• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda Bosses Theme Team

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Hi again. Yes, I am back with another theme team. I always want try something new and different, so what is better way to do that than making theme teams.
So, this time I have team made around various Zelda bosses. I'm huge Legend of Zelda fan, so this was really fun to make. I have tested it few times with decent success. I'm not sure about natures or hold items, so help about those would be appreciate. But ok, let's get started then.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite (Morpheel)
Ability:Intimidate->Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
Morpheel the Gyarados is my Mega and one of my Physical sweepers. This is pretty standard Gyarados set, but I have no idea how to use Mega Gyarados correctly, because I haven't use one before. I know that it needs Grass counter, but other than that, I have no idea.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf (Gleeok)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
My special sweeper. I haven't used Hydreigon before, so not sure how this is going to work. But Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are main STAB's, Flamethrower for Steel types and U-Turn for switching out. I chose Flamethrower over Fire blast because accuracy.

Drapion @ Razor Claw (Moldarach)
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Cross Poison
- Night Slash
- Ice Fang

My second Physical sweeper and T-Spike setter. This is Crit-fishing set, so with Sniper and Razor claw, Drapion will get 4x Crit chance. Cross Poison and Night Slash are Main STAB's with high Critical chance. Ice Fang is for Ground types.

Cobalion @ Leftovers (Goht)
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
What pokemon would suit better Goht than Cobalion? That's right. My non-mecanic steel goat runs Physical set, because I really don't know what set should I use. It would be good with little bit more defensive side, but i really don't know what EV's or Moveset should I use here.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash (Gohma)
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
Standard Galvantula set, Really not much to say about this.

Cradily @ Leftovers (Bilocyte)
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
My Special wall. Thanks to my sister, she went and bought Nintendo e-shop card so now we have access to sthealth rocks in gen 5 and Giga drain. Giga drain is my healing move and STAB, Rock Slide is another STAB and Toxic is for badly poisoning.

I would really appreciate help with this team, any help is welcome. :)

Vern

Why not both?
I think you should use thunder on Galvantula, as Compoundeyes boosts the accuracy. Otherwise use the other ability, swarm, as compoundeyes won't be doing anything on that set.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I think you should use thunder on Galvantula, as Compoundeyes boosts the accuracy. Otherwise use the other ability, swarm, as compoundeyes won't be doing anything on that set.

Thanks for advice, I have never used Galvantula before so it's very nice to get some advice about that.
I would like very much advice about Cobalion or Cradily.

Strings805

I'd opt for close combat on Coballion as opposed to Sacred Sword. I know you're running a careful nature and defense stat drops aren't ideal, but his EV spread is offensive, so the extra 30 base power of close combat (which goes up to 180 with STAB) is well worth the trade, and you can just volt switch out afterwards.

Also, I'd like to know how Drapion is working for you. I've wanted to utilize his great typing since he debuted in gen iv but haven't really had much luck with him. How do you play him?

Tonguetyd

Hmm, how about Crunch for Gyarados instead of Ice Fang?
He gets it in ORAS.
On the other hand, no Bastiodon to represent King Helmasaur? Blasphemy!

REVENULF

As for appearances I'd think Terrakion for Goht, but it doesn't share the steel type, details details I know.

And definitely Crunch over Ice Fang. Ice fang is very tempting to use due to losing it's flying type and ground immunity as well as being weak to grass. But with your team grass types are hardly an issue considering the other 4 are either strong or resistant to it, and Cradily takes normaly damage. Crunch would gain STAB from mega and has better accuracy and power compare to the fang moves. Also you'd be trading a 10% chance to freeze for a 20% chance to lower defense.