• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

R_N

Scans are out and shows a bunch of neat stuff.

Here is my blatantly stealing something from the neogaf thread
Toon Link uses a sword and shield, it looks like the sword is charged with lightning? He also uses a hammer in another picture
Helmaroc King boss
What looks like 3 different maps (combat maps, not adventure maps). Forsaken Fortress, Windfall Island and Dragon Roost Island
The standard mooks on those maps are the Miniblin
(please tell me they don't make the noises they do in Wind Waker. that x1000 would just be hell)
In one of the screenshots you can also make out another enemy which I don't recognize from Wind Waker. It carries a mace
Definitely the biggest thing here. The Wind Waker story content IS coming to the Wii U version. There are pictures of Tetra on Windfall Island in a Wii U cutscene, and another picture showing Dragon Roost Island and Forsaken Fortress. The scans officially label those pictures as being on the Wii U.
There also appears to be a new feature in the 3DS version revolving around Owl Statues.
And there is also a picture of Link playing the Golden Ocarina, seen at the end of one of the trailers. It's a new item!
The Hammer is likely a new general item anyone can use. It looks based off the vanilla LTTP hammer rather than the megaton hammer from WW

http://nintendoeverything.com/scans...lash-project-x-zone-2-super-mario-maker-more/

Recon

Post Moderation

Invisible Presence
Has anyone heard about a Zelda movie coming out later this year? My brother mentioned it to me, and I would love to see it.

BCVM22

No truth to that whatsoever.

There was a brief and vivid rumor about it being developed as a Netflix series earlier this year but that quickly flamed out into nothing.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I remember hearing about the Netflix series. I was so excited for it! Although, yeah, I don't necessarily think it's true.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Twilight Princess HD remake apparently? Before Zelda U comes out, as far as I've heard.
Personally would love that. Twilight Princess, overall was my favorite game and playing it in upgraded resolution would be awesome.

Akashin

And what's your source for that? I find that pretty hard to believe.

The only thing I'm aware of is there being a new Link render turning up in stores that doesn't match any past Link, that people are taking to be a possible indication of a Twilight Princess HD. Zelda Dungeon did an article on it a couple days ago.

I'm not particularly informed on how these sort of things work, but I'm skeptical at best about this meaning anything.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The only thing I'm aware of is there being a new Link render turning up in stores that doesn't match any past Link, that people are taking to be a possible indication of a Twilight Princess HD. Zelda Dungeon did an article on it a couple days ago.

I'm not particularly informed on how these sort of things work, but I'm skeptical at best about this meaning anything.

Well, we have Triforce Heroes and Hyrule Warriors Legends coming to 3DS in October 2015 and early 2016 respectively. These games are meant to ease the waiting 'till Zelda U releases, and given their content, they 're more than enough for that reason. If a TP remake really is in the works, it's going to be after Zelda U launches. Especially if Legends incorporates DLC packs like its Wii U counterpart, since it was stated they 're considering it.

Last edited:

Poetry

Dancing Mad

Slow news periods - used to happen at ZD a lot. The render doesn't even look remotely like TP Link.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Zelda remakes coming out on systems before their own respective exclusive Zelda game isn't unheard of. You have to remember that Ocarina of Time 3D came out at least a year before ALBTW was even announced.

BCVM22

It's not unheard of, no, but it is the flimsiest of pretenses on which to assume something like this. "Flimsy" may not even be the right word to convey the leap they're taking in assuming this.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If we do want to assume the image is of something important, which it may not be, then I would assume it's the Link from Zelda U. Look at the way it's designed. It has fairly bright colors and looks more animated in style. This does not fit at all with Twilight Princess' art style, in fact, it's the exact opposite, as Twilight Princess was about dark colors and more realistic renderings. However, judging by the little footage we have, it seems like a close match to the graphics of Zelda U.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd lean to Zelda U art being sent out for Promotional art.. I heard that Last year we'd be getting the game around this time of year. Plus concept art is usually made pretty early in production and is often the basis for the modellers to work on.

The game was delayed until next year a long time ago.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I'm just glad Triforce Heroes is coming out soon. I got to demo it this summer along with Super Mario Maker. I actually enjoyed Triforce Heroes better, and I had a blast playing it with my brothers there.

Zachmac

It definitely doesn't look like Twilight Princess Link. Too bright. I know a lot of people don't like how dimly colored TP is, but if it were to lose its art style, it just wouldn't be the same game anymore.
However, I don't think it really matches Zelda U link either. Remember that Zelda U teaser we saw where everyone thought Link was a girl for some reason? The art style was a bit different then what we're seeing in this promotional art as well.

I don't see any reason why they couldn't of made a new Link render just for generic promotional reasons. Unlike Mario, Link doesn't look exactly the same in every game, so they can't always just use the render from the most recent Zelda game to represent the entire franchise. That's probably why they used the TP versions of Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda in Smash; Skyward Sword Zelda isn't a princess and Ganondorf doesn't even appear in SS. Besides, Nintendo has been trying to promote their IPs more, haven't they? That's the reason for amiibo and their partnership with Universal Studios, afterall. Heck, speaking of amiibo, that might be what they're planning to make the Link amiibo look like when they finally get around to doing a Zelda line of amiibo.