• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zarude Event - Reminder to check your Pokemon.com email settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Sending a reply to the initial standard response you get does seem to work. All I did was reply noting that I can certainly do what they suggest but it wouldn't solve the issue of not getting a Zarude.

A few days later and I just got the "typically we are unable to send codes for any reason but here's one of a limited number of additional codes" response. Nice Christmas present one could call it. Still, makes me wonder if there really are a limited number of additional codes or if this is just a way to send out the ones that we didn't end up receiving.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Sending a reply to the initial standard response you get does seem to work. All I did was reply noting that I can certainly do what they suggest but it wouldn't solve the issue of not getting a Zarude.

A few days later and I just got the "typically we are unable to send codes for any reason but here's one of a limited number of additional codes" response. Nice Christmas present one could call it. Still, makes me wonder if there really are a limited number of additional codes or if this is just a way to send out the ones that we didn't end up receiving.
Well. I sene an reply a few days ago and havent recieved an answer yet

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I got a response saying that they don’t have any replacement codes. That makes me angry. I really wanted Zarude and did everything to make sure that I get it and I am willing to only get one even though I have both games with multiple game saves. I only want one!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I got a response saying that they don’t have any replacement codes. That makes me angry. I really wanted Zarude and did everything to make sure that I get it and I am willing to only get one even though I have both games with multiple game saves. I only want one!
Wow. That's horrible. Either the amount they had was small or that person was lying.

I hope this makes them understand that it's a real hassle to get these event Pokemon from anything that isn't through Wi-Fi.
I hope so too. They can't place the blame on people or on the email providers for this, no matter how much they try. They screwed up, big time.

lvl.50Abra

Not Quite Kadabra
I sent them another response saying that I already did those things and still didn't get the newsletter. You have to respond back to customer support associates if they don't solve your problem, otherwise they're just going to ignore you, assume that your problem is solved, and move on to someone else. They're not just going to wait on you hand and foot if they think there's a cheaper and lower effort solution that satisfies the problem.
The thing is their initial response doesn't give an impression that there is any point trying to respond.
You tell them that you never got the expected email code after already checking that you were signed up and their response is that they can't do anything about it, why would someone expect anything better from another email repeating what you originally said.

It's pretty unbelievable that they wouldn't be able to give out however many codes they would need, especially since this is obviously an issue.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Thanks to lvl.50Abra, I got a code so now I feel somewhat calmer but still this is a major screw up on the Pokémon Company’s part and they shouldn’t try to blame users for “not subscribing properly” or whatever excuses they gave those who did get a newsletter. We don’t have control of the newsletter. You do. It was your responsibility to make sure that the newsletter was sent out and if I’m getting unwanted newsletters about Go and also a reminder about Winter Fest Which is somewhat dull after awhile from you then it isn’t me who caused the issue. You just can’t blame us for your mistake.

Last edited:

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
It seems that i'm not the only one or victim with the same issue as you guys do. When i contacted support, they said they had no replacement codes at the specific date and did what they told me to do and still haven't gotten anything, but it's hard for me to find that response a lie even if it is, then there has to be evidence or proof that they don't have the replacement codes. I don't know what the deal is or the hold up, but there are lot of us here and my friend have fallen to this issue. I don't like to be contacting support and respond back if it's just gonna be the same response as i got which it makes feel frustrated with this issue. Now I have to start searching for the extra codes.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It seems that i'm not the only one or victim with the same issue as you guys do. When i contacted support, they said they had no replacement codes at the specific date and did what they told me to do and still haven't gotten anything, but it's hard for me to find that response a lie even if it is, then there has to be evidence or proof that they don't have the replacement codes. I don't know what the deal is or the hold up, but there are lot of us here and my friend have fallen to this issue. I don't like to be contacting support and respond back if it's just gonna be the same response as i got which it makes feel frustrated with this issue. Now I have to start searching for the extra codes.
I think it’s an excuse. I mean GF would probably be more than willing to give out serial codes for Zarude to make up for the mistake and as a way to apologize to players who never got one. The Pokémon Company is just making excuses I think. I got that same email and did exactly as it said and still got nothing. GF definitely didn’t make a mistake. It was the people in charge of the website. GF managed to create more codes for the UK after their mishandling of the event and they could give players in the US the same opportunity.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think it’s an excuse. I mean GF would probably be more than willing to give out serial codes for Zarude to make up for the mistake and as a way to apologize to players who never got one. The Pokémon Company is just making excuses I think. I got that same email and did exactly as it said and still got nothing. GF definitely didn’t make a mistake. It was the people in charge of the website. GF managed to create more codes for the UK after their mishandling of the event and they could give players in the US the same opportunity.
They did. Only in limited supply. And they're still in part playing the blame game.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I dunno if it's really an excuse or not. I know my friend got one from support and was able to get his code, but for me, i didn't. Something tells me that they haven't said anything or a word about this issue. If it helps with the date that i said on my last post, well the date that the support told me was december 22, 2020 which they had no replacement code. They should've made this as part of a mystery gift code rather than getting a code from theaters and newsletters.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I might have picked a up a twitter post related to this issue, but it sounds like it was an issue with this event although it's hard for me to buy those words unless there's an official news or word about this issue. I know we're not the only victims here, but there are other people on twitter and reddit who fell into the victim as well.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Considering the movie has just 30 of Zarude, this actually makes infuriating sense.
Seriously?! Making it that limited?!

(Thanks for clearing that up.)

They should have said so at the beginning of this event. Then maybe people wouldn't have been quite as angry about it.

(Still think that they should have made things clearer at the beginning of this event though.)

Last edited:

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I may have to agree with that even though they should've said something like this in the first place rather than giving a late or hiding the response from us. all we know is that well dada zarude is already out in japan, but with this pandemic going on, i highly doubt anyone watching the movie in the theatre and try to get the code. the only thing we need is to get the official news and word on this issue that's been going on.

KillerDraco

Alright, I think this thread has gone far enough, as it's just devolved into a series of complaining rather than any productive discussion. Yes, the event was botched and their attempt at rectifying it was more so. But there's nothing much more to be said about the event that hasn't already been said. Keep an eye out for those that may be taking place in other countries or if they do other distributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.