1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Zelda games discussion

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Zelda game

1. Twilight Princess

25.7%
  2. Wind Waker

24.6%
  3. Ocarina of Time

39.6%
  4. Others

33.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken Feeling Mello

It's not Demise. It's Ganondorf. He has the gem on the forehead and a Gerudo necklace, not to mention the red hair.

2. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

Actually to be accurate, we were talking about how Demise is the malice, the dark gooey magic stuff and he is the evil glowing green hand, which I assume most of you noticed in the trailer, that's reviving Ganondorf's corpse or perhaps possessing it.

3. CyberBlaziken

Except it's not? The Malice is oozing out of the body. The arm at the very least is portrayed to be keeping the mummified Ganondorf at bay.

The same arm proceeds to catch Link when he's falling down from the floor collapsing.

4. shoz999

Now that's a good eye, the green hand is good, not evil. Still that doesn't disprove that Demise has a big role to play here. In fact, I have a hunch we might actually learn more about him since the game is showing Ganon's "rebirth" you could say.

5. CyberBlaziken

I mean, isn't Demise always playing a big role since he is the original version of every Ganon/Ganondorf?

I'm curious about the fact that the arm looks to be covering a specific place in the abdomen, a place we've seen Ganondorf being struck at twice before in Twilight Princess.
    Once in the Arbiter's Grounds, and again when Link finally defeats him at the end.

6. shoz999

Okay! Okay! Okay! Hear me out! I think I know how this Breath of the Wild Sequel would work! So one of the big questions is, how are they going to reuse the old Breath of the Wild world for a new game if they can? Some have argued they won't but I have an idea how they could and that is. They either A) go into an alternate dimension or more than likely B) They go back in time, to the past! Before Hyrule was destroyed! Now why? Because the game mechanics and a story around time would make sense for a storyline between not only Demise's resurrection as Ganon but also the goddess Hylia. That green arm that has Shiekah/Twili-like golden patterns, that could actually BE HYLIA and Link and Zelda are going to travel back to time for whatever reason! But this is all theoretical.

7. CyberBlaziken

I've seen people give the Twili people a shout, which kinda sorta makes sense.

The other thing that caught my attention, and something that completely disregards the theory in my previous post, is that this Ganondorf was the Champion/Knight that was chosen 10,000 years ago. This in the history recap from Impa, and wall painting sort of suggest something similar. It doesn't help that the knight facing Ganon does not look like Link in any shape or form.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Wait... what...? Why would Ganondorf fill in for the role of Chosen Hero and use the Maser Sword, Blade of Evil's Bane, to help Zelda to defeat Ganon, his alter ego? There are so many things wrong with that.

As far as the art not looking like Link, it looks just as much like him as the other looks like Zelda. Sure, he's wearing blue instead of green, but for whatever reason, that's normal for Breath of the Wild. It's extremely stylized artwork, it's expected to not look completely right.

And, if that's not enough for you, that is the Hylian Champion shown in that art, with the Gerudo Champion shown on one of the corners. If, somehow, Ganondorf were to be a Champion, he would be the Gerudo Champion, seeing as he's a Gerudo.

9. CyberBlaziken

It's just a theory that's been going on. Because look at Zelda, she has her blonde hair. But the 'Link' is sporting a different hair color.

Enjoyed this breakdown over a lot of the others . Lot's of TP references that I missed first glance. Also the fact there's no OW Sheikah presence.

10. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

If we're basing theories on established hair color, shouldn't it be mentioned that TP Zelda was a brunette, but was still Zelda and had her powers, etc.?