1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Zelda being water downed even more

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Skater Trainer, Jul 19, 2008.

1. woot21

woot21 super noob

Please tell me how a game like Super Mario World doesn't have easier controls, or ALttP. Super Mario World has one button to run, two buttons to jump (each doing a different jump), and the control pad for movement, not that hard to me. ALttP, one button for your items, another to bull up the item menu, another to use the sword, control pad for movement, and another button to bring up the map. So freaking hard to control. Simply put the games aren't hard to control, so that isn't what they mean. FYI TP is ridiculously easy to control, once you get the hang of it, which shouldn't take long.

woot21 out dawgs

2. The carter

The carter Marsh Trainer

Well pahntom hourglass was already very very casual and even anoying. It's like they improved on parts that didnt need to much improving and kept parts that really needed to go and have no place in a game from 2007. Like that annoying temple of the sea dungeon, like wtf?!?!?!

3. Darkeus

Darkeus Well-Known Member

What about that secret 50 (or 40) floor dungeon?

4. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

sigh. Going to have to do a three heart quest, if I even decide to get it. Zelda games have been bad since after Windwaker.

5. Cipher

Cipher Nothing to be done

I've come to the understanding that, as far as Zelda is concerned, "more accessible" means "enemies do less damage." I haven't noticed the puzzles or exploration become any less daunting, which is nice, but then we have ridiculous things like Ganandorf doing a half-heart of damage in Twilight Princess.

If Nintendo wants to lessen enemy damage for new players, that's their prerogative. The problem would be easily mitigated by the employment of one of gaming's oldest tools, selectable difficuluty levels. Since it seems Nintendo is focusing more on damage than puzzles (the core of the game), an Easy and Hard Mode shouldn't be a problem. Not that I'm holding my breath for them to do so...

6. Barrysun

Barrysun Well-Known Member

for me, how about being able to be able have two Link in two different univerise appear together. (brawl's don't count and not just dark Link but the others that you used in other Zelda games)
    I think they should keep the zelda games the way they are, challanging dungeons, challanging bosses, interesting items to use, and other stuff.
    I wonder if they will make a game with Link and mario joining forces or revive some of Link's old enemies who wants revenge on him like Majora, Vaati, and others Link has fought wants some payback.

7. Kinslayer

Kinslayer Nevermore...

100% agree with this. The Water Temple was pretty freakin' simple. I honestly loathed the Shadow Temple. I get scared easily when it comes to video games (which is odd, considering my love of horror movies. Hm).

Anyway, I really dun care about this news. I mean, ever since the N64 Zelda games, I've been indifferent towards the series (console-wise). After those two games, the games have been just..meh. Not sure if this is going to help change my opinion. :/

8. Gibbis

Gibbis Read it,READ IT!

It's fun seeing these Zelda fans going stark-raving-mad over this

I may not be skilled at anything harder than Brawl but twilight princess ain't hard just repetivive

For hardcore gamers There is always PS3 or Xbawks 360 to play or just play brawl online but oh wait you could trip randomly in brawl unlike meele

i'm in the middle between hardcore n skillness brain-training player

9. Darkeus

Darkeus Well-Known Member

All Link's come from the same universe, in Hyrule, but a different time. And putting Mario and Link together in a game(not including SSB)? That wouldn't work well, because of the way the two games are. Mario games have less detailed characters and plots, while The Zelda series have very detailed plots and characters.

10. mrhiyuck

mrhiyuck curious

Really we shouldn't be worrying about how difficult, but how repetitive. Wind Waker was by no means hard, but fun. TP was not hard, but not as interesting. We shoudn't have all the same treasure, and use the same one item in the dungeon to progress thing.

11. jellsprout

jellsprout Well-Known Member

They want us to beat Zelda using our nose and tounge.

12. Blazios

Blazios Well-Known Member

Who cares about the Water Temple? I could never get past those ghosts in the Forest Temple!

The recent ones have been ridiculously easy (except that TP ice block puzzle). I do hope they can include some sort of difficulty switch.

13. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

Two different game series should never be put together EVER, unless it is for party purposes.

14. P-fan

P-fan Storm Trainer

Could someone tell me What going and why is everyone overreacting.

I not like they're making zelda to easy. Remember it a game that where you have to use your head. I even have to find out some thing when I first play OOT.

15. mrhiyuck

mrhiyuck curious

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics was a good example of that.

Sigh...

16. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

If anything they should let you have the option to play an 'Easy Mode' (for the casual gamer) or a 'Hard Mode' (for hardcore gamers), that way it caters to both groups.

Making Zelda easy will just kill the franchise, I love them because they are a challenge.

17. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

Yeah, but Smash Bros. isn't bad

18. Muyotwo

Muyotwo Gone Crusadin'

Simple solution would be to make another Master Quest for each of the new games. A Windwaker or TP Master Quest for preordering whatever the next game is would be quite nice.

19. PDL

PDL disenchanted

I don't see why most of you guys need to go nuts over this... Nintendo's known for being a videogame company that makes games to introduce games to people who never played video games.

Not all gamers are hardcore gamers who have been playing since they were small.

Anyway, as for Zelda games, my only current gripe are side-quests where you have to collect a certain number of things. Yes, it's a staple for Zelda-like games in general, but it can get ridiculous (espeically for someone who's OCD about getting every collectible such as myself).

Actually the most recent game that I've completed that felt like a Zelda game was Okami. What do you guys think of that game?

20. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Yeah, but side quest were my number one favorite thing for Ocarina of Time. I loved getting the Ice Arrows, finding Nayru's love, and getting all the upgrades.

As for Okami, I don't know. I'll have to ask my brother what he thinks of it when he resumes playing it after he gets access to his Wii.