• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m picking up my copy tonight after work and plan on playing it all weekend. Also in a strange way, I’ve discovered that Zelda’s Loftwing oddly looks exactly like a Cramorant with only the eyes being the only difference.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

So after wrapping up Skyward Sword HD, I took some time to reflect on the biggest point of contention for the game's re-release; the amiibo and the QoL locked behind it. It was definitely a really silly, scummy move to lock the Return to the Sky without a statue QoL behind an amiibo you have to pay extra for but... I honestly didn't even really mind it in practice. Mostly because Bird Statues to return to the sky are so abundant that you literally cannot go 30 seconds without finding one when you know where they are, and you still spend extra time having to load and scan the amiibo. I ended up not even using the amiibo because it really wasn't needed and didn't even save that much time.

So while it was undoubtedly scummy and I would've loved to have a "Return to sky outside of statues" option not be locked behind amiibo... in practice, it didn't make much of a difference.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
After a year of putting it off, I finally finished the Chanpions' Ballad DLC and got the Master Cycle Zero.

The game has effectively become Grand Theft Auto, especially since I'm killing every living thing that comes into contact with that bike. lol

Finally completed Skyward Sword. I played the original for the Wii but was stuck at the Eldin Silent Realm. Overall I really liked the game, I was so glad I could use button controls this time around and for the various other QoL improvements.

I did buy the Amiibo, but never used it since both of my joycon pairs are drifting and my pro controllers don't support Amiibo.

R_N

Finally completed Skyward Sword. I played the original for the Wii but was stuck at the Eldin Silent Realm. Overall I really liked the game, I was so glad I could use button controls this time around and for the various other QoL improvements.

I did buy the Amiibo, but never used it since both of my joycon pairs are drifting and my pro controllers don't support Amiibo.
What pro controller do you have?

What pro controller do you have?
Used an official wireless Pikachu themed one. I actually thought it was gonna have amiibo support but apparently not. The other one I have is a third party one which I didn't use during my playthrough.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I beat Skyward Sword HD and I completed the side quests. I'll definitely go through and play the game on hero mode.

I never played the original Wii release, so this was a brand new experience for me. The final boss is amazing. The music in the game is top notch. Honestly, I used normal controls during my whole playthrough. I'm glad the option to change controls is in the HD version. Getting used to the motion controls didn't take me long to be honest. However, I just prefer playing with normal controls.

A lot of players gave the Wii version of the game flak because of the motion controls. Liking or not liking the motion controls can make or break the original game for you. Most would say that the game even seems linear.

With that being said, I enjoyed the game. The dungeons were fun and the puzzles were great.

In my opinion this is a great entry into the Zelda series. If you played the original and were able to get past it's flaws maybe give the HD version a go? Or maybe you're like me and never played the original release. Honestly, the story is definitely worth experiencing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I still am attempting the final Silence Realm challenge in Skyloft. I really love this game and also am currently exploring different areas when I can.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
As someone who only got a Switch recently, I haven't been able to say I've played or beaten all 3D Zelda games for a few years. Today, that'll be corrected. ...at least till BoTW2 comes out.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
As someone who only got a Switch recently, I haven't been able to say I've played or beaten all 3D Zelda games for a few years. Today, that'll be corrected. ...at least till BoTW2 comes out.
Ah. So you've already beaten the Link's Awakening remake and the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity spinoff? What did you think of the toy-like visuals? In my personal opinion, I think the remake is one of the most beautiful HD games on the Switch.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah. So you've already beaten the Link's Awakening remake and the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity spinoff? What did you think of the toy-like visuals? In my personal opinion, I think the remake is one of the most beautiful HD games on the Switch.
While they may have beaten those, neither of those games count as 3D Zeldas. Link's Awakening is a 2D Zelda, and spin-offs are just not counted. The terms at this point describe the gameplay more than the visuals.

R_N

The final AOC DLC dropped today and it's pretty neat

There's 8 new story missions; maybe not AS intricate as the original story missions but they have a decent amount to them complete with cutscenes and most shocking of all, several new maps. There's even a new boss.
The cutscenes are nice, a mix of character moments of the champions and some story bits to fill in some gaps.
There's also a gimmick to them, there's 3 side objectives to each mission which gets you the materials needed for the post-mission character upgrade missions (for a new ability and a tier 4 weapon). Generally speaking there's 2 pretty easy ones and then one that just makes yo ugo "why though"

You get Purah & Robbie after beating them, so I'm kind of glad I left all the extra battle missions until getting them.
Getting the final character requires getting a very specific Memory Mission, I need to go back and replay thte mission
It's Sooga, if you were curious. For whatever reason they really want to hide him

MrJechgo

Just gonna drop it here: I hope that BotW2 allows you to craft weapons and shields with different properties to alleviate the durability issue and the stress of getting stuck unarmed. What's odd is that you can cook meals, but cannot forge swords... and you can buy armors, shields and arrows, but not swords and bows :S

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just gonna drop it here: I hope that BotW2 allows you to craft weapons and shields with different properties to alleviate the durability issue and the stress of getting stuck unarmed. What's odd is that you can cook meals, but cannot forge swords... and you can buy armors, shields and arrows, but not swords and bows :S

The inability to craft weapons is my one critique of Breath of the Wild. Being able to make my own weapons would save a lot of time, and I'd rather raid for materials than whole items.

After nearly four years, I finally stumbled across the Statue of the Eighth Heroine. I had given up on that side quest ages ago, having been unable to find it. But alas, now I have to find the sword. :rolleyes:

I'll report back in four years. lol

EDIT: I found the sword! Turns out I went there ages ago, before the side quest even started.

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
So what does everyone think about the delay of BoTW 2 until Spring of 2023? I have to say, the moment I saw that Pokémon Scarlet and Violet were going to be released during the holiday or so of 2022, I had a feeling that this game was going to be pushed back a bit. Hopefully, it won't be delayed again and hopefully we'll see a lot more of it at this year's E3 Direct.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
The devs saw Elden Ring and blinked
I doubt that since it wouldn't be enough time to add too many new things to the game since I can easily see it releasing in March 2023 to coincide with BoTW's 6th anniversary. My guess is that 2022 was already pretty filled and the announcement of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet in late 2022, meaning either November or December, meant that if BoTW 2 was released around that time, the two games may have cannibalized each other since they both will probably at least sell 15 million, each, and if they're as good as or better than their predecessors, they may even reach 20+ million (something I can definitely see for Pokémon). With that in mind, I think Nintendo may have wanted to space the releases of the newest installments of two of their biggest franchises out a bit and since BoTW 2 would not likely be finished by Summer or Fall, they decided to push it back so as not to rush it too much, rather than have it potentially cannibalize Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, or vice versa.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well I now know that I can at least save money for the new Pokémon games. So many new releases since November have been running me dry and I spent so much in such a short amount of time.