• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Zachmac

Yeah, Triforce Hero definitely seems to be designed around local play. Online and single player modes are probably just afterthoughts.

That said, I, like many people on the internet, am a lonely loser with no irl friends, so I'll probably sit this game out to.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I have a LOT of siblings, but the ones that can actually play this game I only see during the summer. But, I have two awesome irl friends that like Nintendo and have 3DSs, so I think I'm good.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Yeah, Triforce Hero definitely seems to be designed around local play. Online and single player modes are probably just afterthoughts.

That said, I, like many people on the internet, am a lonely loser with no irl friends, so I'll probably sit this game out to.

I have friends, it's just most of them don't game on 3DS or it would be too inconvenient to set up a get together with the rares ones that do around my work schedule. It sucks be Online gaming has been huge for the last 10-15 years and you'd think Nintendo would put that first, or at least equal with local play. Kart and Smash do.

Oh well

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I have friends, it's just most of them don't game on 3DS or it would be too inconvenient to set up a get together with the rares ones that do around my work schedule. It sucks be Online gaming has been huge for the last 10-15 years and you'd think Nintendo would put that first, or at least equal with local play. Kart and Smash do.

Oh well

I don't really see online playing as working that well with Triforce Heroes. It really seems like a game that you'd want to be in the same room as your partners when playing. I know that I wouldn't want to trust my life in the game to some stranger on the other side of the world. Even if you're playing with friends online, it still would be hard to communicate.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I got mine on the 15th and I'm in Toronto.
My best friend got it on the 14th and he's in Manchester.

Probably is random. Just check the mail id you use for your Nintendo account.

It's kinda stupid that the people I know who play Zelda are almost 3000 miles away.
That's college for you.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Sorry for keeping stating this, but it looks like I wasn't a ...chosen hero.

If anyone still has unused EU demo codes for Triforce Heroes, please send me one via PM. I really want to try this demo before thinking to get the main game.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I can't wait for the full version
this demo is so much fun ^w^

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm not interested on Tri force hero's either. It looks to complicated with 3 players all the time. Definitely not a good sequel/prequel or whatever to Link Between Worlds which I did really like =)

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
Definitely not a good sequel/prequel or whatever to Link Between Worlds which I did really like =)
Other than the slanted graphics of ALBW, it doesn't really have any connection to it. Like Hydrohs said, it seems like it is more like the Four Swords games. I got to play it at Best Buy while waiting in line to demo SMM, and I had a lot of fun with it. Haven't actually played FS or FSA, so I don't exactly know what they were like.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Isn't it more a followup to Four Swords? Unrelated to ALBW entirely.

Four Swords was a sequel to Mimish Cap though, as Mimish Cap had to origin of both the Four Sword and Vaati. I had assumed that this game would be similar in respects to Link Between Worlds.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I had fun playing online with some strangers, but I generally had the answer to every puzzle whenever we got stuck and they couldn't tell I wanted them to place a bomb to blow away with the Gust Jar... We lost a life, but then I picked the bombs to show them. Cue the cheering Link icons.

Four Swords was a sequel to Mimish Cap though, as Mimish Cap had to origin of both the Four Sword and Vaati. I had assumed that this game would be similar in respects to Link Between Worlds.

It's Minish Cap.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I had fun playing online with some strangers, but I generally had the answer to every puzzle whenever we got stuck and they couldn't tell I wanted them to place a bomb to blow away with the Gust Jar... We lost a life, but then I picked the bombs to show them. Cue the cheering Link icons
Oh god, this. It was painful having two different groups not grasp the concept! Even with 'item', 'throw' and 'over hear' commands being used... Again, upon dying and picking the bombs I got them to learn.

I did enjoy it, and it seemed stable, but I would enjoy playing this locally more. Luck of the draw with teams for online... Not sure I'll get on launch. My roommate is into Nintendo as well, but there's only two of us. =/