• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zarude Event - Reminder to check your Pokemon.com email settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Here is a work around for those that didn't get a Zarude code. (Even if you did get a code, you should be able to get a second Zarude using this method.) I took me a few minutes to get it working, but it does work, and I now have Zarude. Reddit: "For everyone that didn't get their Zarude"
Isn't this technically illegal & won't it make your game banned from wifi stuff like trading & battling?

Either way it doesn't work since it keeps saying something went wrong. I tried using my phone with a VPN but that didn't work, then I tried using my Mac since it allows me to disable pop ups for specific sites but THAT didn't work

Last edited:

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
Been using hotmail and haven't received emails from them for a while so doubt I will be getting Zarude, guess I'll just have to hope they put available up over wifi or a universal code later one.
Although I wish they done that in the first place.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Isn't this technically illegal & won't it make your game banned from wifi stuff like trading & battling?

Either way it doesn't work since it keeps saying something went wrong. I also can't turn off add blocker because I don't know how
There is a captcha (Ya know, the "I am not a robot" thing ) which the ad blocker is preventing from loading. If you can't turn it off, you're going to continually get the error.You can Google how to turn off the ad blocker on your browser.

Also, it's not illegal. The serial code is a legitimate code from a legitimate vendor, running a legitimate event...For German people. Yeah, your browser is lying to German Gamestop about being German, it's most certainly morally dubious, but not illegal.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
There is a captcha (Ya know, the "I am not a robot" thing ) which the ad blocker is preventing from loading. If you can't turn it off, you're going to continually get the error.You can Google how to turn off the ad blocker on your browser.
I tried that with my Mac since it can disable pop up blockers for specific sites but it didn't work

Update: Finally got it to work, but I'm still nervous this will ban my game from wifi trades & battles. Doesn't Nintendo have a zero tolerance policy for this sort of thing? Look what happened to Big House because of the Slippy thing

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I Look what happened to Big House because of the Slippy thing
You're talking about apples and oranges. Slippy is a WHOLE other issue. The developer would have had to access Melee's code in order to make it work with slippy, which IS an IP violation. You lied to Gamestop so they'd give you a legitimate serial code. It's not even remotely the same thing. However, if you're worried about it, don't use the code.

Nyter

Island Challenger
It worked for me, and it gives you a code like any other code. The code is LEGIT. It's not Nintendo who will find this as a violation. All you are doing is saying "Hallo, ich bin aus Deutschland. Gib mir bitte den Code. Danke"... "PSYCHE!"

No one will get mad. And then I unsuscribed right after.

UPDATE: I have no problem getting another code for someone. I have like 3 emails to my name

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ok, I tried it & it works perfectly fine. The weird thing I noticed though is that it doesn't seem to work for Outlook addresses. I tried it once with Yahoo and I got the code immediately, but then I tried again on two separate Outlook accounts & nothing showed up even though the website said everything worked fine

Either way, I used the code on my Shield game, so I'll just move Zarude onto Home & put it on my Sword game. At this point I'm not sure if I want it on my team or not anymore, I mainly just want it so I can get the Ash hat in the Isle of Armor

Xinkc

Knight of Oblivion
I'm gonna wait another three days, and if doesn't show up, I'm gonna do one too.

I followed the method below and ended up getting it.

Here is a work around for those that didn't get a Zarude code. (Even if you did get a code, you should be able to get a second Zarude using this method.) I took me a few minutes to get it working, but it does work, and I now have Zarude. Reddit: "For everyone that didn't get their Zarude"

Worked for me. Feeling pretty happy to finally complete my Pokedex again.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
No one will get mad. And then I unsuscribed right after
How do you unsubscribe & do you still need the VPN to do that?

Nyter

Island Challenger
So I got my Zarude code but in case this occurs again, I did the unsuscribe from marketing promotions, and saved it. Then logged out. Logged back in, checked the subscription to marketing promotions emails, then saved it... am I supposed to get a confirmation email that I am subscribed? I am going to ask the support team. I never want to go through this again

How do you unsubscribe & do you still need the VPN to do that?

So I saw you have a Yahoo account which is what I have too. If you open the email, next to their email address shown at the top of the message, there is an "unsuscribe" link in blue. No you do not to be connected to the VPN for it to work

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
So I got my Zarude code but in case this occurs again, I did the unsuscribe from marketing promotions, and saved it. Then logged out. Logged back in, checked the subscription to marketing promotions emails, then saved it... am I supposed to get a confirmation email that I am subscribed? I am going to ask the support team. I never want to go through this again
You didn't have to check the box to subscribe to marketing. I didn't and I still got a code.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ok, I tried it & it works perfectly fine. The weird thing I noticed though is that it doesn't seem to work for Outlook addresses. I tried it once with Yahoo and I got the code immediately, but then I tried again on two separate Outlook accounts & nothing showed up even though the website said everything worked fine

Either way, I used the code on my Shield game, so I'll just move Zarude onto Home & put it on my Sword game. At this point I'm not sure if I want it on my team or not anymore, I mainly just want it so I can get the Ash hat in the Isle of Armor
It doesn't seem to like Gmail ones either.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

It doesn't seem to like Gmail ones either.
That’s odd because I used both a gmail and an outlook email and got both of the codes within 2 minutes on each.

I ended up putting the US Newsletter Zarude in my living Dex in home and then one of the two just in the legendary Pokémon box I have in home for extras. The third is gonna be used for battles. Also have a 4th code I haven’t redeemed yet.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Is there an expiration date for the German codes? Currently in the process of doing this for a friend but he won’t be home until Christmas to redeem it

Nyter

Island Challenger
That’s odd because I used both a gmail and an outlook email and got both of the codes within 2 minutes on each.

I ended up putting the US Newsletter Zarude in my living Dex in home and then one of the two just in the legendary Pokémon box I have in home for extras. The third is gonna be used for battles. Also have a 4th code I haven’t redeemed yet.
Yeah, guys.. Check your spam(Yahoo) and Promotions(Gmail) folders. Some e-mails go there.

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
Zarude get! *Through German Gamestop* Guess I'll keep checking my gmail to be safe. Also, for those of you who try doing the german gamestop method. It costs money to upgrade so you can link to a germany using the vpn they suggested on reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.