• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

R_N

So the part of the game I would be most interested in is the main story mode. Aside from the side story add-ons, is there anything about the main story itself that was changed? Or would I be playing the same exact thing as I have already?

Problem with that way of thinking is that I've already spent $60 on the Wii U game, so buying this would put me up to $120 spent on the game. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $60 for a game that is fundamentally the same as one I've already paid for and played.

I am baffled that you're playing this solely for the story content, when even in the base game the adventure mode was the meat of the game, but Linkle's story is 5 stages, Cia's story (forgot this was in the master quest dlc) is 5 stages and the post game/great sea is 4 stages
How worth it that is is up to you

e: of these, 2 are new maps (great sea) and 2 of linkle's stages are old maps at different times of day. New maps have new bosses, linkle winds up fighting some of the new characters.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Problem with that way of thinking is that I've already spent $60 on the Wii U game, so buying this would put me up to $120 spent on the game. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $60 for a game that is fundamentally the same as one I've already paid for and played.

if you bought a disc, you can recoup some of your money by selling it

probably not most of it, but some

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am baffled that you're playing this solely for the story content, when even in the base game the adventure mode was the meat of the game, but Linkle's story is 5 stages, Cia's story (forgot this was in the master quest dlc) is 5 stages and the post game/great sea is 4 stages
How worth it that is is up to you

e: of these, 2 are new maps (great sea) and 2 of linkle's stages are old maps at different times of day. New maps have new bosses, linkle winds up fighting some of the new characters.

It's not solely about story content, that's just the thing that tends to matter most to me in most games, even in games where it isn't the main focus.

if you bought a disc, you can recoup some of your money by selling it

probably not most of it, but some

Good point. I might have to look into that.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Yeah the story mode doesn't change much. Most of the DLCs focused on expanding Adventure Mode, which was the main section of the game tbh. Story was just mechanics introduction mostly. The additions they did make were decent tbh. Two new maps which are both fairly large maps and require the multi-character switching feature, two new giant bosses, one of which is extremely challenging because there's no obvious pattern given for it for the second phase (And there is always a second phase on that guy), a bunch of new characters who are extremely fun to play as (Other than Medli but she was free on wii u anyway), plus the extra story stuff. Which tbh is pretty decent. Cia's Tale is actually somewhat challenging in parts, and actually tries to make her a somewhat interesting character, whereas Linkle's Tale is just Linkle going around on cleanup and being awesome. Also Cucoos. Linkle has lots of Cucoos. And then there's the WW bonus ending stuff which is... alright. There's definitely highs and lows to it, but the final chapter of the WW addon is quite possibly the best story chapter design in the entire game (So much so that they recycled the base concept for the FE Warriors endgame).

Is it worth getting? Well, the DLCs alone probably total about sixty quid, with less download time and having to grind up characters. It's probably worth getting.

R_N

Is the Ganon's Story part of the man story or is that post. I was never sure.

Ganondorf is just part of the story and always has been. You beat cia, then have a ganondorf interlude leading to the finale.
Cia and I think Linkle are just concurrent options
The great sea story just picks up where the original left off

BCVM22

Hyrule Warriors for the Switch releases March 22 in Japan, per the official Japanese language Zelda Twitter. No word on an international release date, separate or otherwise.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think the Zelda games are great movie material, especially if you were to release them in December, that would help their Oscar campaigns immensely.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I think the Zelda games are great movie material, especially if you were to release them in December, that would help their Oscar campaigns immensely.

Problem is that there's never been a good video game movie : / Great games aren't immune to the script changes of Hollywood.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
If a Zelda movie were to be made, what would you have it be about? Would you base it on one of the games? Make it its own story? Would you have it be live-action or animated?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I think I would rather it be animated because at least it gives way for believable effects. As for the story? Hmm...maybe the flashback as seen in Breath of the Wild to 10,000 years before the game takes place? At least that way they don't have to worry about spoiling a game and what not.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
BotW won big in the 2018 DICE awards, taking away Game of the Year, Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction, Outstanding Achievement in Game Design, and Adventure Game of the Year.

Nintendo itself won big, winning 11 of the awards.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
BotW won big in the 2018 DICE awards, taking away Game of the Year, Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction, Outstanding Achievement in Game Design, and Adventure Game of the Year.

Nintendo itself won big, winning 11 of the awards.

Breath of the Wild is one hell of a game.

I got it this weekend as a birthday gift to myself, and I spent the whole weekend playing it. I plan to do my best to explore each region of Hyrule to the fullest.

Kage-Pikachu

I tried playing this game but I suck, lol.

I enjoy killing the little trolls I've come across though and I've cleared one shrine. I've fought the stone boss but lost each time, hehe, and recently I came into contact with this boss that shoots lasers from its...eye. I had thought that you would be able to craft weapons and armour but I guess I was wrong. I'll probably get back to playing it since I made some serious progress with Super Mario Odyssey.

BCVM22

They aren't bosses. Those are simply overworld enemies in this game.

Armor has to be purchased first, and can be upgraded using the right materials (LOTS of the right materials) as you reach certain locations in Hyrule. Weapons are found or taken as is and cannot be modified.

Kage-Pikachu

Thanks, I was able to kill the laser eye guy, lol, but surprisingly he respawned! Took a lot of arrows, bows, 2 clubs, a spear, and an axe to kill it!

Do I have to complete an objective to find towns? I've been wondering since I started and haven't really gotten anywhere.