• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
It's not Demise. It's Ganondorf. He has the gem on the forehead and a Gerudo necklace, not to mention the red hair.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It's not Demise. It's Ganondorf. He has the gem on the forehead and a Gerudo necklace, not to mention the red hair.
Actually to be accurate, we were talking about how Demise is the malice, the dark gooey magic stuff and he is the evil glowing green hand, which I assume most of you noticed in the trailer, that's reviving Ganondorf's corpse or perhaps possessing it.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Except it's not? The Malice is oozing out of the body. The arm at the very least is portrayed to be keeping the mummified Ganondorf at bay.

The same arm proceeds to catch Link when he's falling down from the floor collapsing.

shoz999

Except it's not? The Malice is oozing out of the body. The arm at the very least is portrayed to be keeping the mummified Ganondorf at bay.

The same arm proceeds to catch Link when he's falling down from the floor collapsing.
Now that's a good eye, the green hand is good, not evil. Still that doesn't disprove that Demise has a big role to play here. In fact, I have a hunch we might actually learn more about him since the game is showing Ganon's "rebirth" you could say.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I mean, isn't Demise always playing a big role since he is the original version of every Ganon/Ganondorf?

I'm curious about the fact that the arm looks to be covering a specific place in the abdomen, a place we've seen Ganondorf being struck at twice before in Twilight Princess.
Once in the Arbiter's Grounds, and again when Link finally defeats him at the end.

shoz999

Okay! Okay! Okay! Hear me out! I think I know how this Breath of the Wild Sequel would work! So one of the big questions is, how are they going to reuse the old Breath of the Wild world for a new game if they can? Some have argued they won't but I have an idea how they could and that is. They either A) go into an alternate dimension or more than likely B) They go back in time, to the past! Before Hyrule was destroyed! Now why? Because the game mechanics and a story around time would make sense for a storyline between not only Demise's resurrection as Ganon but also the goddess Hylia. That green arm that has Shiekah/Twili-like golden patterns, that could actually BE HYLIA and Link and Zelda are going to travel back to time for whatever reason! But this is all theoretical.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I've seen people give the Twili people a shout, which kinda sorta makes sense.

The other thing that caught my attention, and something that completely disregards the theory in my previous post, is that this Ganondorf was the Champion/Knight that was chosen 10,000 years ago. This in the history recap from Impa, and wall painting sort of suggest something similar. It doesn't help that the knight facing Ganon does not look like Link in any shape or form.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The other thing that caught my attention, and something that completely disregards the theory in my previous post, is that this Ganondorf was the Champion/Knight that was chosen 10,000 years ago. This in the history recap from Impa, and wall painting sort of suggest something similar. It doesn't help that the knight facing Ganon does not look like Link in any shape or form.

Wait... what...? Why would Ganondorf fill in for the role of Chosen Hero and use the Maser Sword, Blade of Evil's Bane, to help Zelda to defeat Ganon, his alter ego? There are so many things wrong with that.

As far as the art not looking like Link, it looks just as much like him as the other looks like Zelda. Sure, he's wearing blue instead of green, but for whatever reason, that's normal for Breath of the Wild. It's extremely stylized artwork, it's expected to not look completely right.

And, if that's not enough for you, that is the Hylian Champion shown in that art, with the Gerudo Champion shown on one of the corners. If, somehow, Ganondorf were to be a Champion, he would be the Gerudo Champion, seeing as he's a Gerudo.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
It's just a theory that's been going on. Because look at Zelda, she has her blonde hair. But the 'Link' is sporting a different hair color.

Enjoyed this breakdown over a lot of the others . Lot's of TP references that I missed first glance. Also the fact there's no OW Sheikah presence.

If we're basing theories on established hair color, shouldn't it be mentioned that TP Zelda was a brunette, but was still Zelda and had her powers, etc.?

BCVM22

Breath of the Wild is a historically great game and disconnected enough that you’re not missing out on decades of continuity or one callback after another that you won’t otherwise get, and I can’t recommend the game enough.

With that said, as with any entry in a thirty year old franchise, playing the most recent game as your first title means you won’t quite get 100% out of it, even if that only means you’ll only get 98% out of it instead.

lablablabz

Breath of the Wild is a historically great game and disconnected enough that you’re not missing out on decades of continuity or one callback after another that you won’t otherwise get, and I can’t recommend the game enough.

With that said, as with any entry in a thirty year old franchise, playing the most recent game as your first title means you won’t quite get 100% out of it, even if that only means you’ll only get 98% out of it instead.

Thanks for the input! Looks like I'll go with BotW. Maybe I'll get the remake of Link's Awakening too when it comes out.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I've never played Zelda but I'm looking into starting playing it. Is BotW a good starting point?
Soooo... I actually never played any other Legend of Zelda game except the original on my Nintendo Switch Online and BotW. I have read about all the other games however. So I will tell you my experience.

I was given Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on my birthday. I would have never bought a Zelda game because I felt that buying it without having experienced any backstory fron the other games would leave me confused. I was wrong. The moment I dived into that game, I was hooked! Because of it, I started reading up on past Zelda games and saw how certain games were connected to this one BUT not dependent on them. The story, the gameplay, the graphics, the mechanics, the battles, the customization... breathtaking.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is like the oddball out of the entire franchise, from what I read. I will compare it to the Abridged Yu-Gi-Oh Season when Yugi Moto, Joey Wheeler, and co. minds were trapped in that digital world and they had to battle the five dudes (forgot what they were called) to escape. That season was a filler and so out of place. That's what this game is.

As for speculation on the sequel, I am not sure but I would love it if Zelda and Link had to resurrect Ganon to battle an even great threat after learning they each hold a piece of the tri-force and, together, must defeat this greater evil. I would also love it if somehow, the Divine Beast Champions were resurrected and brought into play.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That poll... bothers me... where is Skyward Sword? :(
I think it qualifies under 'Others' and people can talk about what they like about it in thread, meaning any game that isn't listed overall. There are a lot of Zelda games to be fair.

shoz999

Playing Breath of the Wild. Had to let go of a horse because I hit my limit. He said my older horse is going to be alright... and he kind of paused there for a moment before telling they'll take care of the horse... what uh... what was with that pause there horse registration guy? Something your not telling me?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Playing Breath of the Wild. Had to let go of a horse because I hit my limit. He said my older horse is going to be alright... and he kind of paused there for a moment before telling they'll take care of the horse... what uh... what was with that pause there horse registration guy? Something your not telling me?
Perhaps that guy is the source of Tesco burgers.