• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zarude Event - Reminder to check your Pokemon.com email settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I should remind people to check your pokemon.com email settings, to make sure you do get your Zarude Event Code. Most Companies, including The Pokémon Company will not send you emails unless you ask for them.

More info on upcoming event is here: https://www.serebii.net/news/2020/13-November-2020.shtml

Now why am I making a thread about this?

Back in 2016 there was a series 3 Events give away for Pokemon.com email subscribers. (Legendary Hidden Ability Kanto birds: https://www.serebii.net/news/2016/06-April-2016.shtml https://www.serebii.net/events/2016.shtml ) I do remember some chats from about the someone trying to get hold said birds but didn't select the right Pokémon.com email settings. Also, during this time I discovered that one of my accounts had been unsubscribed.

I'm basically giving you a warning before it's too late.

Last time, there would be another source of Legendary Hidden Ability Kanto birds that appeared the following year, but I personally don't know when Zarude will become available again.

EDIT: This email Event is extended to European Users. https://www.serebii.net/news/2020/14-December-2020.shtml

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yep. I just double checked mine and it looks like everything is in order.

KillerDraco

For clarity, to check if you are signed up for the Newsletter:

Select "Edit Profile".
Scroll down to Marketing Preferences.
If the box is checked, you are signed up and don't have to do anything more. If it is not checked, be sure to check it now and hit save.

That's all there is to it.

Ashscot

Pokémon Trainer
I just received an email from the Pokémon Company, and clicked the link regarding the event.

It states you have until November 20th to opt in to email marketing to receive the special email for Zarude.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I have a question.

I checked my email, and it seems I just get Pokemon Go Newsletters.

I have the box that KillerDraco mentioned checked, but why have I not gotten regular Pokemon Newsletters?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I just received an email from the Pokémon Company, and clicked the link regarding the event.

It states you have until November 20th to opt in to email marketing to receive the special email for Zarude.
I haven't gotten any from them since August and I'm subscribed. Hoping it's just late.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Double checked and it's all well. I shouldn't worry as I've recieved a newsletter today but better be safe than sorry

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I checked and the last time I've gotten a Trainer Club Newsletter is from late 2019.
I'm going through Outlook, what provider are you going through? Double checked my spam folder and nada and see that I have their email already registered.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That’s odd. Hopefully you receive something.
Yea it is, just double checked and the last one was from 2018, the 2020 one is for Pokemon Center. Never unsubscribed either. I sent them a support request. Ironically enough, I got a response, so the site isn't blocked.

Thanks.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm going through Outlook, what provider are you going through? Double checked my spam folder and nada and see that I have their email already registered.
I'm using g-mail.

I already added the Pokemon email to my address book, so hopefully that will help (the official site recommended that).

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I'm using g-mail.

I already added the Pokemon email to my address book, so hopefully that will help (the official site recommended that).
Strange. I hope that does for the both of us.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I noticed that if you don't want marketing communications from Pass but want do marketing communications from other categories, no code email for you... :(

I saw on reddit about x3 vivid voltage codes from the newsletter that I didn't get, checked settings, found my reason:

Marketing preferences on ALL but ONE front were checked... MUST have ALL fronts checked, or else...

For me, the Pokemon Pass front was not checked, no codes for me so far... So I checked that, and now I wait...

^ I hope I get the Zarude email in December... Or else I might be disappointed for some odd reason, as I hate to re-register my account just to "re-subscribe" to all relevant email accounts...

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I noticed that if you don't want marketing communications from Pass but want do marketing communications from other categories, no code email for you... :(

I saw on reddit about x3 vivid voltage codes from the newsletter that I didn't get, checked settings, found my reason:

Marketing preferences on ALL but ONE front were checked... MUST have ALL fronts checked, or else...

For me, the Pokemon Pass front was not checked, no codes for me so far... So I checked that, and now I wait...

^ I hope I get the Zarude email in December... Or else I might be disappointed for some odd reason, as I hate to re-register my account just to "re-subscribe" to all relevant email accounts...
I had them checked when I had Pass. Don't have Pass now due to lack of space. But I'll re get it for a second to make sure I have everything checked. But then I'll have to delete it off again.

‐--------------------------------

Got an update from someone who works for the Pokemon Trainer Club, turns out there was an issue with people trying to subscribe to the newsletter, prior to October. So the best thing for anyone running into this problem is to unsubscribe and then resubscribe to it.

Just pinned this thread for now, so it doesn't get lost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.