• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Serebii!

I got through the Fire Sanctuary getting another Empty Bottle and the Mogma Mitts to burrow underground, I got the third Sacred Flame and found Zelda in the second Gate Of Time. I am now up to finding Levias

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Over 4300 posts in one topic!
I got through the Fire Sanctuary getting another Empty Bottle and the Mogma Mitts to burrow underground, I got the third Sacred Flame and found Zelda in the second Gate Of Time. I am now up to finding Levias
Dive onto his back (something I didn't realize).

BCVM22

I don't see how that quote implies it was a gradual process. He just says they took these forms. If anything, that sounds more like it was instantaneous.

If that works better for you, fine.

Fado being a Kokori doesn't really prove anything; the Kokiri are magical spirits that can change their shape.

Rito Medli's ancestor was a Zora sage. The Zora became the Rito. Korok Makar's ancestor was a Kokiri sage. Again, I think the implication is clear enough, that we're meant to view the Korok as what the Kokiri became - whether by slow evolution or instant change, whichever works for you - just as we're meant to view the Rito as what the Zora became.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Rito Medli's ancestor was a Zora sage. The Zora became the Rito. Korok Makar's ancestor was a Kokiri sage. Again, I think the implication is clear enough, that we're meant to view the Korok as what the Kokiri became - whether by slow evolution or instant change, whichever works for you - just as we're meant to view the Rito as what the Zora became.

Well, yeah. That's obvious. I was just pointing out that there's no implication it was a gradual thing or instantaneous.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Ugh ... just got stuck on the devilish sealed crysal locked gate of the pirate ship of lanayru sand sea yeterday.

The hint is so confusing. I even asked sheikah stone for help. Yet I answered wrong. I rage quit 2 hours later to find answers on the internet. And wow, biggest illusion I've never saw was at the hint and the gate's edge right before my eyes.
Something that I like about this series. A powerful challenge of puzzles and rhythms.

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY TO THE LEGEND OF ZELDA FROM THE Hyrulians living here at the Philippines!
Something that I

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Ugh ... just got stuck on the devilish sealed crysal locked gate of the pirate ship of lanayru sand sea yeterday.

The hint is so confusing. I even asked sheikah stone for help. Yet I answered wrong. I rage quit 2 hours later to find answers on the internet. And wow, biggest illusion I've never saw was at the hint and the gate's edge right before my eyes.
Something that I like about this series. A powerful challenge of puzzles and rhythms.

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY TO THE LEGEND OF ZELDA FROM THE Hyrulians living here at the Philippines!
Something that I

You're a little late. The 25th anniversary was last year.
Something that I

pikatob

OH NOES
Hello, everybody!

Ever since my post months ago, I've played many more Zelda games and 100%'d them including:

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I am working on 100%ing Majora's Mask right now, along with the other games I own. I was wondering two things about Twilight Princess, though.

1. How come this game is usually considered to be the worst or inferior 3D Zelda game?

2. I own the GameCube version. Besides the 4:3 mode only, controls, and being the original version (no mirroring), are there any other differences from the Wii game? I really own both and I was wondering which one is better.

BCVM22

There's no difference in the versions besides the mirroring and the controls.

People like to dislike TP because... I'm not sure. Too easy? They don't like the darker color palette? Other reasons. Who knows?

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
1.It's a really dark game like Majora's mask,which can be its downfall.
Horrible shadow realms that you had to do(Lanayru's was simply a chore),the graphics were a bit over the top(just my opinion-too much detail/too realistic?)and a pretty slow storyline early on.
Twilight Princess isn't a bad game though-it just occasionally take some persistance.
I personally loved the bosses and some of their themes-they were much more varied than the previous games in the series.
2.I've never played the Wii version but it would be better;only the controls change,and these are mostly for benefit-fishing and Hena's rollgoal minigame are much easier to control.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

People like to dislike TP because... I'm not sure. Too easy? They don't like the darker color palette? Other reasons. Who knows?

Well there is one other minor thing. In the Wii version, you can hold 4 items at once, but in the gamecube version you can only hold 2. That sort of disappointed me, because I hate having to go into the menu constantly to switch items. It's just a minor gripe though; I still prefer the Gamecube version.

Something that I

They dislike it because it's not Ocarina of Time.

They like to dislike it because it's cool to hate what other people hate. But they place most of the blame on the palette choices.

Twilight Princess by no means does everything correct, but it is certainly not one of the weaker titles in the series.

^ and wind waker does? Avid TP fan here.

Yes, let's just debate why one person views their favorite game as the best, and why everyone else is wrong.

Sorry, avid Wind Waker fan here, but I think Skyward Sword is an overall better game, nearly perfect in every way, shape and form. The only reason I hold Wind Waker as my favorite is because of nostalgia, essentially.

Wind Waker does not do everything correctly and I will never attest to that. The seafaring is clearly not for everyone, nor is the art style, nor is the story, apparently.

Twilight Princess is not perfect either, though. The game just feels gloomier and almost lacks the amount of character other games do. I found virtually zero characters from that game memorable, while I happened to be very fond of characters from MM, OoT, WW and SS. I didn't like the way there were 5 heart pieces per heart container and I overall felt like the game went by like a blur so I just didn't enjoy it as much as other games.

All complete preference. I don't expect you to agree or disagree one way or another, and quite frankly it's all up to you how you perceive games in the series.

Serebii!

I found Levias and defeated the Parasite. He told me to find the other three dragons who have part of a song, I am now at Eldin Volcano where I have lost all of my things and trying to get away from enemies, so far the only thing I have got back is the Mogma Mitts

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I found Levias and defeated the Parasite. He told me to find the other three dragons who have part of a song, I am now at Eldin Volcano where I have lost all of my things and trying to get away from enemies, so far the only thing I have got back is the Mogma Mitts

That part's not so bad, it's over pretty quickly.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The only thing to watch out for during the three dragon part of Skyward Sword is that don't visit the Thunder dragon first. If the Thunder Dragon is encountered first , It would make the game stuck without no way to progress the game any further. Though Nintendo has released a patch to fix that problem on the Wii Shop Channel. But hey , I recommend doing the dragons in this order : Faron , Eldin , and then Lanarayu. That is the recommend order to do that according to the guide , but I did Eldin first instead of Faron.

Other than that , Finally got past the first dungeon in Minish Cap. I have to say that I actually liked the fact that one of the enemies found in the dungeon was a reference to Pikmin. It was almost just like how there was Goombas and Piranah Plants in Link's Awakening.

Serebii!

The only thing to watch out for during the three dragon part of Skyward Sword is that don't visit the Thunder dragon first. If the Thunder Dragon is encountered first , It would make the game stuck without no way to progress the game any further. Though Nintendo has released a patch to fix that problem on the Wii Shop Channel. But hey , I recommend doing the dragons in this order : Faron , Eldin , and then Lanarayu. That is the recommend order to do that according to the guide , but I did Eldin first instead of Faron.

I went to Eldin Volcano before going to Faron woods but I don't want to get the game stuck because I don't have access to internet on my Wii