• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

BCVM22

Most of your story-related questions are answered with a very pointed and meaty "you'll find out." But yes, there are narratives around all four Divine Beasts.

Kage-Pikachu

Thanks, I'm finishing up the 3rd one now, lol. That magma one is going to need a lot of prep though since it's near a freaking volcano!!!

50 shrines down now too! I think after I do the fourth I'll work on the memories. By the way, is the sword that seals darkness the exact same as the Master Sword?

Kage-Pikachu

Nice, I do enjoy that Tri-Boomerang! I haven't come across the last two yet but I have the Royal Halberd on my weapon mount.

BCVM22

Don't waste a weapon mount on a Royal Halberd. They're too common and too useful. Go out there and use it.

You're guaranteed one every time you defeat a blue Hinox, who always wear a Royal Bow, a Royal Broadsword and a Royal Halberd around their neck, all of which are solid and reliable weapons.

Kage-Pikachu

Thanks, maybe I'll switch it with my Great Frost Blade, I really love that one. I'll probably save that one for Ganon, I need to find that guy someone mentioned so I can increase my inventory. Been missing out on some awesome looking shields...

It's funny, I didn't think I'd really enjoy this game since I only ever played 3 Zelda games (the gameboy color one for less than 5 minutes and a free download on the 3ds (I think it was 4 swords or something)), but this game is addicting and fun. It's definitely giving me my moneys worth, just like Persona 5 last year.

Any advice for killing that giant sand creature that can sense vibrations?

BCVM22

There are several Moldugas in the desert, each with their own territory - as you encounter each one, you'll notice each has an identifier of its respective location.

Climb up on a tower or a rock (there are ample such platforms in every zone) and toss a bomb onto the sand as the Molduga swims by. It will sense the vibration, indicated by a "?" over its shadow in the sand, and swim towards it and leap up and eat the bomb. Detonate it once eaten to stun the creature and leave it prone atop the sand. That's your cue to hit the sand and wail it on it repeatedly. Use a spin attack and hit it repeatedly with a powerful two handed weapon, or fire bomb arrows repeatedly from afar - whatever. The more damage you can inflict, the fewer times you have to repeat the cycle. Repeat the cycle as many times as necessary until the sucker dies.

Kage-Pikachu

Thanks man! I was wondering how the heck I was supposed to kill it, so I have to make it eat the bomb first, cool.

I tried in the past to just hit it as soon as it popped up but gave up. I'll definitely get it this time.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I can’t seem to get past the Yiga clan hideout. I keep messing up. On the plus side I am getting Ancient weapons from the Guardian Amiibo so at least something good is happening. I currently have two swords and shields,, a spear, and an axe.

Kage-Pikachu

That was pretty tough, it took me several tries. I figured out that it's best to stab them before they reach the bananas but even then sometimes it didn't work right... Try using a stealth elixer beforehand.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t know which critters to use. I can get Silent Princess flowers since I have activated the Great Fairy Spring near Kakario Village.

Kage-Pikachu

How long did it take you guys to defeat Ganon time wise? I still have 60 shrines left to go before I try to attempt but should I get ready for a Persona-like final battle (which could take hours) or is it roughly the same length as the mini bosses?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
How long did it take you guys to defeat Ganon time wise? I still have 60 shrines left to go before I try to attempt but should I get ready for a Persona-like final battle (which could take hours) or is it roughly the same length as the mini bosses?

It takes minutes unless you go in with the weakest weapons you can find.