• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zarude Event - Reminder to check your Pokemon.com email settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyranatarGojira

This is pretty frustrating. I usually am pretty lenient to Pokémon on a lot of their mistakes but why distribute a mon in a way that hasn’t worked out great in the past? I’m signed up for the newsletter and got nothing.
Yeah, same here. Heck, I'd like the newsletter in general. And I swear I was signed up for it before, but when I went back in when this event was announced and had to re enable that.
I can’t completely blame Pokémon since COVID may have at least been partly responsible, though I also think the website needs some sort of update since a lot of t he problems come from the it not recognizing people confirming their communications feature to receive the newsletter
Covid would be a issue if this was a store distribution or a physical newsletter they mailed to you. This isn't. This is the sort of thing that shouldn't require that much going into the office if any, or that many people to set up.

And from what I've read this isn't the first time that distributions via newsletter had this issue, and those all greatly predate Covid, so it falls flat on it's face for me.
t’s kind of funny though since with the way the German codes are handled it feels like Zarude went from the most sought out mythical pokémon to the most common one
Only if you get the method to work. I couldn't. Looks like I'm down to hoping they run Zarude again, someone is willing to trade, or some nice person gives me a German code.
Why do I need to do sneaking stuff and use vpn and stuff like that? Seriously. I dont even care about completing the Pokedex, but all plakyers are equal and should be treated the same. We all bought this game and are dedicated fans. They have convinient methods, like Mystery gifts, that work perfectly fine. It's 2020, not 1990. Why do I need to go to a store to get a code ? Dam
Well the motivation is partially to encourage you to go to the store, or in this case to sign up for the newsletter. HOWEVER that requires they have their **** together and actually send you the newsletter. Otherwise you just end up pissed off, and not liking that you jumped through hoops and got nothing. Again, if you did not recieve your Zarude code via the newsletter in the states, I urge you to contact them and complain, even if you got it via a different method.

But they should have done this one via wi fi distribution or general code or something. I'm at least going to eventually be able to try a trade. But while I'm irritated, I feel bad for the kids who will have a potentially hard christmas this year, and that won't get something that at least would have been a little spot of light in it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yeah, same here. Heck, I'd like the newsletter in general. And I swear I was signed up for it before, but when I went back in when this event was announced and had to re enable that.

Covid would be a issue if this was a store distribution or a physical newsletter they mailed to you. This isn't. This is the sort of thing that shouldn't require that much going into the office if any, or that many people to set up.

And from what I've read this isn't the first time that distributions via newsletter had this issue, and those all greatly predate Covid, so it falls flat on it's face for me.

Only if you get the method to work. I couldn't. Looks like I'm down to hoping they run Zarude again, someone is willing to trade, or some nice person gives me a German code.

Well the motivation is partially to encourage you to go to the store, or in this case to sign up for the newsletter. HOWEVER that requires they have their **** together and actually send you the newsletter. Otherwise you just end up pissed off, and not liking that you jumped through hoops and got nothing. Again, if you did not recieve your Zarude code via the newsletter in the states, I urge you to contact them and complain, even if you got it via a different method.

But they should have done this one via wi fi distribution or general code or something. I'm at least going to eventually be able to try a trade. But while I'm irritated, I feel bad for the kids who will have a potentially hard christmas this year, and that won't get something that at least would have been a little spot of light in it.
Well I havent gotten the code in mail and have no store in my area. So yay me

Nyter

Island Challenger
You guys... Looks like the code giveaway for Germany ended yesterday. I tried getting more codes today and it said the last day was yesterday. So that method is no longer available. It will just take you to the online shop for all Pokemon merchandise. Sorry, I wanted to get more codes for people who needed them.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Haven't gotten the code either. Use yahoo mail, no sign of it in the spam folder. Was worried this might happen, as lately I've only gotten pokemon emails related to pokemon Go, no newsletter beyond that sort of stuff, but back when the Zarude code thing was announced I read up everything I could on the site about it repeatedly to make sure it was set up right, that I had the box checked to receive promotional emails, etc. and as far as I could tell everything was in order.

I don't even particularly like Zarude, but I am disappointed regardless. But well, I waited until the event distribution to get Melmetal, if need be I can always wait for the next time Zarude gets released and hope for better results then.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Back when I complained about the codes when they started with those, a friend mentioned that was because some stores were getting the cartridge event and selling it off which would give an infinite supply of the mythic if one has patience enough.

