• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Link's Awakening art style looks absolutely adorable. And I really can't remember why I wanted Link's Awakening way back in September.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Remaking a GBC game on a console seems weird. This feels like it should be a 3DS game. I mean, if the 3DS wasn't already on its last legs.

Also *cough*remakeAgesandSeasons*cough*

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. It seems a bit of a waste to have a 2D Zelda (specifically a remake of one made over 20 years ago for a handheld) on a home console. I'm still interested, especially since I never played the original, but it just seems odd to have a 2D Zelda on the same console as Breath of the Wild. Would have been more interesting if they remade it into a 3D game.

Also not sure how I feel about the art style. It's cute, but I'm not sure cute is what I want (at least that type of cute).

Xuxuba

Honestly even if the 3ds is dying this game would have been better for the 3ds.

The 3ds' portability is better in terms of battery and comfort and the price wouldn't be as salty.

It is not like this game needs the Swich better hardware anyway.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Honestly even if the 3ds is dying this game would have been better for the 3ds.

The 3ds' portability is better in terms of battery and comfort and the price wouldn't be as salty.

It is not like this game needs the Swich better hardware anyway.

If you ask me, it's a bit of a catch-22. I'd so much rather play any game on the Switch than 3DS. It's just more enjoyable to be able to play on the TV with better remotes (in my opinion), so of course, if given the choice, I'd rather have this game on the Switch, but, at the same time, this game just seems like a bit of a waste for the Switch, as they could have done so much more.

R_N

The game is using signifiacntly higher detailed models and lighting (& presumably a bunch of other things), so I don't think this is a waste on switch at all even if the 3ds wasn't dead.

2D Zelda was going to haev come to switch eventually just because leaving that style behind on handhelds is a dumb idea, so this is fine.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think the art style works for this particular Zelda game, being located on an imaginary dream island.

I don't know if this same art style would quite work for Link to the Past, for example.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'll give this rendition of Links Awakening a try since I never actually finished it back on GameBoy. I remember getting to a point in the story where Chain Chomp accompanies you to another dungeon. After that I had no idea where to go or what to do next.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm so glad this is coming out on the Switch and not the 3DS. I'm so sick and tired of the gimmick machine that is the 3DS and I've been wanting to play Awakening for years. I have it on the 3DS virtual console but just couldn't get into it, this will help immensely.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know, I'm really glad they're keeping the Nintendo references. It's gonna be weird fighting Kirbys again, though.

If Wart's gonna come back, can they at least remember to use his English name instead of Mamu, his Japanese name, like in the original?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I can't ****ing believe we're about to get a 3D model of Wart for the first time ever.
If Wart's gonna come back, can they at least remember to use his English name instead of Mamu, his Japanese name, like in the original?

Wart? Like from Mario Bros 2? I knew there were Goombas and Chain Chomps already, but Wart? Wow.

R_N

Wart? Like from Mario Bros 2? I knew there were Goombas and Chain Chomps already, but Wart? Wow.
There's a number of mario enemies. Goomba, Chain Chomp, Cheep Cheep, Shy Guy ("Mask-Mimic"), Wart ("Mamu", his Japanese name) and also Kirby (or, "Anti-Kirby")

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
There's a number of mario enemies. Goomba, Chain Chomp, Cheep Cheep, Shy Guy ("Mask-Mimic"), Wart ("Mamu", his Japanese name) and also Kirby (or, "Anti-Kirby")
And Piranha Plants. There is one or two levels with them. I also wonder if the DX Color Dungeon will be in the game?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I didn't realize that you could steal from the shops in the first place. Even funnier considering the fact that the shop owner will kill you in one hit with a blast of electricity when you re-enter the shop lol. Best part of it all with everyone including the Wind Fish calling you THIEF rather than your name for the rest of the game.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Come to think of it, didn't Nintendo recently retcon the timeline placement of Link's Awakening? I wonder if this game is the reason. Perhaps they added something new to the game that required a change in placement.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Come to think of it, didn't Nintendo recently retcon the timeline placement of Link's Awakening? I wonder if this game is the reason. Perhaps they added something new to the game that required a change in placement.
Maybe, unlikely they'll add anything completely substantial. Easter Eggs perhaps? As well as them having to release something in-between Breath of the Wild and the next new title.

R_N

They swaapped it from happening after Oracle of Seasons/Ages to happening before Oracle.

I don't think there is anything about this change that would affect the game in anyway. I honestly think it happened solely because they figured the 2 games should be in chronological order and also maybe want to go "no its fine link got to the mainland just fine."

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
While I'm not expecting the game for at least another 2 years. I'm glad we're getting a direct sequel. There's so much lore in the game untouched.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm very interested to see how they'll handle the sequel. Assuming they reuse the same map to save them 90% of the effort from the first game, how will they encourage us to explore the map again? I can't speak for anyone else, but I explored every single inch of the map, so I'm not really interested in doing it again.

Biggest hope for this game is more traditional dungeons and more of them. That was the number one issue with Breath of the Wild in my opinion.