• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
One type of Zelda game I’ve always wanted is one where there is this huge coliseum like structure with numerous rooms and doors and in each room is a version of every boss ever featured in the series. You can gain access to these rooms if you find the main item used for the fight such as Slime Eel from LA’s room being accessible if you have the Hookshot or the Koloktos room being blocked off by a giant statue and you must use the Whip to pull down a giant sword near by to destroy the statue. The outside world is similar to Breath of the Wild where you explore the entire map and find the items you’ll need in chest throughout the world. Some are in plain sight but in places that you need to work to get to and others are cleverly hidden behind a puzzle.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Looking back at the series, I remember how people saw Twilight Princess as the natural successor to Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask, that this was the "real" Zelda game they were waiting for after Wind Waker, that these were the definitive Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf that fans wanted which rung true for a lot of Zelda fans at the time. When they saw Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, everyone imagined them in their Twilight Princess clothing/armor back than. Wind Waker was like in it's own entirely different world whereas Twilight Princess was seen as the natural evolution of OoT/MM. Super Smash Bros. especially cemented this all the way up to Wii U.

Funny how nowadays fans think Twilight Princess just seems out of place after Skyward Sword, Link Between Worlds, and Breath of the Wild.

Staraptor398

I love the Zelda franchise and have played mainline every game in the series.

Favourite Game is Majora's Mask cause it was the game that introduced me to Zelda. Breath of the Wild comes Second.
Favourite Dungeon is Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask.
Favourite Dungeon Boss is Stallord from twilight princess and Koloktos from Skyward Sword
Favourite Soundtrack is the OOT soundtrack
Favourite Zelda Character is Midna from Twilight Princess and Zelda from Breath of the Wild.
Least Favourite Zelda Game : Zelda II : The Adventure of Link, I did not find it hard, just annoying.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Posting this here too;

Another Stealth Drop; Nintendo has announced Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

So to recap

New Hyrule Warriors game with the same Musou style gameplay
Official BotW prequel, with the graphic style to match BotW's as well
Link, Zelda, and the four champions, Urbosa, Daruk, Revali, and Mipha confirmed to be playable
Releases November 20th, 2020. Yes, 2 months from now.

R_N

Since HW Definitive Edition is right there for all the fanservice, I'm gussing this game will proooobably stick to new movesets and characters (focused on BOTW, obviously). On one hand it is a shame to not have another chance at getting Groose or whoever, but I respect them going in such a different, focused direction.

Also the box art collage focuses on the playable cast and there's a tiny little guardian in with them. Playable guardian (kind of!)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Least Favourite Zelda Game : Zelda II : The Adventure of Link, I did not find it hard, just annoying.
Zelda II is also one of my least favorite entries in the series but only because I can’t figure out how to select and use the Magic Spells. I know you pause the game and press up and down on the D pad but I can’t activate them even when I push every button. Triforce Heroes is my least favorite of all because it relies so much on multiplayer and impossible to finish the game solo and using the WiFi connection to find others to help you made things even worse because half the time you get outvoted and are forced to do the same levels that you don’t need to do and the others can lift you up and hold you over their heads in the Lobby and you can’t do anything to stop them. One player did this to me and held me while doing nothing else but standing still for twenty minutes. This really infuriated me and I was forced to shut off my 3DS just to get rid of the jerk and because you can’t blacklist any players until they do one Adventure with you, I never got to put him on my ban list and he ruined the entire game for me as I only got four areas unlocked and the last one I couldn’t even complete the first section solo but literally no one wanted to help me clear it.

shoz999

I love the Zelda franchise and have played mainline every game in the series.

Favourite Game is Majora's Mask cause it was the game that introduced me to Zelda. Breath of the Wild comes Second.
Favourite Dungeon is Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask.
Favourite Dungeon Boss is Stallord from twilight princess and Koloktos from Skyward Sword
Favourite Soundtrack is the OOT soundtrack
Favourite Zelda Character is Midna from Twilight Princess and Zelda from Breath of the Wild.
Zelda franchise is just so good that when it's over, you don't want it to be other. For me...

