• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda being water downed even more

jellsprout

And how would that solve anything? Enemies do twice as much damage, you do twice as little. What the hell does that solve?
First, battles are executed in such a way that is possible and usually even required to dodge most, if not all attacks. Making a battle twice as long doesn't really add anything, except making the game more tedious.
Second, battles aren't the only difficulty in a game. Especially adventure games like Zelda or platformers like Mario. Puzzles and exploring are major factors in games like those. And in those cases a difficulty setting won't matter. The puzzles will stay just as difficult.

Dawnkey Kawng

Easier LOZ game:
Newbies: Would be satisfied.
Veteran gamers: Dissapointed, left without challenge or content.

Harder LOZ game:
Newbies: Might complain, might get better.
Veteran gamers: Would be satisfied.

I think LOZ games definitly needs to be harder, if they water it down to make it "family friendly," then they are leaving stuff out for veterans.

PDL

disenchanted
Are you sure "difficulty" is what you guys really want in a Zelda-esque game?

I think what you guys really want is "innovation".

Nearly every Zelda game has some kind of innovative control scheme going for it. Usually it involves the item that usually gives the game it's name, but it doesn't have to.

Zelda games were never really centered around combat, the main "soul" of Zelda games are in the various puzzles, sidequests and possibly even the collecting of ingame stuff.

ironknight42

Just make a game get more difficult over time one easy dungeon won't kill but then kick it up to the normal level and perhaps one or two nice hardcore optional dungeons wouldn't hurt either.

I'm not too worried about this to be honest. I don't think they'll make it as easy as we're all fearing. As long as it's fun, I don't mind.

I'm not too worried about this to be honest. I don't think they'll make it as easy as we're all fearing. As long as it's fun, I don't mind.

WishmakerX

Event Master Hunter
Yeah my friend had played thru Twilight Princess and once you finish it's basically finished. He got so mad and sold it to EB Games the next day.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I think that they should just have modes like Easy, Normal, Hard, Extreme Hard.

I agree that's a great idea...but would they even attempt to do that?

Yeah my friend had played thru Twilight Princess and once you finish it's basically finished. He got so mad and sold it to EB Games the next day.

I've finished Twilight Princess in exactly two weeks...but I'm still keeping the game though. Whenever I'm bored I usually start playing the game again with the next file that's empty. I've done that on Super Mario Sunshine...and currently now I just made a new file on the Subspace Emissary in Brawl (for unlocking reasons though). At anytime I would start over Twilight Princess...

When the next Zelda game comes out, I just hope that it's something a lot more interesting than I think it would be...something kinda like Twilight Princess but a lot more challenging :]

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
Are you people retarded or something?

Zelda games aren't really difficult because their emphisis was never "difficulty". The purpose of Zelda games is that they immerse you into a fantasy world which holds many secrets which you must uncover in order to beat the game.

You want to know why there isn't such things as "diffculty modes" in Zelda games? Because it totally destroys that whole immerson process. It makes you aware that you are playing a video game rather then exploring a world.

Besides, Zelda gams are only easy for most of you because you know how they are run.

Regiman

i herd u leik meh.
Who the hell cares about difficulty? Games are supposed to be what's the word... FUN? You people are doing what they did with SSBM. EASY GAMES ARE BOTTEM TIER and that crap as long as gameplay's great then its awesome you get me? Thank You.

pikakid

jirachi killer
NOOOOOOOOO ITS EASY ENOUGH ALREADY. Omg Zelda has got a hell of alot easier over the years and they want to water it down. Look gamer who wants it easy go and buy yourself a copy of animal crossing wild world Oh be careful the flowers might get a bit to complicated to water.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Who the hell cares about difficulty? Games are supposed to be what's the word... FUN? You people are doing what they did with SSBM. EASY GAMES ARE BOTTEM TIER and that crap as long as gameplay's great then its awesome you get me? Thank You.

That's just the thing. The game stops being fun if there's no challenge. DUR, I HIT SWITCH AND GET A KEY TO OPEN THE DOOR IN THE SAME ROOM DUR. That's not challenging, difficult, thought-provoking, innovative or hard at all. The gameplay is great in just about every installation, but without a good backdrop to stage it with, that's all for nothing.

And don't try to relate this to Melee.

Dig-kun

I don´t think Nintendo would do this with Zelda,
they wouldn´t forget abou the hardcore players
Remember they have said that they would make it good for the harcore ones too
:)

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
I'm sick of this mythical legion of hardcore gamers that didn't exist before 2007 or so.

As far as I'm concerned, I sincerely hope the Zelda team destroys their disgustingly whiny and rabid fanbase and starts fresh. So good for them, I say.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I remember Playing MM. The deepest and darkest LoZ Game I have ever played. Only three days to accomplish things having to start over again and again. Really made you think. TP on the other hand was a trip and a walk in the park. I really think they should make a difficulty changing option. Just so it appeals to both groups.

I remember Playing MM. The deepest and darkest LoZ Game I have ever played. Only three days to accomplish things having to start over again and again. Really made you think. TP on the other hand was a trip and a walk in the park. I really think they should make a difficulty changing option. Just so it appeals to both groups.

Quoted for truth
They shouldn't make that to the Zelda series, Twilight Princess was enough insult for being too easy