• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Now that looks pretty.
So pretty. I especially love the bloom. Hopefully Motion + controls are available, and they map the baton to the Wii Remote. I mean its a match made in heaven, and I couldn't care much for the touchscreen, even if everything gets moved there. I wonder how our WW aficionado will react to this.....

Thriller

Its almost time
You know how I say things like "Pokemon X & Y is not enough for me to want to buy a 3DS?"

Well, THIS BEAUTIFUL THING is enough to make me want to buy a Wii U!!! If they did the same for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, somehow, I think that would be an excellent idea.

However, I STILL think the basic character design is the stupidest thing ever. Especially the way everyone waves soooooooooooooooooo slowly.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
You know how I say things like "Pokemon X & Y is not enough for me to want to buy a 3DS?"

Well, THIS BEAUTIFUL THING is enough to make me want to buy a Wii U!!! If they did the same for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, somehow, I think that would be an excellent idea.

However, I STILL think the basic character design is the stupidest thing ever. Especially the way everyone waves soooooooooooooooooo slowly.

If the one complaint you have is that people wave too slowly I think we'll be okay. Their wave seems pretty normal to me.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but the graphics for WWU look a bit odd. WW was never exactly the brownest of games, but the light in the screen shots looks a bit exaggerated. The shadows are really dark and the light bits are kinda blinding.

I hope they tone it down a bit.
(Also I wonder if they could add transparent water? I'm not sure how it would work for the sea, but it could make ponds and such much prettier.)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is it normal for you to keep on waving? and waving? and waving? and waving? and waving?

Come on now, that's one time. He's like 12 and leaving his grandmother the only island he ever knew behind. He's a little upset.

I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but the graphics for WWU look a bit odd. WW was never exactly the brownest of games, but the light in the screen shots looks a bit exaggerated. The shadows are really dark and the light bits are kinda blinding.

I hope they tone it down a bit.
(Also I wonder if they could add transparent water? I'm not sure how it would work for the sea, but it could make ponds and such much prettier.)

It's bloom lighting, it's supposed to look like that. In motion it will looks slightly different, but the lighting is going to be much different from the original game, much brighter. As for transparent water, that's a no. They've kept the same cell-shaded art style, which uses solid coloured water. It would look quite odd if it was transparent.

Aegon

Well, Amazon have cancelled my pre-order of the limited edition version of Hyrule Historia. :|

Deep breaths...

ParaChomp

be your own guru
By Din, Nayru, and Farore...must...reserve...NOW!

The remake looks great plus I wouldn't mind playing Wind Waker again. Wonder how the new non-linear title is going to work.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
And now I have a reason to get a Wii U. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, hands down.

Maybe they'll remove the Triforce quest and put back those two dungeons that they cut out. I know that's asking for a little too much, though.

...Wait a minute, is that screenshot of Tetra and Link together on Windfall Island? I don't remember that ever happening in the original game (it's been 5 or so years since I have played, please refresh my memory if I'm wrong).

ParaChomp

be your own guru
...Wait a minute, is that screenshot of Tetra and Link together on Windfall Island? I don't remember that ever happening in the original game (it's been 5 or so years since I have played, please refresh my memory if I'm wrong).
That was to show off the graphic capabilities at E3 2011. Iwata said it himself. The models look lovely smoother and the texture on the environment is lush and beautiful. Hope Puppet Ganon gets a nice texture of heavily worn varnished wood.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
...How did I miss that? I (try to) watch all of the E3 stuff each year, and somehow that flew under my radar. :eek:

I'm just so excited for this remake. I know a lot of people hated it, but I actually like the sailing sections (nothing like seeing a new place pop up on the horizon for the first time).

Ooh, ooh! They just HAVE TO have the GamePad function as the telescope and the pictobox. Oh my God, I'm going to go full fanboy on this one.

Aurath8

Well between the promise of Wind Waker Wii U 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Legocity: Undercover and Smash bros. coming ever closer, I think I have good enough reason to buy a Wii U. I'm so glad I didn't play WW following Skyward Sword's completion as now I can play it in omgasdf levels of HD beauty.

Thriller

Its almost time
Come on now, that's one time. He's like 12 and leaving his grandmother the only island he ever knew behind. He's a little upset.

I'm talking more about the ending, when the pirates find Link & Tetra. But as for him saying bye to grandma, who waves with BOTH arms?

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Well, Amazon have cancelled my pre-order of the limited edition version of Hyrule Historia. :|

Deep breaths...

I was just about to post to report the same thing. I suppose it was a bit suspicious that it was seen as 'available' on the UK website for so long. Goddammit, this cancels out the happiness I felt earlier over the Nintendo Direct and the Zelda news.

Anyway, am I the only one who feels extremely put out by this Wind Waker re-release? The entire environment just looks so incredibly sterile and artificial and charm-less, totally opposite of the original. Not only that but for some reason the lighting doesn't look particularly pleasing and for some reason the entire thing is bathed in a really horrible bright, harsh light.... like the island is sitting in a dentist's chair.
Not only that, but the character models look so... wooden. Seriously, they just like plastic figurines, nothing more.
Man, I'm really getting worked up about this.

Sorry, but this has nothing on the original.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
...How did I miss that? I (try to) watch all of the E3 stuff each year, and somehow that flew under my radar. :eek:

I'm just so excited for this remake. I know a lot of people hated it, but I actually like the sailing sections (nothing like seeing a new place pop up on the horizon for the first time).

Ooh, ooh! They just HAVE TO have the GamePad function as the telescope and the pictobox. Oh my God, I'm going to go full fanboy on this one.

I'm hoping it supports the Wii U Pro controller myself.

I'm talking more about the ending, when the pirates find Link & Tetra. But as for him saying bye to grandma, who waves with BOTH arms?

Yeah, it is exaggerated, but the whole game is a cartoon. Surely you could pick something else to be upset with. xD

Darenix

I nearly exploded when I heard about HD Wind Waker. My first and favorite Zelda game.

Looks like the gaming season is shaping up to be really great for me between this and X and Y.

Aegon

I was just about to post to report the same thing. I suppose it was a bit suspicious that it was seen as 'available' on the UK website for so long. Goddammit, this cancels out the happiness I felt earlier over the Nintendo Direct and the Zelda news.
I'm very disappointed by this. I pre-ordered it in early December (the 3rd or the 4th), yet it's taken this long for them to actually stop taking orders and to notify people that they won't be getting the book. I wish the limited edition version could have had a larger print number. Four thousand is awfully small, and it wouldn't have harmed anyone. Oh well. I'll get over it. :p

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Anyway, am I the only one who feels extremely put out by this Wind Waker re-release? The entire environment just looks so incredibly sterile and artificial and charm-less, totally opposite of the original. Not only that but for some reason the lighting doesn't look particularly pleasing and for some reason the entire thing is bathed in a really horrible bright, harsh light.... like the island is sitting in a dentist's chair.
Not only that, but the character models look so... wooden. Seriously, they just like plastic figurines, nothing more.
Man, I'm really getting worked up about this.

Sorry, but this has nothing on the original.

I hear what you're saying.

On one hand I'm super pumped. This would be the perfect game that would help sway me over to buying a Wii U. My favourite Zelda in HD? Yes please.

But those screenshots look awful. A little added bloom would look nice but not THAT much. The darkened edges make it looks like a cheesy Hollywood movie, not Wind Waker at all. I don't want to sound nit-picky but this is my favourite Zelda we're talking about. Don't **** up the art style.

So I'm holding all my hype until I see a gameplay video. There isn't one yet is there?