• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

BCVM22

Even if there are only four "dungeons," I think what would have constituted more traditional dungeons - puzzles, sub-boss fights, etc. - is scattered across the entire world in the form of shrines and enemies like Hinoxes, Taluses, and Lynels, instead of being centralized into 5-6 single locations.

Rakurai

I'm hoping hard mode is more then just increased damage, and has some other changes like more enemies in the overworld.

I wouldn't mind having several dozen more Lynels and guardians around.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Finished the Tarrey Town quest. That was pretty fun to do.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm hoping DLC brings more enemy variety. Those Lynels have the best adaptive AI of an enemy I can think of to date. You get close, the go at you about six different ways. Get to far, the bow comes out or spear and club varieties launch into the air on top of you. Get mid distance, Lynel breath. Deal a ton of damage or cheese them, MASSIVE LYNEL EXPLOSION. That's an enemy encounter worth respecting and appreciating.

But we didn't get Darknuts in this release, which are a staple of the series! Also, and I'm not advocating tons of them, but Like Likes. Mothulas and Tektites are no where to be found and there's all sorts of barren areas in mountains that could use those guys. DLC could also have an area that brings back a vicious return of the Yiga, since they start seeking revenge on you after a certain in-game event. Poes! Where the Poes at? And Redeads to. I realize we have undead enemies already (Stal enemies), but you will get burned out fighting throngs of Stalblins. Just some thoughts now that I've spent over a month playing BotW.

BCVM22

I personally would not expect anything "new" in the eventual DLC, which is to say I wouldn't expect any enemies that aren't already in the game. Rather, I would expect something that makes use of existing game assets in that regard. But that's purely speculation on my part.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
a) No more unlimited arrows farming from Bokoblins

F$&@. That. While it may not have been intentional, enemies undoubtedly still have infinite arrows while Link scrounges. I'll live with Rito Village slowdown for the arrow supply.

What they need to patch is 100 stamps and only 48 pics. Double both of those, and make Hylian set and Knight Armor gear get boosts. Both are very nice, but other gear has far better offers. Radiant Armor should also boost Bone Weapons more since all bone type items are less durable and don't always get bumps.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For the Korok Trials, where are the Koroksyou need to talk to? I try to get to them but every Korok I see flees at the sight of me and whenever I try to get to where they are, I wind up in the Lost Woods. Can anyone help?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
For the Korok Trials, where are the Koroksyou need to talk to? I try to get to them but every Korok I see flees at the sight of me and whenever I try to get to where they are, I wind up in the Lost Woods. Can anyone help?

The Korok are hidden in the outskirts of the village. I can't remember if highlighting the quest makes the spots appear on your map or not. There should be paths from the central area leading to them. The Korok aren't difficult to spot. None of them are located near where you first enter the village from. I'm not 100% sure if I'm remembering this correctly, it's been awhile since I did it but I think that's how I found them.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

follow the bean lights. there are 3 or 4 paths that lead right to the Koroks you are looking for.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
92/120 Shrines done. Going with it slowly. Haven't faced Ganon yet.
Looking to finish off Shrines and collect all available armor before doing so.

Question about the Amiibo drops. Getting the exclusive items is luck-based?

BCVM22

Completely luck-based. Nothing you can do to alter the process but to keep trying. I think you can save before you use the amiibo and then reload the save if you don't get what you want, but I'm not positive of that and it doesn't alter the odds any.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
My Wolf Link amiibo no longer has 20 hearts. At first I thought it was because I scanned it into Hyrule Warriors Legends and that might have caused it to reset but looking into it further it looks like the latest patch was responsible. Suppose that gives me a reason to buy a Wii U and actually play TP for the first time. I do still want one although I was putting it off for a while until I was done with BotW and the price had dropped considerably. Will look into it later, probably in July unless there's another game I'm after. It's not that big a deal as I didn't use Wolf Link much but I would like him to have 20 hearts again. And I do really want the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors so there's that.

On the plus side I got Epona in BotW. She's a lot better than my other horses although I still like my giant horse as it just ploughs through everything and knocking Bokoblins off their horses never gets boring. Will look for the white one later.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
120/120 Shrines done. This was genuinely fun to do. Some of them were a little too simple. But can't complain.

BCVM22

And some of them were a challenge and/or an utter pain, so it more or less balances out over all 120.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Been doing nothing but farming for Korok seeds the last couple of days. I'm over 1/3 of the way there and have the entire upper left corner of the map cleared but there are still hundreds to find. I'm enjoying it a lot even though I've had to use a guide to find where they are. I'd honestly be at it forever if I didn't use one though and it also shows me where shrines are. I'm up to 87 of those.

At the moment I'm trying to get the Lord of the Mountain to appear so I can add it to my compendium. I'm not concerned with catching it for a mount as I have Epona instead. Going to continue searching the upper right of the map for Korok seeds after I find it and then start working my way south and clearing everywhere around Zora's Domain and then towards Gerudo Desert. I wish the Korok seeds showed up on the map without having to zoom right in. It would make it so much easier to keep track of the ones I've found since I can't stamp them as I use those to mark the locations of ones I've yet to find. 100 stamps also isn't anywhere near enough when hunting Korok seeds.