• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Houka

From everything I've seen, it's most likely the Downfall timeline. This is mainly due to the history written on one of the Zora tablets as well as the appearance of the so far Downfall Timeline only Lynels. It could be the Adult timeline, but I find it highly unlikely because Hyrule is not flooded and I think that something like the complete flooding of Hyrule would have been mentioned. If the Zora tablets and a couple of other pieces of information/statements are taken, I think the only timeline that can be outright ruled out is the Child Timeline. A theory I've seen postulated on some Zelda boards and on some Youtube videos is that this takes place in a Unified Timeline or a Timeline Convergence that combines the events of all the timelines. I think it's highly unlikely that it's a Unified timeline but you never know. It could explain some pieces of contradictory information presented in the game.

But the tablet out right states that Ganon was defeated by the hero of time, which last time I check, was defeated by Ganon in that battle. If by say the sages awaken during the war before Twilight Princess and Link beat him there, then it make more sense. I don't take enemies as proof as all enemies are made by the game dude. say that Lynles are only made when Ganon Powers are quiet powerful. Adult and child seem more likely then Downfall. Personally I think the Deku Tree hint it more toward the Child as he dead in all other timelines (I refer the Deku Tree of Wind Waker as the Deku Sprout).

Akashin

But the tablet out right states that Ganon was defeated by the hero of time, which last time I check, was defeated by Ganon in that battle. If by say the sages awaken during the war before Twilight Princess and Link beat him there, then it make more sense. I don't take enemies as proof as all enemies are made by the game dude. say that Lynles are only made when Ganon Powers are quiet powerful. Adult and child seem more likely then Downfall. Personally I think the Deku Tree hint it more toward the Child as he dead in all other timelines (I refer the Deku Tree of Wind Waker as the Deku Sprout).

Unless we're talking about two different things, the tablet says faced, not defeated. It mentions that her achievements are remembered, but that doesn't really mean anything since the Sages successfully seal Ganon regardless of whether or not Link fails.

Ultimately, all that tablet tells us is that BotW isn't a complete stand-alone. But it might as well be, for all the connection it has to the rest of the series.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Honestly it could well be a standalone, or just a 'Legend of Zelda: Greatest Hits' sort of game: Bits from all across the series collected and put into one game, irrespective of continuity.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Honestly it could well be a standalone, or just a 'Legend of Zelda: Greatest Hits' sort of game: Bits from all across the series collected and put into one game, irrespective of continuity.

Yea it seems that way to me as well.

I really love the game. It's just too fun. I love gathering ingredients, beating bad guys and trying different ways to defeat bosses and the like. Finally just got the hang of defeating still Guardians and the Jr. Ones. Working on trying to upgrade Stasis next so I can try to beat a moving Guardian. Upgraded my Remote Bombs before returning a rental copy of the game.

BCVM22

DLC Pack 1 IS AVAILABLE NOW. What are you reading this for? GET GOING!

DLC Pack 2, "The Champions' Ballad" remains on track for a holiday 2017 launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otmXUsVWlDA

Coverage of DLC Pack 1 begins at about 5:08.

Among the highlights:

- Master Mode will allow you to begin a separate save file; I repeat, you can begin a second save file for Master Mode without overwriting your existing save.
- Golden enemies (including Lynels) DO exist in Master Mode
- Majora's Mask makes it harder for certain enemies to spot you, the rest of the new clothes have other minor boosts
- The Trial of the Sword has 45 floors; like the Shrines, your Sheikah Slate abilities remain but your Champion powers are disabled

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ok...

[Spoil]whose idea was it to put a Lynel in the Great Plateau?[/spoil]

BCVM22

So far the best thing I can say about DLC Pack 1 is that it helps make the game feel new again for a few days. Between the Trial of the Sword, hunting for the new items and, surprisingly, Hero's Path Mode, which has informed me of significant chunks of the map I had yet to explore.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I like Master Mode having its own save file.

Now I can let my brother play Zelda on Normal without having to create a new account

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
The Silver Lynel on the Great Plateau was really unexpected and a real eye opener for what's to come. Not even a red one, just jumping straight to Silver. Hard mode is not messing around. I haven't started it myself but I'm both excited and dreading how many Lynels are located in currently safe places where I just like to stroll through on my horse.

EDIT: The Silver Lynel on the Great Plateau was a White-Maned Lynel. I swear the picture I saw was of a silver one. Oh well, not going anywhere near it for awhile anyway.

EDIT 2: Master Mode is absolutely brutal. The Blue Bokoblins alone make the difficulty significantly harder with their increased HP and strength. Had to try and kill some of them with metal crates as I ran out of weapons which ended badly. Wolf Link is proving to be a massive help early on. He kills a lot of the enemies for me when I'm in a tight spot. Not seen a single Red Bokoblin yet. Only blue and the occasional black ones.

