1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Zelda games discussion

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Zelda game

1. Twilight Princess

25.7%
  2. Wind Waker

24.6%
  3. Ocarina of Time

39.6%
  4. Others

33.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

They take the horse out back and shoot it. That's why the game is rated M for Mature.

Hydrohs and AuraChannelerChris like this.
  2. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

It's actually because Skyward Sword wasn't released when the poll was made.

WishIhadaManafi5 and Dragalge like this.
  3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

My favorite games are the Oracle games, Link’s Awakening, Link to the Past, Minish Cap, and Link Between Worlds. I also like Majora’s Mask and Ocarina of Time but I’ve only played the 3DS ports. I like Skyward Sword and love BotW but I haven’t finished them yet.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  4. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Ah thanks. Didn't spot the thread's start date lol.

I love the Oracle games too. Ages was my first Zelda game that I've ever played.

5. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Youngster Joey!

It still bothers me regardless if there's a good reason or not.

6. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Well-Known Member

For those owning the DLC for Zelda,

How would you rate it? I know most people are hyped for the Motorbike, but soon as you're done with the game and exploring, its use becomes limited in long run. Are new shrines and the new Divine Beast worth buying it? I'm also interested in collecting all Korok seeds so, does Korok Mask ease the process?

7. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Where's the KISS concert at?"

It's certainly well worth it, as it also expands more on the previous four champions.

But be prepared for the entree. It's certainly muuuuuuuuuuuuch harder than what follows after it.

8. Captain Jigglypuff

I have tried the Trial of the Sword but only made it to the sixth floor before the Stone Talus killed me.

9. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

You'll wanna get proficient at beating the Stronger Enemies without taking much damage if you have any hopes of succeeding in the Trial of the Sword. Stone Taluses, Hinoxses, Stalnoxes, Lynels, Guardians... For the latter, you'll save a ton of weapon durability (which is at a premium in the trials) if you master parrying their Beams back at them.

10. Hydrohs

DLC is great, I never used the Master Cycle and the Trial of the Sword was too tough for me. But the extra shrines and stuff was real cool.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  11. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

I love the Master Cycle for no reason other than the fact that it has no fall damage. Driving off a cliff and landing safely is just funny to me.

The Trials are tough but that makes them satisfying to triumph over. Really give you a sense of accomplishment... That and they appealed to me since I loved the concept of Eventide Island where you start with nothing and have to succeed based on managing limited resources that you acquire. It's a nice change of pace since Savage Lynel Club + Barbarian Armor Set can turn just about everything in the game into a fine paste.

12. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Youngster Joey!

So I finished pretty much every single shrine in the base game, no DLC. What else is there to do outside of sidequests? I'm talking lore stuff or puzzles. None of the combat challenge ideas.

13. Hydrohs

Korok Seeds is the other big one, there's not really a whole lot of lore stuff. Lot's to see, but nothing is really explained. I suggest just exploring, use the Hero's Path to check where you haven't been yet.

WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.
  14. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Reminds me of the one memory I (still) couldn't find. I don't want it spoiled, so I won't mention which one, lol.

But I swear I saw it in a stream and still can't locate it.

15. shivaa

shivaa Member

Breath of the Wild is my favorite. Just like OOT, there will be a before and after Breath of the Wild. Not only for the adventure game, but also for the license itself. Huge, mature, poetic, epic, unforgettable like the encounters of adventure and its talent to reinvent codes of the genre. An absolute MUST, and surely one of the best game ever created. Yes, just that. Nintendo Hat and Monolith Soft.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  16. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

Kinda hoping TP HD and WW HD gets ported.

17. Captain Jigglypuff

Me too as WW is the only main series Zelda game aside from Four Swords Adventure I haven’t played. I basically gave up ever trying FSA since it is best to play with four players, needs the GBA Link Cable for best playing experience, and need a GC to do all of this. But WW is the game I want to play the most. I have TP on the Wii. I also want a SS port as well with better motion controls as the Beetle and directing the mine carts were frustrating and the sword movement didn’t always sync perfectly with your motions with the screen.

18. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Never been able to do that. But I've found other ways of beating them.

19. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Gonna be honest here. I tried WW and TP. I couldn't really get into it.
    My main problem with WW was the camera angles (they made me kind of nauseous, dunno why). In TP, it was the controls.

Which is a shame because their stories seem to be really good and their characters seem to be really charming.

20. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I don't know how to remedy Wind Waker, but were you playing the Wii version of Twilight Princess?

If so, there are still the Gamecube and Wii U versions that don't use motion controls.

Xuxuba likes this.