Favorite non-Breath of the Wild Game is Skyward Sword
Favorite Dungeon is Snowpeak Ruins from Twilight Princess
Favorite Dungeon Boss is Koloktos from Skyward Sword
Favorite Soundtrack is the Skyward Sword soundtrack
Favorite Zelda Character is Midna from Twilight Princess
Least Favorite Zelda Game: Zelda II

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Posting this here too;

Another Stealth Drop; Nintendo has announced Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

So to recap

New Hyrule Warriors game with the same Musou style gameplay
Official BotW prequel, with the graphic style to match BotW's as well
Link, Zelda, and the four champions, Urbosa, Daruk, Revali, and Mipha confirmed to be playable
Releases November 20th, 2020. Yes, 2 months from now.

This is such a perfect setting for a Warriors game. Actually looking forward to this one.

shoz999

hyrule-41_yfrd.620.jpg

I wonder how much the environments will look different this time to reflect how it was a 100 years ago rather than simply because of gameplay purposes. For example, will we see Hebra's Mountain in it's original state, will some of the temples be furnished to look new rather than in ruins such as the Temple of Time or Forgotten Temple? I think Hyrule Castle would be an obvious, if not an unavoidable, choice to restore before the 100 years hit. Loving the look of this town in the image above, I'm guessing this is the town square in-front of Hyrule Castle? I hope so. Speaking of gameplay purposes, I can see them redesigning Goron City nestled around Death Mountain and Zora's Domain nestled around Zora Lake to look more like actual cities surrounded by dungeon-like environments as opposed to the environments in Breath of the Wild that were purposely designed off of natural formations.

I'm intrigued by this title but it's better to wait and see rather than to look forward to it already. It's a Dynasty Warrior game after all. Although, it would be interesting to see other Zelda characters, like Skull Kid or Zant, make a return (canon or not) in Breath of the Wild's artstyle. That would be certainly fun.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I was certainly not expecting a canonical Hyrule Warriors game.

Because of its nature surrounding the events of the Great Calamity, I expect that this game will be more grounded in the characters and settings.

I would want to give this game a chance, but I wouldn't make it a priority purchase necessarily. Besides, I still haven't beaten Breath of the Wild.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh wow, this is amazing. I loved Hyrule Warriors, and recently had been considering getting Definitive Edition to have an excuse to play it again, but this is way better. The idea to use a spin-off to tell a story that very much needed to be told is pure genius. I'm so happy we'll actually get to experience the events of the Great Calamity. I'm also very much looking forward to seeing what Hyrule Warriors can do when given a tight and specific story and without the entire Zelda sandbox to play in. This should be great.

Anyone have any character predictions? Obviously there's Link, Zelda, and the Champions, and younger Impa seems like an obvious choice. King Rhoam seems like a good choice as well, but what else could there be? Do we know anyone else who both would have been alive at the time and would make a good fighter? Other, more random, options that come to mind are Pura, Robbie, and Kass' mentor. Also, I don't think the mini white Guardian will be playable, I'm betting it's a stand-in for Proxi (A Proxi proxy?).

The one kind of bummer thing that could possibly be taken from this is that we may still be some ways away from Breath of the Wild 2. I was holding out for a holiday 2021 release date at the latest, but it kind of feels like this could be a stopgap game to hold us over for an even longer time than that.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I never played the first Hyrule Warriors game, though I always wanted to.

Having thoroughly enjoyed Breath of Wild and continue to, I will definitely be getting Age of Calamity should I have the means to do so in November (or December, whatevz).

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I find it pretty interesting that Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is 15.6 GB, compared to Zelda: BotW's 14.4. Unless it's the standard for every fighting game, I'm so hyped to see the content it will come with.

Torpoleon

Wow, that was a nice surprise! Looks like we have Nintendo's big holiday title. This game is such a great idea. I hope all the memories from BOTW and what led to those moments are shown in full here.

