Zangoose is my choice.

Cutty

Forever now
Zangoose has a boring design imo, and I'm not into normal pokemon that much. Seviper has always been my fave, it's cooler and meaner.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
I've never been a big fan of either of them, but I do prefer Seviper. The only reason is that Jessie's Seviper was with her when I first started watching the anime.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seviper simply because I liked its design. I thought Zangoose looked kind of boring, but I still went through the trouble of buying Ruby version to get one for Pokedex purposes lol.

golduck#1

Originally I liked Zangoose better but now that I like the more unique Pokemon (well generally) and have thought about Seviper I do like it more. Same goes with Shiftry and Ludicolo. Loved Shiftry, watched the anime found out how cool and unique Ludicolo kinda was and liked him more.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Seviper is one of the coolest Poison types in my opinion. Zangoose isn't bad but between these two I'll go with Seviper hands down.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
I love both of them, but I find Seviper's design to be a tad more interesting than Zangoose's. I've never used a Seviper, really (Ruby player here) but I remember going against one in-game and it was pretty tough. Zangoose is tough as well with its Attack stat. The wild Zangoose that you battle have Swords Dance and they can wipe out your team if you're training in the area and aren't careful. x.x

ashiemore

I would definitely have to go with Seviper. I mostly like it better because it's Poison type whereas Zangoose is just Normal-type. Seviper an learn Toxic and other poisoning moves that give it a clear advantage over zangoose.

~ashiemore

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Zangoose. It just looks like something that could easily tear in half anything that crosses its path.

Also, that "M" on its chest reminds me of Dragonball Z, which is never a bad thing.

If we're talking in-battle, my choice remains the same. Seviper is an extremely dull Pokemon when it comes to stats, abilities, and moves. I find Zangoose much more viable.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Seviper all the way >:)

Zangoose. I've never really been keen on Seviper.