• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

BCVM22

All enemies respawn after a certain regular event happens.

If you've just started, keep following the directions the game gives you and you'll find the first town soon enough. The journey to the first town seems long, to the point where it may seem like you're lost, but stay the course.

It's important, really, to throw away a lot of what you think past Zelda games have taught you as far as traveling on foot through the overworld is concerned. You're going to travel distances that would have encompassed huge chunks of older games, and that's just to get to your next perceived objective.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks, I was able to kill the laser eye guy, lol, but surprisingly he respawned! Took a lot of arrows, bows, 2 clubs, a spear, and an axe to kill it!

Do I have to complete an objective to find towns? I've been wondering since I started and haven't really gotten anywhere.

You don't have to do anything, that's the beauty of the game. Nothing is required.

Kage-Pikachu

Cool, I need to try to find a place where I can buy stuff since I need more health. Can you increase stamina? lol, I know I could look it up but I really hate spoilers.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m currently trying to get the Thunderhelm back for the Gerudo chief. I find it strange how the Chief doesn’t make some sort of law or decree that allows Link to enter the Town without the disguise. He is the legendary hero of Hyrule and is important for the inhabitants of the realm. Plus it isn’t as if Link is masterminding some evil scheme to invade the town and enslave them as mine workers.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Cool, I need to try to find a place where I can buy stuff since I need more health. Can you increase stamina? lol, I know I could look it up but I really hate spoilers.

If you need more healing items, the best strategy is to scavenge for food. The easiest way to do this is to pick apples off trees and, if you can manage, hunt some animals for their meat. Cook this food at any fire with a cook pot and you'll get healing items, no store required. You'll want a good supply of cooked meals with you at all times.

As for stamina, you can increase it. I'm not sure if you wanted the answer as to how or not, based on your comment about spoilers, so I'll just put the answer below, just in case.

You know those Spirit Orbs you've been recieving from Shrines? You can trade those in at any Hylia statue (like the one at the Temple of Time) for either an extra heart or more stamina.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I usually gather a a s many ingredients as I can find at a time in an area and then cook them as soon as I can. Mushrooms grouped together and cooked at the same time have good results for health regeneration.

Sephiroth_Strife

Anyone else heard this rumor about the next Switch Zelda game being 2D? I had also seen some speculation that it's going to be a remake of A Link to the Past which could be neat, I guess. Personally I'd prefer the Oracle games being redone either in the style of A Link Between Worlds or turned into 3D games using OoT and MM style assets but I doubt that'll happen.

Kage-Pikachu

Just beat shrine number 2 yesterday! Now I've got access to the bomb! It's awesome! Now just gotta jog my memory about what that old man wanted in exchange for the parasail... Has anyone completed all 120 shrines?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just beat shrine number 2 yesterday! Now I've got access to the bomb! It's awesome! Now just gotta jog my memory about what that old man wanted in exchange for the parasail... Has anyone completed all 120 shrines?

To get the paraglider, you have to complete all four shrines on the Plateau.

Also, I've competed all 120 shrines.

Kage-Pikachu

Thanks so all 4 shrines and I can finally catch that freaking horse!

Nice, did you do all the shrines before talking on Ganon?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Nice, did you do all the shrines before talking on Ganon?

You don't have to, but I chose to do it. I wanted to feel like I had done everything the game had to offer before taking on Ganon, so not only did I do every shrine, but I quite literally explored every inch of Hyrule, to the point where the lines tracking where you've traveled covered essentially the entire map. Unfortunately, I only got something like 70-80% of the Korok Seeds, so I didn't quite 100% the game, but since I had more than enough to fully upgrade everything, I didn't feel the need to put myself through the pain of rechecking the entire map for the ones I missed.

Kage-Pikachu

Man that's some dedication, that's similar to what I did with Persona 5 (though there's much less to explore and unlock) what was your total amount of time spent? I like that feeling of finishing a game too.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Man that's some dedication, that's similar to what I did with Persona 5 (though there's much less to explore and unlock) what was your total amount of time spent? I like that feeling of finishing a game too.

It's hard to say how much time I spent, because the Switch's time tracker caps out at 250 hours, but I would say I put somewhere between 300-350 hours in. If all you want to do is complete the shrines, you could probably get it done faster, as I did a lot of random goofy and time-wasting things.

Still can't believe I put that much time into a single video game (that isn't named Animal Crossing).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that was before the DLC, which had me put another 20-30ish hours into the game.

Kage-Pikachu

It's hard to say how much time I spent, because the Switch's time tracker caps out at 250 hours, but I would say I put somewhere between 300-350 hours in. If all you want to do is complete the shrines, you could probably get it done faster, as I did a lot of random goofy and time-wasting things.

Still can't believe I put that much time into a single video game (that isn't named Animal Crossing).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that was before the DLC, which had me put another 20-30ish hours into the game.
Wow, that's more than I average Pokemon games! Is the DLC story based by the way or is it simply more shrines and stuff?

I guess this game is really worth it's cost since you get so much gameplay out of it, I love long games so I'm going to have fun with this.

BCVM22

The DLC adds story material taking place after the primary story.

If you're just starting out, you're a ways off from that. You will be playing this for the next 150 hours or so.

Kage-Pikachu

can you craft armor? I have been looking everywhere and only found a cap that increases speed slightly. Is armor found like weapons or can you craft it or both?

BCVM22

Armor is either purchased in the shops in each race’s village or can be found at very specific locations in the overworld.

As you reach certain locations scattered around Hyrule (four of them total), the defensive abilities of each piece of clothing (hat/helmet/mask, tunic, pants) can be increased to a certain level once you have the right materials.

As you reach each of these four locations, the level to which your armor’s defense can be raised increases as well, and all open locations will match your maximum capabilities, i.e. once you’ve reached all four, all four of them can upgrade your armor to the max, not just the final location.