Still think it's silly and they should just do over wi-fi. Let people stock spare mons. The ones who do is probably only a small fraction anyway.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Well with the UK extending their newsletter codes, I think I will make more use of my VPN, change my IP to England and sign up for the UK Pokemon Trainer Newsletter to get the code that the UK will distribute in January.

Not that I need it. I have mine already but not everyone has access and so I want to help those less fortunate.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well with the UK extending their newsletter codes, I think I will make more use of my VPN, change my IP to England and sign up for the UK Pokemon Trainer Newsletter to get the code that the UK will distribute in January.

Not that I need it. I have mine already but not everyone has access and so I want to help those less fortunate.
Thankyou. Sign me up to ur help list !! haha :p

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Welp. Didn’t know the Germany thing expired yesterday. I was pretty busy and didnt have time to do it so that sucks. I guess I’ll just hold on to the hope that they redistribute for America

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast

Hopefully, the UK fairs better than those of us here in the states and they actually get their monkeys without having to jump through hoops like a Circus Zarude.

TyranatarGojira

Haven't gotten the code either. Use yahoo mail, no sign of it in the spam folder. Was worried this might happen, as lately I've only gotten pokemon emails related to pokemon Go, no newsletter beyond that sort of stuff, but back when the Zarude code thing was announced I read up everything I could on the site about it repeatedly to make sure it was set up right, that I had the box checked to receive promotional emails, etc. and as far as I could tell everything was in order.

I don't even particularly like Zarude, but I am disappointed regardless. But well, I waited until the event distribution to get Melmetal, if need be I can always wait for the next time Zarude gets released and hope for better results then.
Don't forget to complain. I'd rather not have to wait until the 30th anneversery and have something like they do... This again.

Thankyou. Sign me up to ur help list !! haha :p
Could I get in on that too? I seem... Not good at this VPN stuff.
Hopefully, the UK fairs better than those of us here in the states and they actually get their monkeys without having to jump through hoops like a Circus Zarude.
Looking at the front page...

Following issues with the lack of distribution on GAME's online store after it was announced for the UK, The Pokémon Company International have announced that European players in regions including the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy can get a code for Zarude if they sign up for the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter by December 18th. If you have done so, then a code will be sent in January
Yeah, they already did have a problem with it. And they are doing it with the same method that failed for a bunch of us.

Crimson_Blazer

No code for me, no response from customer service either. In-fact, I haven’t seen pokemon acknowledge this problem at all in the US. Now it seems like other countries had issues as well? And their solution is this newsletter that isn’t being sent out in the first place? This is the first and only email that I haven’t received from them. And it is not impossible to resend a dang newsletter. We can send encrypted currency through email but pokemon can’t resend a stock newsletter? Riiiiight

TyranatarGojira

No code for me, no response from customer service either. In-fact, I haven’t seen pokemon acknowledge this problem at all in the US. Now it seems like other countries had issues as well? And their solution is this newsletter that isn’t being sent out in the first place? This is the first and only email that I haven’t received from them. And it is not impossible to resend a dang newsletter. We can send encrypted currency through email but pokemon can’t resend a stock newsletter? Riiiiight
Like I've said, we have to send in Emails. I haven't gotten a response to mine either, but it's still been less than 24 hours. still, the more complaints, the harder it's gonna be to just ignore it.

The only other thing I can think of to try is to get something trending on Twitter.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Back when I complained about the codes when they started with those, a friend mentioned that was because some stores were getting the cartridge event and selling it off which would give an infinite supply of the mythic if one has patience enough.

Still think it's silly and they should just do over wi-fi. Let people stock spare mons. The ones who do is probably only a small fraction anyway.

That's only really an issue for the in store events. That doesn't excuse the lack of Wi-Fi events where you just connect to the internet and download the Pokemon, why they stopped doing that is utterly baffling. Not like someone can get infinite amounts of those, there's no cartridge to steal to repeatedly download the distribution, they just check whether or not you've received it and start the download.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
It is rather strange really, after all these years this is the first event pokemon I've tried to get and failed to.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So just to make it clear, the newsletter is the same kind of email they send out when promoting their store's merchandise and info on new games, right?
Yep. It's one and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.