1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Zelda games discussion

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Zelda game

1. Twilight Princess

25.7%
  2. Wind Waker

24.6%
  3. Ocarina of Time

39.6%
  4. Others

33.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken Feeling Mello

Actually, I think expecting it for Holiday 2020 is realistic. There's already a base for the sequel.
    It's similar to MM's development.

Hyrule Castle was already shown to be reacting to something, so map changes are coming in some format.
    Even the location of the entity they've come into contact with is unknown.

And I don't think Nintendo wouldn't touch up on rectifying the big criticisms BotW had.

2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Watching the Breath of the Wild 2 trailer again, I've really got to say, it looks really promising.

The biggest thing is the story. This one scene alone is story-packed that it, in a way, has more story than much of Breath of the Wild. I can't see them starting the game with something like this and not continuing on with good story.

Even more importantly is that we seem to have Ganondorf back. Something important to note is that typically when we have just Ganon without Ganondorf, he just kind of sits there as the final boss, not doing much earlier in the game, but when we get Ganondorf, he actively influences the story. So if we actually get Ganondorf in this game, it's a really good sign for its story.

I was reluctant to call Breath of the Wild the best Zelda game, but if we get another game like it, but with a deeper story and better dungeons, I will totally admit it's the best game in the franchise.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I've sort of been wondering where they go after BotW, do you just keep making BotW again but with a new map each time? Forget it entirely and go 'backwards' to a more traditional Zelda? I'm wondering if this may be a mix of BotW and classic Zelda, more story-driven game on the same Hyrule, looks like some extra areas underground or something.

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Somewhat random, but I never understood why Breath of the Wild didn't have real caves. They're a Zelda staple and it could have been fun to find a cave in, let's say, the Gerudo highlands, explore it, and have it spit you out on the far side of the Gerudo Desert, or something like that. Would have added even more exploration and discovery elements to the game.

shoz999 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Nevermore... Staff Member

Yea I didn't understand that either. I hope that this next game has some of them in it.

6. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

It is look good but hope link will be get new getup? I miss green shirt and peter pan hat that he had

7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Breath of the Wild had 120+ Shrines in it, all of which had to be sought out. Who is sitting here going “okay but what about caves?”

The Champion tunic was his default story outfit for the entirety of BotW. His traditional garb barely factored in.

8. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I was simply trying to suggest something that would make the world even more interesting. There's always room to improve. That's not to say I was trying to complain or suggesting that the game was in any way lacking.

9. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Nevermore... Staff Member

More traditional ones. I have no problem with the shrines.

Exactly. That's where I'm at too.

Redstar45 likes this.
  10. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

I know but i am bit of a traditionalist .....i feel like they shouldn't mess with it as it is classic ....but it is my opinion of course.

11. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

I hope this time we get way more monsters. I got really tired of defeating the same ones after a time. A lot of them were the same old monsters but with different collors.

I also hope we get more dungeons with better elaborated puzzles and more enemies inside them.

I also hope we get

12. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

I just had a thought but what if this Legend of Zelda takes place in the same world as the original Breath of the Wild but it's new gimmick, it's new exploration, it's selling point isn't the shrines bu 7 to 10 massive traditional dungeons that are more focused on the story? Seeing that Hyrule Castle floating to the skies reminded me of the classic Zelda dungeons of previous games.

13. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I saw something pointed out elsewhere about the trailer that I found really interesting. At first glance, I assumed that the Malice was being absorbed into Ganondorf in order to revive him. However, I can confirm after re-watching it that the Malice is actually pouring out of him. What I saw suggested is that Ganondorf entombed himself under Hyrule Castle purposefully in order to generate Malice from his own body, which would gain form and become Calamity Ganon. This would mean that Calamanity Ganon isn't actually Ganon, but rather more of a Phantom Ganon. Now with Calamity Ganon defeated, it's Ganondorf's time to awaken (I know, let's call the game Ganondorf's Awakening!). One way or another, I'm willing to bet this game will give us a Calamity Ganon origin story.

Also, for whatever it's worth, I'm pretty sure I was able to hear Ganondorf's theme buried in the creepy music that played during the trailer.

And, once again, I can't stress enough how promising this game's story is looking from only a minute's worth of footage. With Breath of the Wild, we rarely got any story footage at all from trailers until the very end, and even those weren't this story-dense.

14. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

This was one of my biggest criticisms of BotW, and hopefully it'll be rectified. I wanna see at least see Darknuts/Iron Knuckles, Poes, Deku Babas, Peahats and Redeads, and there's a load more enemies they can bring back that've only had a few appearances (those snail things from SS would be perfect for Gerudo Desert).

Agreed. BotW's story was mostly told through (optional) flashbacks, which sort of... took me out of the game. I'm looking forward to them being able to (hopefully) develop a proper story for this game, and I'm psyched for how dark it looks.

15. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

I might be alone in this idea but what if we get to play as Zelda for short sections. Say she and Link go separate ways to achieve different objectives?

I mean after BotW she's awake and could recover some of magical powers to become more formidable throughout the journey.

16. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

You mean sections like in Spirit Tracks how you could have Zelda possess a Phantom and work together with Link to solve puzzles or sections as in She is completely independent from Link and doesn’t need his help accomplishing a task?

17. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

Either could work, they could switch between them in the same area or on separate sides of the map.

She could also have her own mini-missions in the vain of Siri from Witcher 3. Zelda has her own equipment and abilities but you only play as her for certain chapters.

18. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken Feeling Mello

Outside of the meme, seeing this and then reading what you said just meshed a little too well.

I was under the impression that the Malice dissipated, but I can't say no to an actual Ganondorf fight.

There's so much lore that can be fleshed out, rectify the complaints of BotW, add more monsters and dungeon and you can't go wrong with this.

19. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Okay, so based on that stuff about Ganondorf's body being the source of the Malice in Breath of the Wild that I posted before, I've come up with a pretty interesting theory.

So, Ganondorf's body seems to essentially be a wellspring of Malice. It pours out from him to infest the land. Here's what's interesting though, malice is just another word for hatred. And you know what Ganondorf is? He is the vessel of Demise's curse, a curse to reincarnate his hatred to always be there to fight Link and Zelda. What if Malice is literally Demise's hatred that Ganondorf harbors? This would mean that Ganondorf somehow found a way to tap into this hatred as source of energy, and used it to create Calamity Ganon.

20. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

Wait, wait, wait, wait... wait.... wait. So your telling me... that no one came up with this obvious theory that the main villain could also be Demise from Skyward Sword?! Okay! Okay! Who here actually finished Skyward Sword, the greatest Legend of Zelda game in my opinion before Breath of the Wild! Yeah! I said it! I think Skyward Sword is the greatest before BOTW came!