Last edited:

BCVM22

As far as we know, yes. If they were to announce a third DLC pack, it would either be "free" if you've already paid the $20 for the Expansion Pass, or they'd demand more money for more DLC. I don't see the former happening and I'm not sure the latter would go over very well.

Vipsoccermaster

As far as we know, yes. If they were to announce a third DLC pack, it would either be "free" if you've already paid the $20 for the Expansion Pass, or they'd demand more money for more DLC. I don't see the former happening and I'm not sure the latter would go over very well.
Yeah, very unlikely Breath of the Wild will get more DLC. In fact, from the included interview in a Zelda book that Source Gaming got its hands on, Eiji Aonuma stated that work on the next Zelda game has already begun. That's right, the next Zelda game is currently in development. The same scenario happened after Skyward Sword was completed.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
what else were they gonna do?

"great, we made the best Zelda ever. we won video games, now we never have to make another"

I'm ashamed that I usually stick to the same few boards and forgot completely about this Zelda thread.

I completed the second DLC pack for Breath of the Wild and thought it was a lot of fun. The Ganon bosses were easier this time around, and I actually enjoyed that aspect. I loved how challenging they were for me during my play through of the game, so to have a relaxing DLC was fun. I've been riding the motorcycle all around Hyrule wearing my Korok Mask in search of the little guys. I'm up to about 300, I believe. I'm nowhere near done (and honestly probably won't get them all), but it's been a lot of fun exploring areas of the map I hadn't been to before and even finding Koroks in places I had been and had just missed (the freaking Shrine of Resurrection, for example - it was just sitting there and I didn't realize until I went back for the beginning of the second DLC pack).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, as someone who bought, played, and enjoyed Hyrule Warrior on Wii U, but never purchased and DLC or Hyrule Warriors Legends, is there any good reasons I should consider getting this new Definitive Edition? I tend to not buy ports, but I'm assuming I missed a lot of content by not buying DLC and Legends. New characters alone isn't enough to convince me. Is there anything else of note I should know of?

Vipsoccermaster

So, as someone who bought, played, and enjoyed Hyrule Warrior on Wii U, but never purchased and DLC or Hyrule Warriors Legends, is there any good reasons I should consider getting this new Definitive Edition? I tend to not buy ports, but I'm assuming I missed a lot of content by not buying DLC and Legends. New characters alone isn't enough to convince me. Is there anything else of note I should know of?
Everything from Hyrule Warriors Legends will likely have made its way through. Not sure on the scenarios that are exclusive to that game, but I'd bet it'd carry over. Wind Waker and Linkle scenarios. And some new adventure maps from 3DS will also make way, too. That will be the same for the music, too. You can also pick up to four characters to play in scenarios (I think in free play) on the fly.

Since the definitive edition has everything combined from Wii U and 3DS, including all DLC, it's pretty much already a steal for all the content and DLC you missed. Think of it by just getting the base Wii U game for $60 with all the other add-ons, DLC, and 3DS content thrown in for free.

R_N

If you didn't buy the DLC or legends then you missed out on 7 full adventure mode maps (HW's Master, Twilight & Majora maps+LEgends' Great Sea, Master Great Sea, Koholint, PH/ST, Lorule) a "post game" story, linkle's side story, 2 new bosses, and 2 new fields (incorporated into all the new maps). There's also a special battle challenge mode that no one really talks about other than yo ucan play as Ganon and Cuccoo, but it's there, I guess. Just in terms of playalbe content, there's a lot there.

In addition to the 4 characters and hot swap features vip mentioned, there's also the My Fairy thing. It's...complex https://zelda.gamepedia.com/My_Fairy but from what i've heard, very useful.

Legends, to my knowledge, also completely overhauled the game balance of the maps to accommodate being in the base game and not having absurd levels. The DLC characters were also incorporated into them, some things shuffled around, etc. I expect Definitive Edition to do the same thing since there's now 8 adventure mode maps.

They didn't mention it, but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there was another adventure mode map for BotW

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So the part of the game I would be most interested in is the main story mode. Aside from the side story add-ons, is there anything about the main story itself that was changed? Or would I be playing the same exact thing as I have already?

Think of it by just getting the base Wii U game for $60 with all the other add-ons, DLC, and 3DS content thrown in for free.

Problem with that way of thinking is that I've already spent $60 on the Wii U game, so buying this would put me up to $120 spent on the game. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $60 for a game that is fundamentally the same as one I've already paid for and played.