So, who else do you guys think will be playable? We know Link, Zelda and the Champions are playable. I think the King of Hyrule has a good chance to playable, as well as Impa and maybe even Purah. Not sure who else could be added. Maybe they could have a BOTW style Sheik for Zelda at certain points in the story. Kind of hard to think of other playable characters because a lot of other popular options from BOTW weren't around 100 years prior (Sidon, Kass, etc.).

I do think we could see the Blights be playable. Maybe we could play as them and beat the champions. The original HW had an option to play as the villains, so I can see that happening here. Wonder if we'll see a more Ganondorf, as opposed to the beast and if that could be similar to the one from BOTW 2's E3 trailer.

R_N

The Japanese website suggests that you can change between Champions in a battle. In Zora's Domain, you can change between Link, Zelda, and Mipha.
Makes sense, Legends (& DE) and FEW had the same mechanic.

Anyone have any character predictions? Obviously there's Link, Zelda, and the Champions, and younger Impa seems like an obvious choice. King Rhoam seems like a good choice as well, but what else could there be? Do we know anyone else who both would have been alive at the time and would make a good fighter? Other, more random, options that come to mind are Pura, Robbie, and Kass' mentor. Also, I don't think the mini white Guardian will be playable, I'm betting it's a stand-in for Proxi (A Proxi proxy?).
younger Impa seems pretty likely
I'm willing to bet that the king korok (who I assume is basically ageless) gets in, maybe in the same realm of "Joke" as Great Fairy weapon was. Koroks also missed the mark in the previous HW so this is a good opportunity to have a wood & wind moveset, especially if the old movesets dont return and they want to reuse any ideas from Lana's Spear.

I think there'll probably be some new characters to help fill in roles. A yiga clan leader, for example. We're 100 years in the past, it makes a lot of sense for new characters to be added to flesh out the world.

in terms of "bonus" characters, I can also see us getting characters from BOTW1 but only usable in the adventure mode or free play. Someone like Sidon. Kass also seems likely, I'm sure they'll be able to do silly things with that accordion.

and my random theory is Zelda will team up with *drumroll* Fi! who will manifest herself to bring Link back to safety and also reuse moveset assets

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm willing to bet that the king korok (who I assume is basically ageless) gets in, maybe in the same realm of "Joke" as Great Fairy weapon was. Koroks also missed the mark in the previous HW so this is a good opportunity to have a wood & wind moveset, especially if the old movesets dont return and they want to reuse any ideas from Lana's Spear.

Do you mean Hestu? Is he considered a king? I don't recall anything along those lines.

Anyways, he did come to mind for me as well, but I wrote him off as there being no serious way to integrate him. Then again, if Agitha could make it into the original Hyrule Warriors, I suppose Hestu could make it here. Speaking of, I kind of hope they keep the "joke" characters toned down this time. It was one thing in the original where it was a completely non-canon romp in the Zelda sandbox, but this game is a serious prequel, and I hope they treat their character selection accordingly.

I think there'll probably be some new characters to help fill in roles. A yiga clan leader, for example. We're 100 years in the past, it makes a lot of sense for new characters to be added to flesh out the world.

I definitely expect original characters, given that the original had some major characters it introduced. A Yiga leader seems like a pretty good options for a primary antagonist. Perhaps Kohga's teacher. Actually, they might even be able to bring in Kohga himself, since we have no way of knowing how old he was under the mask, and Sheikah can live to be extremely old. It would be cool to get some backstory on Kohga, and maybe even see him before he became an overweight joke of a character.

and my random theory is Zelda will team up with *drumroll* Fi! who will manifest herself to bring Link back to safety and also reuse moveset assets

That's a great idea. I'd love it if that happened. I'm just skeptical that Nintendo would allow that in a canon (semi-canon?) prequel to one of their biggest games. Even if Fi was massively referenced, I'm not sure Nintendo would want to go as far as to have Fi outright appear. Would be amazing though.